• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bayonetta info (Platinum Games - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)

bayonetta-hairboot.jpg

Game of the forever confirmed!!

HAIR BOOT!!!!

Pimpbaa

Amir0x said:
uh so exactly like i said, the game is more geek fanwank for the perpetual virgin set.

Was my categorization wrong or did you pretty much say the same thing I did only attempt to put it in a positive light rather than a negative?

The chick has HAIR for clothes and when she does special attacks, she gets mostly fucking nude. Now I know this is hard to understand for some people as they've likely never been approached by a member of the opposite sex before and so they've reduced themselves to fawning over polygons and hentai fanfics but that shit is not cute or attractive. It's pretty much just stupid.

This is why games are not taken too seriously among the broader public, because it's still stuck in *TEE HEE* pre-pubescent childhood chicanery. It's still like the industry's balls have JUST descended for the first time.

I'm not going to sit here arguing about the subject for ten pages and I like Kamiya and as I said I think he'll have the gameplay in place where it counts, but some of this shit is fucking embarrassingly immature.

Oh noes! A mod is a eunuch too! Seriously tho, don't repress your sexuality like what the feminists and their propaganda want you to. You like nude chicks in video games, admit it!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It sounds great, yes... but I truly hope it'll turn into a juggle/combo game ala DMC. I want another one.

Amir0x

Banned
Pimpbaa said:
Oh noes! A mod is a eunuch too! Seriously tho, don't repress your sexuality like what the feminists and their propaganda want you to. You like nude chicks in video games, admit it!

I have no problem with nude chicks in videogames on principle, despite the fact that it's an impossibility for me to ever be attracted to a polygon bitch. The thing I have an issue with is the abject objectification of these polygon whores like some fucking pimply geeks fever dream fanfic.

At this point I'm crying to the wind, obviously, because the industry will do whatever-the-fuck. But since I'm not part of the perpetual virgin clan, I guess I can't sympathize with them.

Anyway I'll still buy it because as established Kamiya is good and the gameplay is sure to kick ass. So that's my final word.

Pimpbaa

Amir0x said:
I have no problem with nude chicks in videogames on principle, despite the fact that it's an impossibility for me to ever be attracted to a polygon bitch. The thing I have an issue with is the abject objectification of these polygon whores like some fucking pimply geeks fever dream fanfic.

Objectification is part of the feminist propaganda. It's meant to make men feel bad about their sexuality!

Graphically, the look was a mix of DMC and Final Fantasy. Beautifully colored architecture and scenery complimented with breathtakingly detailed enemies.
Beautifully Colored!? Non-brown shit confirmed? Now its really day 1

Amir0x

Banned
Pimpbaa said:
Objectification is part of the feminist propaganda. It's meant to make men feel bad about their sexuality!

you should feel bad about it if it makes you desire hair clothes fighting polygon prostitutes!

Amir0x said:
This is why games are not taken too seriously among the broader public, because it's still stuck in *TEE HEE* pre-pubescent childhood chicanery.

I'm sorry but that's a silly thing to say. It's like saying all cinema is stuck in the same phase because you bring up something like Grindhouse. When action games come down to it, it's hard for the narrative to take itself seriously because they revolve around you killing a bazillion enemies with your crazy powers a combat abilities. It's not exactly the kind of context where you'd going to achieve some emotionally engaging narrative.

I'm not saying a smaller scale totally new kind of action title might not be able to reach such. However it might not play anywhere near as well and it's obvious Kamiya isn't pushing the genre at all here.

Amir0x

Banned
Guys i don't know why you interpret my posts as 'i want an EPIC SERIOUS narrative'

Actually, my post should be interpreted as the opposite end of the spectrum. I'd prefer no narrative at all until games can find a way to integrate it in a fashion that isn't dumb.

Varth

Blimblim said:
Best non-playable game of E3 according to many people I talked to. Snoopers and Pipomantis are raving about it in the next Gamersyde Diaries. Too bad there is no footage of the game yet, especially since what was on demo behind closed doors was said to look awesome already.

+1

Game looks absolutely rad, both grapically and gameplay-wise. The only thing that had me raising my eyebrow is how close the game is to DMC4 in some aspects. The similarities in the scenario (Fortuna Square), interface (grades, even the damn pause menu) and general flow of the action (combo, juggling, orbs/halos) were almost embarassing.

On a side note, I don't really think anyone noticed the "hair" aspect of the game during the presentation. Dunno why it's been stressed so much in the bullet list.

Can't wait, really.

Shito

I usually like and enjoy your posts, Amir0x, but your "oh noes all the people who like watching polygon bitches are virgins lolilol" is quite ridiculous, really.
Seems to me you're the one having a problem there, otherwise you just wouldn't care.
You know, waving a "those people have a sexual problem there please agree with me everyone they are not being normal but I AM!" flag is usually a strong sign you should think a little bit more about all of this.

stotch

Banned
Amir0x said:
Guys i don't know why you interpret my posts as 'i want an EPIC SERIOUS narrative'

Actually, my post should be interpreted as the opposite end of the spectrum. I'd prefer no narrative at all until games can find a way to integrate it in a fashion that isn't dumb.

I'd say the hair thing is more creative than SSS! OMG! The game industry is evolving in its own way.

Seiken said:
It sounds great, yes... but I truly hope it'll turn into a juggle/combo game ala DMC. I want another one.
I hope not, the reason why like both Ninja Gaiden and Dmc is because they are so different.

Amir0x said:

At this point I'm crying to the wind, obviously, because the industry will do whatever-the-fuck. But since I'm not part of the perpetual virgin clan, I guess I can't sympathize with them.

Anyway I'll still buy it because as established Kamiya is good and the gameplay is sure to kick ass. So that's my final word.
In most cases, Id agree. I dont really care for the usual super slut woman, nor do i care for the hand job marketing everyone seems to love. This game feels different though...it doesnt feel like he is just trying to capitalize on the market, it feels like he is genuinely trying to deliver something different. This particular game isnt giving me the whole "DOA, NG" feel at all.

I would compare this feeling more towards the feeling i get from God of War. It has nice looking women, and even has a damn sex minigame. It, however, doesnt feel like its based off of it, or that it is the backbone of everything.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Amir0x said:

What are you talking about? There have been plenty of games that have done it in a fashion that isn't the dumb.

The only issue is dialogue and actual stories. Plenty of shit in Hollywood too, but there seems to be a bit more on the good side than in the games industry.

VaLiancY

Not to sound like a douche but I want to see gameplay. I'm grateful of the bullet points but they all sound great on paper yet I want to see the execution. So here is to TGS 08'.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
flintstryker said:
I hope not, the reason why like both Ninja Gaiden and Dmc is because they are so different.
You're right... Bayonetta MUST have a block function!

Caelestis

This game sounds really interesting from the details in OP. The only strange thing is that her clothes are made out of hair. I'd imagine that would be uncomfortable to move in. xD

So it's Devil May Cry mixed with a bit of The Bride With White Hair and some fantasy imagery? Okay. I'm kind of skeptical as to how this is supposed to be moving the action game genre forward.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
I really dislike the character design. I think that girl looks really off, like a 35 year old mom, and not a milf. If it plays well though I might buy it.

hclflow

Oh man, do I ever want a way to punch people through the Internet right now.

This game looks absolutely, unquestionably awesome. EMBRACE THE INSANITY.

andymcc

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
So it's Devil May Cry mixed with a bit of The Bride With White Hair and some fantasy imagery? Okay. I'm kind of skeptical as to how this is supposed to be moving the action game genre forward.

Hopefully there is an aspect of gameplay that is going to raise the bar for action games. Seriously, the story to this seems to be tailor-made for lonely anime nerds with a hankering for crotch-shots and boob-jiggle. Really, the plot has no bearing on the game to me, I'll buy it day one, no question about it, but I think all this game is going to do is refine what we've already come to expect from the genre.

hiryu said:
Shouldn't you at least source the EGM issue this was taken from?

This.

The game sounds amazing. Kamiya made it sound like Bayonetta is the completion of his sort of personal action trilogy.

Dante = Cool Moves
Joe = Beautiful Moves
Bayonetta = Sexy Moves

The game PN 03 wishes it was.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Amir0x said:
you should feel bad about it if it makes you desire hair clothes fighting polygon prostitutes!
I don't understand why being partially nude would make a woman a slut or a prostitute. Especially when you consider that there are plenty of cultures where it's not a big deal when women go bare chested (some of those being matriarchal). I think it's a reflection of America's puritanical roots and one of the unhealthy side effects of repressing and demonizing human sexuality. The female body was demonized as well.

Yoshichan

Sho_Nuff82 said:
This.

The game sounds amazing. Kamiya made it sound like Bayonetta is the completion of his sort of personal action trilogy.

Dante = Cool Moves
Joe = Beautiful Moves
Bayonetta = Sexy Moves

The game PN 03 wishes it was.
Nero = Cool, Beautiful AND Sexy moves IMO :)

hclflow

SapientWolf said:
I don't understand why being partially nude would make a woman a slut or a prostitute. Especially when you consider that there are plenty of cultures where it's not a big deal when women go bare chested (some of those being matriarchal). I think it's a reflection of America's puritanical roots and one of the unhealthy side effects of repressing and demonizing human sexuality. The female body was demonized as well.

You're talking about Amirox here. Seriously.

andymcc said:
Hopefully there is an aspect of gameplay that is going to raise the bar for action games. Seriously, the story to this seems to be tailor-made for lonely anime nerds with a hankering for crotch-shots and boob-jiggle. Really, the plot has no bearing on the game to me, I'll buy it day one, no question about it, but I think all this game is going to do is refine what we've already come to expect from the genre.

Pretty much, although I found this bit interesting:

Control comes in the form of a shoot button, a punch button, and a kick button. But you can purchase others, stronger combinations.

So it's like God Hand and Assassin's Creed? God Hand in that you can purchase and map out your combo's and Assassin's Creed in that its got a simple interface that's context sensitive, in this case, to what Baretta's got equipped. Guns on her feet, a sword in one hand and crazy ass hair attacks with one interface make for one combo, switch up some equipment, while keeping the same interface, to make others?

It may not be revolutionary or anything like that but the gameplay sounds like it could be all kinds of awesome.

And wait, this is all ganked from the new EGM? I gots to buy it then.

dude

dude
Amir0x said:

I agree.

andymcc

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
So it's like God Hand and Assassin's Creed? God Hand in that you can purchase and map out your combo's and Assassin's Creed in that its got a simple interface that's context sensitive, in this case, to what Baretta's got equipped. Guns on her feet, a sword in one hand and crazy ass hair attacks with one interface make for one combo, switch up some equipment, while keeping the same interface, to make others?

It may not be revolutionary or anything like that but the gameplay sounds like it could be all kinds of awesome.

hopefully the ai won't be
braindead, it'd be a shame to let those awesome mechanics go to waste.

Aske

SapientWolf said:

I completely agree. Sometimes nudity isn't about sexuality. In addition to the fact that nudity barely raises an eyebrow in Japanese and most European mainstream cultures, it's also a staple of old school comedy. See Monty Python, which may well have inspired aspects of this game (giant boot descends from heavens).

If anything, the strong God Hand vibe the game gives off immediately made me link the nudity to Gene's spankings in God Hand. Only the most ignorant chip-on-shoulder feminist would view those as offensive, when in reality the absurdly over-the-top objectification and forced subservience of the female enemies mocks traditional gender biases. It's nonsensical: in real life no man vs woman fight would end with paternalistic admonishments and a bad little girl punishment. HA.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bayonetta becomes embarrassed about her body after more powerful attacks, and we see an amusing little animation which discourages players from abusing the move.

As for revolutionising the action genre...Let's wait and see. God Hand arguably did just that, and elements of GH combat combined with the (relative) mainstream accessibility of a Devil May Cry could deliver something we've never seen before. I just hope the QTEs are like those in God Hand rather than the ones in God of War. Either give me a cut scene, or let me make the kill - don't ruin both the interactivity and the cinematics by forcing me to play Simon Says with a small area of the screen.

Draft said:
QTE

Bullet time

Hair

Finally someone advancing the action genre :lol

Error said:
this sounds like the most retarded game ever, and not in a good way.

My god, their out in full effect. Look, Itagaki's unemployed, he's not making anymore Ninja Gaiden games, let it go already.

itapoint.gif

Anyway this game is God Hand + Devil May Cry + Viewtiful Joe + PN03 having buttsex together.

GOTY.

EDIT: You're not going to know if this game changes the genre like DMC1 did just by looking at text. We're going to need to see footage.

EDIT 2: Kamiya's games never had bam! bitch in your face big tittied nudity (addressing amir0x) Look at Trish in DMC1, and look at Trish in DMC4. She had a massive boob job in-between. Hopefully this "nudity" is more fast flowing, artistic and fits with the game. And doesn't stand out like an eye-sour as do the female characters in Itagaki's games.

Aske said:
I completely agree. Sometimes nudity isn't about sexuality. In addition to the fact that nudity barely raises an eyebrow in Japanese and most European mainstream cultures, it's also a staple of old school comedy. See Monty Python, which may well have inspired aspects of this game (giant boot descends from heavens).

If anything, the strong God Hand vibe the game gives off immediately made me link the nudity to Gene's spankings in God Hand. Only the most ignorant chip-on-shoulder feminist would view those as offensive, when in reality the absurdly over-the-top objectification and forced subservience of the female enemies mocks traditional gender biases. It's nonsensical: in real life no man vs woman fight would end with paternalistic admonishments and a bad little girl punishment. HA.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bayonetta becomes embarrassed about her body after more powerful attacks, and we see an amusing little animation which discourages players from abusing the move.

As for revolutionising the action genre...Let's wait and see. God Hand arguably did just that, and elements of GH combat combined with the (relative) mainstream accessibility of a Devil May Cry could deliver something we've never seen before. I just hope the QTEs are like those in God Hand rather than the ones in God of War. Either give me a cut scene, or let me make the kill - don't ruin both the interactivity and the cinematics by forcing me to play Simon Says with a small area of the screen.

In this case I fear that's the intention.

But you have a point.

Relaxed Muscle said:

But you have a point.

But there are several forms of sexuality. The lazy form of sexuality, (i.e, slapping big boobs and revealing outfits, where it doesn't make any sense (ninja gaiden 1/2)) or the sexuality that is more artistic and subtle. And in this game, as odd as the idea of using hair as a weapon, the nudity makes sense. Her head hair covers her skin, if you use said hair to attack, obviously such hair can no longer be covering her.

And what's this crap about her hair being a weapon is stupid? What? You guys want yet another action game to rely soley on the sword? For fucks sake try something a bit different in a big budget mainstream game.

EDIT: I see the lead art designer is the same guy who did the art design for Okami.

Since I never played that game, how were 'the females' in that title? Granted it's a different tone artistically, but usually you can tell if an artist sees women in a certain light, from game to game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Relaxed Muscle said:

But you have a point.
It might be, I don't have any way of reading the minds of the devs. But the absence of clothing can also a very good way to show how vulnerable the character becomes when she uses those special moves. They also don't seem to be marketing the game around the sight of a scantily clad, hyper-sexualized female so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. So far they are hyping the game based on the gameplay and the visuals.

vg260

Sounds awesome. Kamiya has made my most beloved games in recent memory, so this is an insta-buy for me.

I'm just kinda burned out on angel enemies from DMC4.

SapientWolf said:
It might be, I don't have any way of reading the minds of the devs. But the absence of clothing can also a very good way to show how vulnerable the character becomes when she uses those special moves. They also don't seem to be marketing the game around the sight of a scantily clad, hyper-sexualized female so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. So far they are hyping the game based on the gameplay and the visuals.

Yeah, I supose we'll have to wait and see.

And just hearing Kamiya is the director, this game became the most anticipated game from now on, I don't need any graphic and gameplay praising to know it'll will deliver. :lol

Amazing bullet points :lol
C- Warrior said:
My god, their out in full effect. Look, Itagaki's unemployed, he's not making anymore Ninja Gaiden games, let it go already.
Never change.
C- Warrior said:
EDIT: You're not going to know if this game changes the genre like DMC1 did just by looking at text. We're going to need to play it.
Fixed
C- Warrior said:
EDIT 2: Kamiya's games never had bam! bitch in your face big tittied nudity (addressing amir0x) Look at Trish in DMC1, and look at Trish in DMC4. She had a massive boob job in-between. Hopefully this "nudity" is more fast flowing, artistic and fits with the game. And doesn't stand out like an eye-sour as do the female characters in Itagaki's games.
I'm calling it now: Thanks to clever camera work, bare ass is the most you get. They gotta save something for a sequel.

Sounds like a good spiritual sequel to Devil May Cry 1 and 3, the only good games in the series.

I'm on a media blackout for this one, now.

Mamesj said:
This is Bayonetta and you kill shit with hair.
Best description of a game ever. Even in writing this sounds fucking awesome. I'm so tired of all of this first person shooting and third person sandbox shooting gang wars shit that's gone on this generation.

Top Bottom