• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Game Reveal

Arachnid

I remember this. I'm about halfway done with Odyssey but I don't think I've seen any apple of eden stuff in Odyssey and I don't remember a ton of it in Origin besides like just basic things in those futuristic "temples." I'd be interested in them exploring more of that aspect of the lore and less the present day templars vs. assassins thing.

Honestly, they shouldn't have done the whole templar vs. assassin war and instead done more of an Illuminati secret society angle. It fits much more in with the cultist aspect of Odyssey and lends itself to basically any period, any setting.
Keep going. Odyssey explained more about the whole Isu race/artifact angle than any game prior (whether or not it did a good job it though, I'll leave to you). You'll get waaay more than just futuristic temples. Especially in the DLC

Raven it is
Damn. I am so tired of spotting the map with a bird. Give me the old eagle/detective vision any day.

Last edited:
This poor fuck has been drawing for 7 hours.
I checked out the stream and saw that as well "Stream started 7 hrs ago" and it looks like he's got a few more hours to go! The illustration looks great and looks to be a Nordic themed AC game, like has been rumored now for... like a long time!

Edit: OMG it's sped up. This man, and other artists, dedication and skills are amazing.

Last edited:

iorek21

I sure miss Jesper Kyd's work on Assassin's Creed

I'd say Ubisoft never really reached his level with other composers, even if some individual works, like Tyler's in Black Flag and Sarah's in Origins were pretty good.

Jesper Kyd is the identity of AC, they should bring him back

Reactions: RSB
Woke up
Had a shag
Made me some coffee
Washed my balls

and this guy is still going ?

9a59ea3f2877b040879c15e74794975c.gif

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
This livestream is a test to see how many times can a person listen to the soundtrack to Assassin's Creed II before they slip into an induced coma.

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ
So he said that they will reveal a new AC game in the future and when asked if something gaming related will be made news tomorrow he said “yes”.

Ok let me try...

A new Call of Duty will be reveal in the near future. Also there will be gaming related news tomorrow.

Am I doing insider stuff correctly?

Your an idiot dude sorry to say - Shinobi602 is a well known insider and has a lot of credibility. He origonally used to post here a lot back in the day before NeoGaf split and nailed pretty much everything on the dot without spoiling too much - so if you're trying to defame someone or pretend to be like someone else and think your cool, your making a complete fool out of yourself. How about you actually look into the person's history on the web or do some reseaarch before embarassing yourself and making moronic statements? Sit down.

The name is a little weird. Valhalla is the house of the dead. Well, the hall of the dead. I wonder if that hints at more of a focus on the dead aspect and Norse mythology or if its just a way of making it Norse/Viking since its a recognizable word.

Arachnid

xS4j937.png

Well... it was advertised as a SETTING reveal???
Which is kind of anticlimactic since the setting leaked multiple times from multiple sources soon after Odysseys launch and on. It wasn't much of a surprise. Plus, the event was also called a "teaser". Sure, a teaser could technically be a picture, but we both know what that usually means in relation to video games. People were expecting at least a bite sized clip, audio, or something. Not just some (talented) dude doing outsourced art. A little transparency about that would have been great (the teaser is this mans 8 hour art timelapse, the art does not serve as some kind of countdown to actual in-game content).

Not that it's really that big of a deal. I'm not impatient enough to be unable to wait a day lol.

Best Assassins are the first real Assassins (Hashashin) or the Shinobis (Ninjas).
Someday, man. Someday.

Last edited:
The only settings I'd find even more boring than vikings would be China/Japan. :/

I wish AC would have stayed on course after Unity, choosing settings with proper vertical architecture for parcour gameplay and focusing on the overarching story, bringing it to the present.

They should have started a new franchise if it's just going through various settings mindlessly now.

AC doesn't need forced new settings. There's plenty you can do in Europe, just now with nextgen power. Throwing out my spontaneous top3 setting wishes: 1.) Bavaria (Germany) during king Ludwig feat. Castle Neuschwanstein; 2.) WW1 leading to WW2, basically a game where the Templars manage to snatch a win for once; 3.) Russia during the Tsars and Catherine the Great

• Thoughtful
Reactions: RSB

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I feel out of the loop.
I've hated Black Flag and not played any ac after it.
Weird since I really loved brotherhood...
The new ones just seem too huge and destinified for me. But I do have soft spot for vikings (god of war, hellblade)

Your an idiot dude sorry to say - Shinobi602 is a well known insider and has a lot of credibility. He origonally used to post here a lot back in the day before NeoGaf split and nailed pretty much everything on the dot without spoiling too much so if you're trying to defame someone
I'm aware of who he is. Hes the guy with the Seinfeld pic right?

Not sure why you are getting so butthurt. Its not to defame him (whatever the fuck that even means). And you trying to insult me and educate me... lol The article even points out that it is a very vague statement. I am laughing at them making an article over a vague tweet for hits. Not making fun of that twitter user, nor the OP of this thread

Just pointing out that what the article is based around is very vague "statements". Lets examine shall we

Umm ok. Who can't guess that. Honestly, you don't need to be an insider to make that guess. And you and me could say that about any number of games and be right. Games including Halo, COD, AC... And its not like he gave a date. So even if Ubi didn't talk for another 6-8 weeks, he would still be right. Its funny to me that this is gaming news and journalism.

or pretend to be like someone else and think your cool, your making a complete fool out of yourself. How about you actually look into the person's history on the web or do some reseaarch before embarassing yourself and making moronic statements? Sit down.
lol damn u mad

Vikings and Ireland would be no complaints from me.

Plus we get shields again in this one, which means: shield wall. Still one of the few silly things lacking from Odyssey.

Fake

Was shinobi permaban here for hype Mass Effect Andromedra because he had friend inside Bioware?

Top Bottom