• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New console joining the next gen console wars.

jarosh

Are you Ready for the Revolution!!!!

logo__.jpg

13.jpg

Kabouter

sonycowboy said:
Being a startup in an industry that requires some combination of

a) Billions of dollars of investment

b) A stable of intellectual property

c) High volume electronics manufacturing capability

d) Ability to lose your ass financially for the first several years

e) Internal Hardware R&D capability

is going to make it incredilby difficult for a startup (much less an established company) to ever enter this arena again.

Intel seems perfect if not for option #2 :p

Zapages

This sure is next gen:lol :lol :lol

Check out the specs:
EVO: Phase One Technical Specifications:

CPU- AMD Athlon 64 3200

L1 Cache 64kb + 64kb

L2 Cache 512 kb

2.0 Ghz.

GPU-Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro w/HDMI

Twevle pixel pipelines

Core Clock 500 MHz

Memory Clock 800 MHz

Tuner card- Hauppauge with built-in FM radio

RAM- 512 DDR

Storage- 80 gig hard drive

DVD-Rom drive

Akimbo built-in software

(Video on Demand)

Biometric game save and security feature

Digital Media Support-Support for DVD-video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW

DVD+R/RW, CD-ROM, CD-RW

Send customize Envizions games to any EVO wireless router.

Many players playing from one master hub.

3-D graphics

Cooling: Customize CoolIT Systems liquid system

Audio- Creative Labs Audigy SE

24-bit Advanced HD

EAX Advanced HD

Supports surround sound 7.1, 6.1 and 5.1

I/O – Support two 2.0 USB PC ports (in front)

Four rear 2.0 USB ports

On board Ethernet port

Software-Media Center 2005

Physical specs-Width-318mm

Height-100mm

Length-415mm

High-Definition- Standard-definition and high definition video support

A 2.0 Ghz is suppose to play next gen PC games. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Nice idea but for that much you could build a nice computer thats upgradeable, maybe if it had upgrade options that would sweeten the deal. Yet why buy this over a console or a PC.

Kabouter

3-D graphics, wow.
And GHz hasn't meant anything in a loooooooooooong time :p
Athlon 64 3200+ is decent enough. The RAM and GPU will be a bottleneck long before the CPU.

mmlemay said:
Anniston, Alabama?!?!?

How in the world did a company in that shitty little town obtain the funding for this?!?

EDIT:

Okay...so I'm driving right by Anniston later today and I wanted to stop by to see if this company is legit. Google Maps doesn't recognize the number, but it is a real street.

Hopefully I can look into it later today. They did answer the phone when I called the number...

I live in Huntsville and I was going to offer to drive down there and bitchslap these guys, but you're closer. You handle it.

Kabouter said:
3-D graphics, wow.
And GHz hasn't meant anything in a loooooooooooong time :p
Athlon 64 3200+ is decent enough. The RAM and GPU will be a bottleneck long before the CPU.

this shit is only 3D? wtf.

Dr_Cogent said:
Perhaps a joke on investors?

Seriously though, I know nothing about the company and it could be legit, but I don't see anyone else possibly giving MS, Sony or Nintendo a run for their money in the games department.

agreed. a pc is a pc, I don't care what graphics card is in it.

uh, where the **** is Phantom?

Jive Turkey said:
THAT'S CHEAP WHEN YOU STOP AND THINK ABOUT ALL THE TECH YOU'RE GETTING!

what would that be, 2 year old hardware with a descent vid card?

I bet you could build a better pc cheaper, but why bother, get a 360 and be DONE with PC gaming forever. :lol

Andy787 said:
Everything about that seems completely fake, why are we even giving this any attention?

Amen. I am willing to bet that this is, indeed, another Phantom. Just another financial device crooked business men use to bilk money out of investors.

BobJustBob said:
I live in Huntsville and I was going to offer to drive down there and bitchslap these guys, but you're closer. You handle it.

Yeah...I'm driving from ATL to BHAM later this afternoon, but I don't think I'll make it buy before they close at 5. I'll try my best, though. It's awesome to see a fellow poster from Alabama on the boards, even if you're sporting the Kirby's Air Ride avatar!

No6

I don't know about you guys, but I'm fully behind the only console on the market that's Gamer Certified.
The Gamers Certified Creed:
The Evo Gamer Certified seal represents the highest level of quality and coolness pertaining to any aspect of gaming, to be expected from the EVO: Phase One entertainment console. Expect to feel the raw power and excitement that only one machine can deliver. Prepare!
Yes Sir!

the Evo forums appear to consist of three people.

Maxrpg said:
I'm actually interested in seeing what games will be on it... I'm not going to buy the console, I just want to see proof of concept here..

I heard they will have the following launch titles:

Nada 3

Let's Wait in Line

Cockwanker 2

aoi tsuki

The actual EVO image is hosted on Photobucket. Awesome. Then there's the link to a place that sells blinged out rims.

i'm sold.

i'm about to give them a call.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
See, what confuses the hell out of me is that it's possible to get venture capital for non-projects like this or the Phantom. You'd think with as easily as venture capitalists part with their money according to these scams, it'd be real easy to start a nice indie publisher or a snazzy development studio.

But nope.

Ashodin

Mr Furious said:
I heard they will have the following launch titles:

Nada 3

Let's Wait in Line

Cockwanker 2

Throw 'em a bone here... they're actually trying to sell a console (well, it may just be a scam, rofl)

Most of their downloads to the system though seem to be just PC games.

So it's a cheap PC Games console, DVD Player, TiVo, and other crap put together.

Top Bottom