• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Character Revealed for KILLER INSTINCT (Spider Witch?)

Mdk7

So I guess that's everyone considering what we've been told before

Confirmed/Shown

Jago
Chief Thunder
Glacius
Saberwulf
New Character

Verbally confirmed but not shown

Spinal
Cinder
Fulgore

Can someone explain how TJ Combo and Orchid were left out in favor of Chief Thunder or Cinder :/ ?
I was told Riptor (or at least a dinosaur) will 100% be there by one of the devs at E3.
Don't think he will be there at launch, but probably the 7th or 8th character is him.
And i'm totally fine with it! ;)

Crocodile

Nope can't say I'm too much of a fan. Looks too much like an MK character for my liking. Let's just cut out the chase and get to B Orchid already.

ajb1888

Banned
Unexpected and very interesting.. This game has surprised me thus far. Hopefully Microsoft ports this to PC before 2016...

Honestly when I first saw the title, I pictured something really awesome for the new character because of 'Spider Witch' so I ended up disappointing myself a bit from the design. Lol.

Yup.

Cinder used to be my main. :)

I'm curious as to what they would do with Cinder, design wise. Obviously Glacius changed quite a bit.

Also, I would want Cinder pretty soon only to quiet down my lover. XP She mains Cinder as well.

Interesting. I like the look of this character. I guess we'll find out more details in two weeks or so.

Also, I like how this new KI is really cementing multiple character archetypes. I never really did play the old KI games to a serious extent, so I can't say whether or not the character archetypes of those games were quite so clear as they are in this new KI. As it stands, we have:

Jago: Well balanced "Shoto" style.
Sabrewulf: Rushdown
Glacius: Zoner
Thunder: Grappler
New Gal: Aerial attacker

There's three more to be revealed, so I'm eager to see what they bring to the table.

I can see them expanding on Spinal's energy absorption ability. Maybe they'll make him similar to Painwheel and let you charge his attacks and absorb incoming damage to deal back to the opponent. I could also see them turning him into a puppet character like Carl Clover. Give him another skeleton to control, or let him pull off his skull and control it independently like Ms Fortune's head.

Besides that, a stance character wouldn't surprise me. Orchid could switch between human and cat stance, or Kim Wu could have different martial arts stances.

The only other archetype I could think of is a character that relies on flight mode. They could give Fulgore jet boots, but i don't know if that's different enough from this new character.

I'm curious as to what they would do with Cinder, design wise. Obviously Glacius changed quite a bit.

Also, I would want Cinder pretty soon only to quiet down my lover. XP She mains Cinder as well.
I'm guessing Cinder will either be a lava man or have a Ghostrider style flaming skull.

Awesome move! Loving the complaints up in here "well I won't buy an xbox one until you give me the exact character I want" - grow up and stop being a baby.
New characters are great, this game has got me so hyped.

IHaveIce

Banned
I like her. If there would be no new chars everyone would be bitching how they just rehash old ideas

As long as Orchid is in the game somehow I'm fine

fallingdove

I was pleased with the look of sabrewulf, glacius, and thunder. Back to dissappointed with whoever the hell this is. (I really think it is Kim Wu)

the character looks like she offers a unique play style comparatively to the rest of the cast so far. I am interested to see how air juggling works within the ki systems - from the trailer for thunder it looked like he was going to have to rely on grappling but from the post reveal streams, everyone seems to play him just like Jago, wulf, and glacius.

Rey

Awesome move! Loving the complaints up in here "well I won't buy an xbox one until you give me the exact character I want" - grow up and stop being a baby.
New characters are great, this game has got me so hyped.

My thoughts exactly.

Im surprises its a MK type character, didnt expect that. But it looks like a lot of fun to play here with the air juggles. After playing KI at Gamescom yesterday my hype level is thru the roof.

NEO0MJ

I was hoping one of the characters would be a new female character, though I'm kinda meh on the design. Only thing I hate about this reveal is the uncertainty of Fulgore's fate.

Delt31

anyone think this could be orchid still?

1) Orchid is a spider

2) There is that Orchid green represented in her head dress and torso.

3) Her flexibility is demonstrated in her move set and stance.

4) Devs or maybe mick said that music was being worked on for a girl that used to be a cheerleader, eluding to a sig redesign.

5) Orchid's story was that she was some type of gov assassin right? This new person looks to be some type of assassin as well

6) KI2's Orchid had thigh highs and this woman has black thighs highs that are all cut up.

hmmmmm

If this is orchid (gone to the dark side) i'm not sure I want that although classic skin should be included too so who knows

Synth

1) Orchid is a spider

4) Devs or maybe mick said that music was being worked on for a girl that used to be a cheerleader, eluding to a sig redesign.

5) Orchid's story was that she was some type of gov assassin right? This new person looks to be some type of assassin as well

6) KI2's Orchid had thigh highs and this woman has black thighs highs that are all cut up.

hmmmmm

If this is orchid (gone to the dark side) i'm not sure I want that although classic skin should be included too so who knows

If this turns out to be the case, I am holding you personally responsible!

This is the only thing that would be worse than Orchid/Fulgore not being in the initial line-up.

wildfire

Banned

1) Orchid is a spider

hmmmmm

While I like the look of this character it would be pretty shitty to redesign Orchid like this.

Some responses in this thread...

How dare Double Helix make a 100% new character for a franchise that has been gone for a long time and many people don't know or care about? And with such a bland design to boot, where's my girl with skimpy leotard and laser weapons?
Has there been any news of an actual arcade stick being released for the XBO? I always enjoy my fighters more with one ...
Yeah, there's a Madcatz TE announced.

nded

They really should have gone with the MK route. Stick with the original roster, maybe the later/new characters as DLC.

They want you to be interested in the second round of DLC, so either Orchid or Fulgore will be released with season 2 as a headliner.

Top Bottom