• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne gameplay trailer

The art direction is out of this world.

The game looks great, and I liked seeing the mix of weapons and firearms for combat. When he stabbed the enemy and it just gushed out blood... damn. It sounded really awesome.

Do we know who's doing the music?

BumRush

So forget for a second that this game is being developed by arguably the hottest and best developers on the face of the planet right now, the art direction and ambience would make this game a day one for me regardless of developer.

p.s. the roll animation is fucking amazing

This is the most impressive so far as tech goes:

ilLKYxv3x4Bge.gif

Every single...um..tendril? on his body is moving independently... and the force of his impacts are making them bounce.

That's freaking impressive.
Oh-my-GIF.gif

Just wanna know there's a lot of character customisation options. That is all I want to know.

And I appreciate the cohesive art style, but guys, I really want some zany From design in there, once we leave that city.

I can't wait for some gameplay.

I-hate-u

Just wanna know there's a lot of character customisation options. That is all I want to know.

And I appreciate the cohesive art style, but guys, I really want some zany From design in there, once we leave that city.

I can't wait for some gameplay.

Its a Souls game brah, ofc there is customization.

Breakage

The art direction in this game is just incredible.
It's so confident and consistent. Feels like you're really inside a gothic nightmare.

Seance

Banned
That roll animation looks a lot better than the Dark Souls 2 one. Hopefully the character movements will be more realistic and weighty like the first Dark Souls. Character animations in DS2 were awfully floaty and just looked awkward.

woen

1407872609-1407869606297.jpg

I'd loved to see what they could do with that art style in an (dark) Harry Potter/Sorcerers game

Warner Bros, if you here me.

Although this gameplay trailer gets my attention, I will definitely purchase it.

cheezcake

As cool as the trailer was I can't help but feel a little disappointed, I was hoping for a straight up ~10 minute gameplay segment

RoKKeR

So, as somebody who enjoyed but really struggled with Dark Souls difficulty wise, how is this shaping up? Still a challenge? Any chance of it being more accessible to new players?

Looks absolutely phenomenal.

Sami+

So, as somebody who enjoyed but really struggled with Dark Souls difficulty wise, how is this shaping up? Still a challenge? Any chance of it being more accessible to new players?

Still a challenge. :)

I think Dark Souls was more accessible than Demon's so it's a fair assumption that this game will be an improvement as well.

Amir0x

Banned
I've watched this trailer one million times.

this is literally - LITERALLY LITERALLY - the greatest most interesting looking game i've ever seen. the atmosphere is so thick in this trailer i could practically lick it off my computer screen and disappear into some blackened void

Kssio_Aug

Its looking freaking amazing! This game just give me the vibe of a trully Sony exclusive masterpiece! Now it jumps to my most wanted PS4 game (behind only U4) until now!

RoKKeR

Still a challenge. :)

I think Dark Souls was more accessible than Demon's so it's a fair assumption that this game will be an improvement as well.

Hmm, alright then.

I'll probably give it a go as I imagine the systems will be a bit more modern. Bummer I won't be home when it releases.

No doubt it'll be hard

Maybe harder since no more shields

this is literally - LITERALLY LITERALLY - the greatest most interesting looking game i've ever seen. the atmosphere is so thick in this trailer i could practically lick it off my computer screen and disappear into some blackened void

I know. It is like Miyazaki and Japan studio are making sweet love to every pixel on screen. Ooozing with atmosphere, style, flare and you can almost taste the ideas flowing into this game.

It just feels like the next big thing. Demons Souls came out of left field and became my GOTG last gen. This game is a missile loaded into a moon sized BLOODBORNE COMETH satellite in space aimed directly into my gaming soul

BloodBorne OT | Beautiful Darkness

IN MY VEINS

Yeah, when u marry good art style with that PS4 pony powah, it's a beautiful thing. It almost looks like pages from a concept art book truly coming to life.

HardRojo

Bloodborne is definitely the one game I'm looking forward to the most, the artstyle and atmosphere look incredible and while the combat is still very Dark Souls-ish it looks like it's got its unique spin to it.
Hopefully we'll get more news and gameplay footage throughout the week.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Blah, this sucks, I didn't think I was going to have to get a PS4 so soon. But now I have to get one within the next 6 months. From has given me no choice. Screw you From!

I admittedly couldn't get into the Souls games, but I love the atmosphere on display here. Protag looks slick as hell, too. Definitely going to keep my eyes on this.

Amir0x

Banned
I know. It is like Miyazaki and Japan studio are making sweet love to every pixel on screen. Ooozing with atmosphere, style, flare and you can almost taste the ideas flowing into this game.

It just feels like the next big thing. Demons Souls came out of left field and became my GOTG last gen. This game is a missile loaded into a moon sized BLOODBORNE COMETH satellite in space aimed directly into my gaming soul

BloodBorne OT | Beautiful Darkness

IN MY VEINS

What I love is the sheer density of the world. I mean, this looks like it could pass for anyone's nightmare of the scariest gothic city ever, if such a place could exist in reality. Every place your eye darts there is some fantastical detail exploding some new horror. Seriously, the art director in this game needs to win eighteen million awards for this game next year.

Yeah, when u marry good art style with that PS4 pony powah, it's a beautiful thing. It almost looks like pages from a concept art book truly coming to life.

I could probably freeze every single frame in this movie and it would be worth looking at

I never got into the Souls series, but how likely is it that this game will let you customize the look of your character? I know you can use different weapons in Dark Souls, but are their different armor options that actually change your appearence?

I cant stop watching the gamersyde footage...is it March yet?? Gotta say this Gamescom has been amaaazing so far. Cant wait til tomorrow for impressions...so much for media blackout :'[

Top Bottom