• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Content for Street Fighter 5 Still Coming (Nymphae Won)

10-new-street-fighter-5-reveals-slated-cpt-north-american-finals-an.jpg

Exciting news for Street Fighter 5 fans coming out of Brazil Game Show today as Capcom's Yoshinori Ono has revealed the official dates for the November and December announcements we heard about at EVO this year.

The Street Fighter Producer took the stage to share some news about the Intel World Open, but offered some bonus information as well. This was all communicated in Japanese, and we've got the following English translation thanks to MajinTenshinhan.

"You wanna see new characters, right? You want new content too, I'm sure that's what you're all thinking. Well, about that, we're going to have new information to present to you in regards to that at the Capcom Cup North American Finals in November, and at Capcom Cup in December, so if you could please just stay patient until then."

Due to the relatively high status of both the NA Regional Finals (a Super Premier event slated for November 16-17 in Las Vegas) and Capcom Cup, (slated for December 13-15 in Los Angeles) fans have expected them to be the events at which the aforementioned November/December announcements would be officially revealed.

Season 4 of Street Fighter 5 currently boasts a total of four new characters, (Kage, Poison, E. Honda, and Lucia) where previous seasons have all produced six DLC fighters, so inclinations that we'll get one or two more before the end of the year are certainly not unwarranted.

Based on Capcom's past actions this year, there's a good chance that any characters that may be revealed at these events will be available in-game almost immediately afterward. As far as new content is concerned, we have been suspicious of a possible Super SF5 update to carry the game for another year or two.

In addition to all of this, Ono also showed an array of new "Tournament" costumes for the entire cast that will be available for free this December.

Photo of Nymphae Nymphae taken in 2016 during the launch release of SFV:
chun-li-cosplay-10-10-11334276.png

Last edited:

kunonabi

Vega's classic is already in as a fighting chance costume. Those tourney costumes mostly suck but better than nothing I guess.

Nymphae

Banned
Vega's classic is already in as a fighting chance costume.

Yeah, it's his only good one and it's currently shelved on a random draw waiting list. Let me buy it is what I'm asking. I've saved up so many goddamn fortune tickets just for that draw and it never comes back, and even if it does I'm not guaranteed to win it. Like take my fucking money already.

Life

Meh - this is ultimately bad news because it means a new Street Fighter is even further away than I thought.

Recently watched a tournament (Sea Asia?) after a long time and got tired of the Karins, Ibukis, Rashids so quickly. That japanese Zangief (forgot his name) was one of the few fun players to watch.

Watching Fuudo throw another top player like 4/5 times in a row in the corner was just as disgusting, as it was years back.

petran79

Banned
If they add Makoto maybe I'll return. I liked that fighting style in 3S and IV. But if SF6 goes inevitably the same route, this will probably be the last time I bother with the series.

Nymphae

Banned
If they add Makoto maybe I'll return. I liked that fighting style in 3S and IV. But if SF6 goes inevitably the same route, this will probably be the last time I bother with the series.

Why do you say 6 will "inevitably" go the same route - literally every single game in this series is a major departure from what came before.

petran79

Banned
What?

You LIKE having next to no input lag, and being able to see things on-screen as they are happening mechanically?

How reactionary. :messenger_beaming:

It is so silly that you can reduce input lag on the PC version, yet they went with the standard input lag of the PS4 version for tournaments and online play

FMXVII

That's the ticket Capcom, just keep building on the shaky foundation.

Shaky foundation?

Those deliriously inept fools put the thing smack on top of a fault line, tossed DLC in the crack, and called it a day.

The only things the game doesn't suffer from, are positive side-effects.

Last edited:

CD'S BAR

That's cool they're still adding content and it is a fun game, but I stopped playing because the load times are still fuckin terrible.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I've owned SF5 since launch and I'll happily buy the Ultimate Turbo Everything Edition at the end of the gen.

(hoping for more oldies like Dee Jay and T. Hawk)
Aye i def want that version.
4 was such a cool game completed.

VertigoOA

Banned
End the exclusive bs already. It hurt the game...

Next gen port incoming... hopefully without exclusive PlayStation deals — because that’s trash

Petrae

That's cool they're still adding content and it is a fun game, but I stopped playing because the load times are still fuckin terrible.

The lengthy loading times between fights make SFV not worth revisiting. It feels like a technical mess, especially if I just want to play through Arcade Mode while I have a few extra minutes. Much too long to wait.

yurinka

It's time for 6 or some spin-off... I can't stand V anymore.
Don't expect to see SFVI released before 2023.

When asked about SFVI this week in the BGS Q&A and SFV support in PS5, Ono said it's too early to talk about SFVI, that they supported SFIV during 8 years (this is countring from the original SFIV arcade to USFIV PS4 port) and that they still have to release a lot of things for SFV, that it's entering its 5th year/seaon (the 2020 one) and they plan to support SFV for the same time. He also mentioned that PS5 was officially announced while he was at BGS so still can't comment about it.

Some also asked about SF Zero 4 (or SF Alpha), and Ono mentioned he'd like to do it but Capcom still didn't approve it. He encouraged fans to keep supporting SFV and asking for SF Zero 4, something that helps him to convince the company that there is enough interest for it.

Source:
[media]

My Japanese and Brazillian suck, it would be nice if someone can transcript in English the SFV, SFVI, PS5 and SFZ4 questions and replies.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
When asked about SFVI in the BGS Q&A and SFV support in PS5, Ono said it's too early to talk about SFVI, that they supported SFIV during 8 years (this is countring from the original SFIV arcade to USFIV PS4 port) and that they still have to release a lot of things for SFV, that it's entering its 5th year/seaon (the 2020 one). He also mentioned that PS5 was officially announced while he was at BGS so still can't comment about it.

Some also asked about SF Zero 4 (or SF Alpha), and Ono mentioned he'd like to do it but Capcom still didn't approve it. He encouraged fans to keep supporting SFV and asking for SF Zero 4, something that helps him to convince the company that there is enough interest for it.
As long as zero four brings an actually good art style and is released as a complete game.

To be honest at this point I would be more happy with more moves for some characters, second supers, a actually good balance patch, and all around more options for characters (especially outside v-trigger) than just adding more.

VertigoOA

Banned
I can totally see SF6 not happening next gen and staying with SFv.

By keeping it exclusive to PS4 there’s a lot of potential players to miss reaching out to.

Street Fighter II after-all was the first ever game as service.

What needs to be done is a relaunch for next gen and leave the Sony deal. The game has undergone tons of changes, received tons of content and launch criticisms are completely invalid at this point so when I see the same old song and dance... just stop lying.

Haven’t touched it in over a year but I was always a fan of sfv. Although ALL the new characters have shit designs.

Honestly, they need to pull a Dead or Alive and make a f2p version. The costumes are already expensive enough to milk nerds drooling over their anime wives. They can bring in more players and revenue that way.

Give the original 8 world warriors away for free. Feature all the SF2 stages. Everyone will be happy.

I’ve been playing since 94 and I can still only play as 3 characters :messenger_expressionless:... okay maybe, maybe 6.

Last edited:
Top Bottom