• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Black Panther costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Not an expert on comic book lore but doesn't he have a cape in the comics too? Because I think he needs a cape. Make him look all royal and such.

The current writer of Black Panther believes that he shouldn't have a cape or anything extra, other than what you see here. I don't think he'll get a cape.

Dynomutt

tumblr_mdz86mU7hW1qj4qpio1_400.gif

conpfreak

Has this costume been confirmed? Doesn't look like the one he was wearing in the set photos and there are reports on twitter that this is fan made. Anyway, if T'Challa gets a cape, it would probably be in his ceremonial gear rather than his BP suit.

You're probably right but the MCU has made such a big deal about Vibraniun in these movies that I figured the gold is some upgraded tech contributed by the Avengers or something.

OR maybe it's that lol.

Why on Earth would T'Challa use Avengers tech? His tech laps theirs.

Arc reactors are probably batteries for children's toys in Wakanda.

HMD

I wanna watch this for the amazing supporting cast, the hero himself was incredibly boring in the last marvel movie he appeared in (I think civil war?)

Skilletor

Whats with the rampant use of the n-word in casual conversations? I now constantly see it on GAF and I hate it.

Black posters talking about a black movie with a cast so black you'd think it was a movie about slavery.

You're probably right but the MCU has made such a big deal about Vibraniun in these movies that I figured the gold is some upgraded tech contributed by the Avengers or something.

OR maybe it's that lol.

lol. Stark would need to go to T'Challa for upgrades, not the other way around.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
T'Challa is a multi-trillionaire. He might be the wealthiest fictional character ever.

That's your plot reason.

The explanation for his stated wealth has the dumbest fucking explanation, even for comics.

Each gram of vibranium has is worth $10,000 and they have 10,000 tons of it.

He's worth around $90.7 trillion according to the comics, which is more than the GDP of the fucking world.

This is when education fails us and comic writers should have taken a basic economics course.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Why on Earth would T'Challa use Avengers tech? His tech laps theirs.

Arc reactors are probably batteries for children's toys in Wakanda.

This is the aspect of Black Panther that's going to trigger them the hardest. Thousands of ghost white basement dwellers are going to twist their soul-knickers over racism fueled fictional tech comparisons.

Why does black people using the word "nigga" unsettle folks? 🙄

The explanation for his stated wealth has the dumbest fucking explanation, even for comics.

He's worth around $90.7 trillion according to the comics, which is more than the GDP of the fucking world.

This is when education fails us and comic writers should have taken a basic economics course.

It ain't that deep, dawg.

Slayven

This cast so black that if you buy tickets on Fandingo you will get pulled over on the way to theater

tumblr_okff5qqc8l1rz1uj4o1_500.jpg

They got Ghost Dog

Eh its a comic, there is lots of dumb shit. If I want to read about economics I'll pull out my copy of The Economist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom