• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Cry On (X360) information + some Famitsu 360 news

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
So Cry-On is another Microsoft RPG, as I said many times although jarrod wanted me to put it as a 3rd party RPG ;)

wow at Blue Dragon localization, I can see it doing VERY good in France, Spain, Italy and such thanks to Toriyama + Dub in our languages.

Speaking of BD's performace in other regions, I can totally picture the U.S. ad.....

"From the people who brought you Dragon Ball Z........comes.......**** it, THIS IS FROM THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT YOU DBZ, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU. THIS ****ING GAME IS FROM CARTOON NETWORK'S DRAGON BALL Z!!! CAN YOU NOT SEE THE DAMN APPEAL...

... coming 7/07...., oh, and the creator of Final Fantasy had a helping hand as well....."

Heh. We'll see what the ads turn out to be...

ethelred

DarknessTear said:
I don't see what's so great about this new guy, he's done nothing but be involved in games I don't like. Of course the same is for the other guy but at least his art was good.

You've never even played the games he's been involved with, have you? Be honest.

DarknessTear said:
You don't know what this game is partly about right? They claimed it was going to be like a Miyazaki movie so art IS important.

To point where the game is ruined? i dont see the art looking awful at all. Eitherway Art whores are just as bad a graphic whores.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Kabuki Waq said:
To point where the game is ruined? i dont see the art looking awful at all. Eitherway Art whores are just as bad a graphic whores.
no, it's called bad taste and DT is brimming with it.

ethelred said:
You've never even played the games he's been involved with, have you? Be honest.

Blinx and Sonic. Sounds like a bad man to me!

Error2k4 said:
no, it's called bad taste and DT is brimming with it.

Being told I have bad taste by someone like you makes me glad I have bad taste by your standards. :D

Luckett_X

Banned
Haha accusing the Panzer Dragoon world creator of ruining a games artwork. Thats a good one. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Now listen here, wretch! The Panzer Dragoon games probably have THE VERY BEST art direction in the entire purile games industry. The very idea of a miyazaki-esque anime game now fueled by the creative world vision of Kusunoki and some great new gameplay ideas gives me a gaming boner that could kill you with one slight erect movement.

Kabuki Waq said:
DT is one of those ppl who watch games more than play them i guess.

The game is supposed to have a Miyazaki film feel in-game and art is very important for it to work. Yay for repeating myself.

ethelred

DarknessTear said:
Blinx and Sonic. Sounds like a bad man to me!

Yeah, and how about the games he's actually known for, such as Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Saga?

You know, the two games where he actually contributed actual art, since his only involvement in Sonic Adventure and Blinx was the collaborating on the CG cutscenes?

So I say again: Have you even played the games? Be honest this time!

Luckett_X said:
Haha accusing the Panzer Dragoon world creator of ruining a games artwork. Thats a good one. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Now listen here, wretch! The Panzer Dragoon games probably have THE VERY BEST art direction in the entire purile games industry. The very idea of a miyazaki-esque anime game now fueled by the creative world vision of Kusunoki and some great new gameplay ideas gives me a gaming boner that could kill you with one slight erect movement.

I don't get to say this often, but... I agree with Luckett_X.

DarknessTear said:
The game is supposed to have a Miyazaki film feel in-game and art is very important for it to work. Yay for repeating myself.

This is NOT a film tho. And just because it doesnt Ape Miyazaki it ruins the game for you?

Gameplay is king when it comes to games.

ethelred said:
Yeah, and how about the games he's actually known for, such as Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Saga?

You know, the two games where he actually contributed actual art, since his only involvement in Sonic Adventure and Blinx was the CG cutscenes?

So I say again: Have you even played the games? Be honest this time!

I played Panzer Dragoon and I've seen Panzer Dragoon Saga but I can't really comment on the art in those because I don't really know what he was involved with. In general the games looked pretty plain to me. It's kinda like saying Guardian Heroes had out of this world art or something.

Kabuki Waq said:
This is NOT a film tho. And just because it doesnt Ape Miyazaki it ruins the game for you?

Gameplay is king when it comes to games.

Yeah well we'll see how much this change affects the look of the game during gameplay. It doesn't sound so great to me anymore, have you people even seen the old scans? The art looked amazing.

DarknessTear said:
I played Panzer Dragoon and I've seen Panzer Dragoon Saga but I can't really comment on the art in those because I don't really know what he was involved with. In general the games looked pretty plain to me. It's kinda like saying Guardian Heroes had out of this world art or something.

joke poster confirmed?

DarknessTear said:
Yeah well we'll see how much this change affects the look of the game during gameplay. It doesn't sound so great to me anymore, have you people even seen the old scans? The art looked amazing.

yes please explain to me how the LOOK of a game effects the gameplay?

Yeah I don't see what's so special about them. I can think of RPGs with not so amazing art that had better art than Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Lunar
Grandia
FF7 - 9

So yeah, I don't see what the big deal is. Prove me wrong, though!

Kabuki Waq said:
yes please explain to me how the LOOK of a game effects the gameplay?

Well I don't know about you but I expect something good looking as well as fun.

DarknessTear said:
Yeah I don't see what's so special about them. I can think of RPGs with not so amazing art that had better art than Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Lunar
Grandia
FF7 - 9

My God you're hopeless. Ignored.

Luckett_X

Banned
DarknessTear said:
Lunar
Grandia
FF7 - 9

ARRRRRGH NO, GET OFF OF MY PLANET. GET OFF OF IT RIGHT NOW WITH YOUR ANIME BIG DOEY EYES AND GENERIC SPIKEY HAIR! OFF! OFF! I think I'm going to vomit with rage. Never comment on a games artwork ever again. Ever. Anywhere in life or the internet.

ethelred

DarknessTear said:

pd3_cesashow.jpg
pd3_azelbed.jpg

pd3_gash_web1.jpg

DarknessTear said:

Lunar
Grandia
FF7 - 9

Well I don't know about you but I expect something good looking as well as fun.

So Mario 64 was shit because the art wasnt amazing?

Luckett_X said:
ARRRRRGH NO, GET OFF OF MY PLANET. GET OFF OF IT RIGHT NOW WITH YOUR ANIME BIG DOEY EYES AND GENERIC SPIKEY HAIR! OFF! OFF! I think I'm going to vomit with rage. Never comment on a games artwork ever again. Ever. Anywhere in life or the internet.

Note that I didn't say the art was good, just that it was better than Panzer Dragoon's. :lol

Error

who cares about DT? seriously...

just reply a witty one liner, because that's what his posts deserve.

DarknessTear said:
Okay that makes it a little easier to swallow (you obviously don't see art like this in-game) but I still don't really like the looks of the characters very much.

do you remember how FF7 looked in game?

ethelred said:
Maybe because the games were on the ****ing Saturn, Mr. Brain Trust?

Well that's a given but even in the game there was nothing really special looking that caught my eye.

And also it means you can't bitch too much about me being skeptical because it's on the "****ing Saturn". :p

Lhadatt

dirtmonkey said:
I remember reading of it a few months ago -- something about crying (as the name implies) and making the user....feel certain emotions.
This is probably the most informative piece of information in this whole thread, considering several people have asked this question.

dirtmonkey37 said:
Can someone tell me the concept for Cry-on?
No, because GAF doesn't know. They only know that:

a) it's supposed to look like a Miyazaki movie (good luck with that, Mistwalker - hire Hayao or Goro, will ya?), and

b) it's being done by the Panzer Dragoon guy.

A [now] 3-page thread is devoted to this little bit of information, and a bunch of art-whores saying things like "ew, one new scan I don't like even though I can barely make out anything at all. THIS ONE CONCEPT DRAWING IS RUINING THIS TITLE I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT"

GAF AM FAIL TOTAL

Luckett_X

Banned
The irony of course being that Panzer Dragoon and its art and world took massive influence from a little film called Nausicaa, which was....oh no....hang on what....OH SHIT! It was...a Miyazaki film? The latest artwork if anything even further reminds me of a miyazaki film, let alone non actual game screenshots have been shown at all.

But then you probably haven't seen Nausicaa either, so I'm spitting web-rage at a hairless monkey scratching its arse in a tree pondering its next FF7 fan-fiction.

Lhadatt said:
This is probably the most informative piece of information in this whole thread, considering several people have asked this question.

a) it's supposed to look like a Miyazaki movie (good luck with that, Mistwalker - hire Hayao or Goro, will ya?), and

A [now] 3-page thread is devoted to this little bit of information, and a bunch of art-whores saying things like "ew, one new scan I don't like even though I can barely make out anything at all. THIS ONE CONCEPT DRAWING IS RUINING THIS TITLE I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT"

GAF AM FAIL TOTAL

Looks like you haven't been following this game to me!

Luckett_X said:
The irony of course being that Panzer Dragoon and its art and world took massive influence from a little film called Nausicaa, which was....oh no....hang on what....OH SHIT! It was...a Miyazaki film? The latest artwork if anything even further reminds me of a miyazaki film, let alone non actual game screenshots have been shown at all.

But then you probably haven't seen Nausicaa either, so I'm spitting web-rage at a hairless monkey scratching its arse in a tree pondering its next FF7 fan-fiction.

Just because it's influenced by it doesn't mean it's worthy.

I think this needs a new thread(wtf-darkness tears art taste:lol ).
I think his design with panzer saga is brilliant but i have to see more of his work for Cry On to decide if he is still at that level.

Error

BamYouHaveAids said:
Obviously you do since you responded to him 10x in this thread.
I never quoted him obviously you lack something called observation

Luckett_X

Banned
Cry On is set in a world where humans and giants live side-by-side, although not peacefully. The normally docile giants have become greedy like the humans. In the middle of all this is the main character, a young girl named Sally, and her giant friend, Bogle. Like Mistwalker's other titles, Cry On will fit Sakaguchi's vision of creating games that evoke emotion.

The gameplay was said to be 'katamari of the colossus' wherein the girl's giant friend would start out smallish and get bigger in the game creating a sense of scale between the small young girl and her giant protector.

Wrap it all up with now fantasic world design and yet another Nobuo Uematsu soundtrack, and youre looking at a potential GOTY candidate.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Lhadatt said:

GAF AM FAIL TOTAL

:lol

Lhadatt

DarknessTear said:
Looks like you haven't been following this game to me!
No, because it's nowhere near being released. In the meantime, I'll be playing Castlevania:poR, Phoenix Wright 2, Kirby:SS, Gears, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, tons of VC stuff, that Behemoth XBL game, Lost Planet, and whatever the hell else comes out between now and the two years it's going to take to finish this one game that no one at GAF knows squat about.

Luckett said:
Cry On is set in a world where humans and giants live side-by-side, although not peacefully. The normally docile giants have become greedy like the humans. In the middle of all this is the main character, a young girl named Sally, and her giant friend, Bogle. Like Mistwalker's other titles, Cry On will fit Sakaguchi's vision of creating games that evoke emotion.

The gameplay was said to be 'katamari of the colossus' wherein the girl's giant friend would start out smallish and get bigger in the game creating a sense of scale between the small young girl and her giant protector.

Wrap it all up with now fantasic world design and yet another Nobuo Uematsu soundtrack, and youre looking at a potential GOTY candidate.
Thank you, Luckett. This gives me a [very] rough idea of what the game could [possibly maybe] be like, although it's not enough over squat-level knowledge to get me excited.

Info like this should have been included in the OP to educate the unenlightened masses.

neo2046 said:
- it seems lots of Sega fans have shifted to X360, so the ambition of Ilminas (PSU expend disc) is not the only x360 title

How did they come to this conclusion? Did PSU sell more on the 360 or something?

Amir0x

Banned
Schafer said:
Just out of curiousity, what exactly is the concept of this game? I've heard literally nothing about it.

"This Xbox 360 game is a joint project between Mistwalker and Artoon. The theme of Cry On is tears, both of sadness and joy. Players will take control of main character Sally in this action adventure, working through scenarios that promise an emotional response.

Cry On takes place in a world where people live amongst giant sand creatures. Sally is in the company of one of them, a creature named Bogle, and fights alongside it. Although normally tiny, Bogle can transform into a giant beast to fight. He'll do so when Sally is in danger. The game promises to give players the perspective not just of Sally, but of Bogle as well. The game will play out with portions from both characters' perspectives."

That's what IGN has written. The artwork when they first unveiled the game was really good, and they said the in-game visuals would be inspired closely by Miyazaki films. My personal interests stems from the comment that it is influenced heavily by games like Shadow of the Colossus and Katamari Damacy.

"One of the concepts of the game, Sakaguchi reveals, is to let players experience the difference in traveling through the world as Sally and as the Bogle. The scale, playable character and perspective will change as you play the game, switching off between Sally and the Bogle."

It sounds very, very good to me.

Dascu

Amir0x said:
That's what IGN has written. The artwork when they first unveiled the game was really good, and they said the in-game visuals would be inspired closely by Miyazaki films. My personal interests stems from the comment that it is influenced heavily by games like Shadow of the Colossus and Katamari Damacy.
Although a bit "off-topic", I just thought back of this:
ColossalKatamari.png

Shadow_Child said:
How did they come to this conclusion? Did PSU sell more on the 360 or something?

Because Sega is run by a bunch of morons who couldn't make good business decisions if the company depended on them

I liked the original designs, but Panzer Dragoon >>> Drag-On Dragoon. Of course gameplay is the most important part so they better get that right too. :)

icecream

Public Health Threat
bloke said:
Good move, Cavia is kinda hopeless anyway.
Apparently they'll have 4 new games for 360 announced this year, wtf stop funding them MSJ.
Maybe they won't all be SRPGs...

Dali

Kabuki Waq said:

Ummm wrong. Are you saying that Gears, Halo, and Mass Effect (going on assumption for ME) would draw the same crowd of fans if they all had Nomura's touch? If Zelda games used Oblivion's realistic art direction
(aka no art direction)
would it be the same Hyrule?

3rdman

God I ****ing love that PDS artwork...is there anyplace that sells reprints of them???? I've been wanting one of those for a long time!

Dali said:
Ummm wrong. Are you saying that Gears, Halo, and Mass Effect (going on assumption for this one) would draw the same crowd of fans if they all had Nomura's touch? If Zelda games used Oblivion's realistic art direction (aka no art direction) would it be the same Hyrule?

I am saying Art whores are just as bad as graphics whores.

Both overlook GAMEPLAY for visuals.

Top Bottom