• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Code Vein Gameplay

sublimit

Banned

It kinda bugs me that some of the attacks don't seem to have any impact (in terms of animations) on the enemies... To be honest i hoped to see some bigger improvements than this footage. It's still day 1 for me though.

stickkidsam

Some Souls features don't need to be imitated.
I wouldn't call that a souls feature so much as just an expected behavior.

Weapons not having collisipn on the environment is one of those things that generally bothers me. RUINS MUH MERSION.

At least for games as tactical (if that's the right word for it) as Souls style games tend to be.

Nikodemos

Weapons tend not to be fully-rendered, due to the huge processing needs compared to the result. It's one of those things like cloth and hair clipping which needs way more resources compared to the effect on consumers.

Kagey K

Banned
I was hoping for more, but after that closed beta last weekend it seems like they still have some work to do before this game is ready.

Really hope they can pull it together in the end.

Yumi

Rubbish hitbox, garbage commands menu and boring
Dang. Im gonna wait for release impressions but not hopeful. The look is kinda cool but thats about it. That viceral attack is right out of bloodbourne but is slowed down, i can see that getting annoying. The enemies seem super boring to fight, the animations take way too long even for beginning enemies, and you have help from another character? Weird segment of gameplay to show.

Have we seen a boss fight yet? This game seems like its taking too long to make for what it is.

It definitely looks improved over the initial showing, but the initial showing was kinda crappy...
I dunno, I think it looks alright. I have a tolerance for crappy Souls ripoffs though, having played through Lords of the Fallen and The Surge.
Elden Ring is still a long ways off, I gotta feed the Souls need somehow.

I will say that Surge 2 looks miles better though.

Reactions: Isa
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Played Lords of the Fallen for about 20 hours and actually enjoyed it but im horrible in "souls" type games without my buddy called Save Wizard. Both will be rentals via GameFly so I can't complain. The Surge 2 is another rental/save wizard game for me. Hehehe.

vkbest

They improved the framerate? Demo was pretty worse on Pro that shows this video

Last edited:
Top Bottom