• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Character Revealed for KILLER INSTINCT (Spider Witch?)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Now we have it officially confirmed! I like it actually. I just hope she also has a "Classic KI" throwback costume, because I'd like to see how she looks in the old 90's design style (Get Kevin Bayliss to design it!).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
They're rebuilding each character's move set as well, balancing the roster to cover fighter archetypes instead of the previous model of everyone is essentially the same with a different skin.

And also building their stages :p

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
AND Music. And Layers to the Music. And unique sound and visual effects for each one. It's kind of a lot of work.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So why are they only going to have 8 characters when they're creating new ones?

Timing, release strategy.

They may start with 8, but if this game has a life as long as street fighter 4... They could have 40~ by the end.

I'm licking my lips at the possibility of having 40 stages to be honest lol

They may start with 8, but if this game has a life as long as street fighter 4... They could have 40~ by the end.

Thats a lot of new characters that'll be added into Killer Instinct. And i'm curious as to what Sadiras stage will be like?

Sydle

I like the name.

I was itching to see Orchid, but I think I can wait. Don't get me wrong, would love to see her in Season One, but given all the characters and the great coverage of fighter archetypes I feel really confident I'm going to enjoy this game quite a bit over the long haul. I've never been into the technicalities of fighting games, but this game just might get me to learn it all.

scitek

Timing, release strategy.

I hope they do continue to add characters for a long time to come, but I also hope they're not all $5 a piece.

majian

Neo Member
To quote Jay-Z (Minor change as I don't support the N word)

Hov' on that new shit, ninjas like "How come?"
Ninjas want my old shit, buy my old albums

If I wanted to play all the characters in Killer Instinct from the 90's I play an emulated version. I fully endorse some new characters being introduced. Hell Street Fighter III was a great game and it only had 4 re-occurring characters from the SF II iterations. Fans are going to be upset that X character is not in it but hey it is a NEW game and the old characters will most likely be introduced in the later seasons.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I hope they do continue to add characters for a long time to come, but I also hope they're not all $5 a piece.

They're not currently $5 a pop. If you buy the packs, they're $2.50 Each, or about 2.85 if you consider Jago as a freebie, and the other 7 being included in the $20 level.

And for now, even if you just buy 4 characters at the $5 level, it'll give you the rest, since you've "topped off" on the value.

They've stated they really want to continue to offer deals as they go along too, so it sounds like they'll constantly have packs, where buying multiple / groups of characters is always a better value than buying separately. Unless you only like 1 or 2 characters, in which case, buying those 1 or 2 will save you overall money.

sadira? man not helping it not feel like MK (kitanA, MileenA, SadirA, etc).

Wow, I never realized how many characters ended with 'a.' Females, of course.

Tanya, Nitara, Kira, Sareena, Sonya, Sheeva

With the exception of:

Jade, Frost, Sindel, Ashrah, Khameleon, Li Mei and Skarlet.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Sorry, all the MK-related similarities ended when we found out she shares a name with:

527379_1283021051089_full.jpg

Aladdin > MK! (and it's amazing how much I don't care about any of the characters between, say... MK3 and MK9.)

To quote Jay-Z (Minor change as I don't support the N word)

Hov' on that new shit, ninjas like "How come?"
Ninjas want my old shit, buy my old albums

If I wanted to play all the characters in Killer Instinct from the 90's I play an emulated version. I fully endorse some new characters being introduced. Hell Street Fighter III was a great game and it only had 4 re-occurring characters from the SF II iterations. Fans are going to be upset that X character is not in it but hey it is a NEW game and the old characters will most likely be introduced in the later seasons.
Couldnt agree more my ninja.

scitek

They're not currently $5 a pop. If you buy the packs, they're $2.50 Each, or about 2.85 if you consider Jago as a freebie, and the other 7 being included in the $20 level.

And for now, even if you just buy 4 characters at the $5 level, it'll give you the rest, since you've "topped off" on the value.

They've stated they really want to continue to offer deals as they go along too, so it sounds like they'll constantly have packs, where buying multiple / groups of characters is always a better value than buying separately. Unless you only like 1 or 2 characters, in which case, buying those 1 or 2 will save you overall money.

Hopefully in the future they release characters more than one at a time so you can buy several at a cheaper price.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hopefully in the future they release characters more than one at a time so you can buy several at a cheaper price.

Ever since the E3 premiere, they've hinted towards wanting to do themed packs of some sort, so I think that's quite likely.

Not sure if they'll release them faster, but waiting for certain groups to be out, to get just those at a certain discount, might very well be possible.

Top Bottom