• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom Classics Collection v2 PS2 video and impressions (WTF)

Tellaerin

MoxManiac said:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/capcomclassicscollectionvol2/news.html?sid=6154189&mode=previews

I just finished watching the gameplay movie and...

Despite SSF2T supposedly being arcade/cps2 emulated, the ****ing voices are still high pitched like the console SF2 ports of CCC1! Dee Jay and Chun Li sound like they huffed some helium. WTF Capcom!!! Or is digital eclipse still doing this??

I could have sworn the character voices were screwed up in the coin-op version, too. Wasn't that the SF where the announcer sounded like Big Bird?

mosaic

go eat paint
They actually sound just right to me... yeah, SSF2 and SSF2Turbo had "younger" voices than the earlier games. And that damn Big Bird announcer.

blackadde

from srk;

Also note that I am the Lead Producer on Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2 (PS2/Xbox) which will be out in time for next year’s event, and it will feature an arcade-perfect emulation of ST. -sirlin

he's a trustworthy guy and an icon in the community. i have faith!

Black Tiger and King of Dragons are instant sales. Knights of the Round, Magic Sword, and Varth are awesome too.

Shame it won't have the "world" version of Captain Commando(with the decapitations and such).

Also I remember the voices in SSF2T being crap in the arcade as well so no huge deal.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Needs more Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded for PSP:

ccc02.jpg

Man, I just got Capcom classics for PSP and holy shit it is FCKING AWESOME.

Varth, Side Arms, Black Tiger, Magic Sword, Strider... what a ****ing awesome little umd that is, I've been playing the shit out of that. You can do tate mode in the vert shooters too:D

Digital Eclipse did a SUPERB job on this version, can't wait for reloaded.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Tellaerin said:
I could have sworn the character voices were screwed up in the coin-op version, too. Wasn't that the SF where the announcer sounded like Big Bird?

Yes, but "big bird" is the only real change...his voice (or a voice just like it) is also used for Guile and Sagat. Everyone else is normal sounding, although there were other changes.

Anyway, I agree with Mox. The voices sounded too fast and high-pitched, yet the music was the right speed. Something got screwed up, but wait until the final version before you panic; maybe it's just something with the early version or from the movie of it.

Personally I find the original CPS1 music and voices FAR better than the CPS2 music for SSF2/T. Yet another reason why I love Hyper SF2; you can change the BGM to CPS1. :D

sol_bad

Infernal Monkey said:
So... this is still getting an Xbox release? Neat. The PAL PS2 version of the original was dreadful compared to the Xbox version.

I havn't bought this yet, why is the PS2 version dreadful?
:(

Gamespot- "The game will feature 20 titles: 1941, Avengers, Black Tiger, Block Block, Captain Commando, Eco Fighters, Knights of the Round, King of Dragons, Last Duel, Mega Twins, Magic Sword, Quiz and Dragons, Side Arms, The Speed Rumbler, Street Fighter, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Strider, Three Wonders, Tiger Road, and Varth."

Man, I didn't even know this was coming out. Why no Alien vs Predator or Dungeons and Dragons? I hope it's not liscense issues, I want them for the next one.

Well Crud. Is there anything left for Capcom to release? How about a lesser known fighter comp, Rival Schools, Project Justice, Warzard, er...Galaxy Blade or whatever it's called (there was a one and two, had a dude with a lazer sword in MVC2), Tech Romancer....

Agent X

MoxManiac said:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/capcomclassicscollectionvol2/news.html?sid=6154189&mode=previews

I just finished watching the gameplay movie and...

Despite SSF2T supposedly being arcade/cps2 emulated, the ****ing voices are still high pitched like the console SF2 ports of CCC1! Dee Jay and Chun Li sound like they huffed some helium. WTF Capcom!!! Or is digital eclipse still doing this??

Digital Eclipse is developing this for Capcom.

I'm with MoxManiac on the high-pitched voices issue--I also immediately noticed this when watching the GameSpot preview (which I did even before reading this thread for the first time). I'm surprised how many people here think the voices are the same on here as a real SSF2T arcade machine. I'm already aware the voices are different than the SF2 games prior to Super SF2, but that's not what MoxManiac is complaining about here.

I do have faith that Cpacom and Digital Eclipse will fix this. Someone who is involved with the site Shoryuken is a producer on this game, and has pledged to deliver arcade-perfect SSF2T in this package. Hopefully he will notice the problems with the sound, and the team will be able to remedy them before final release.

Top Bottom