• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead Space 3 Screen Shots (10/08)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I can't wait to turn off that motion blur and depth of field.

Dead Space has had AO for quite a while now on Nvidia cards.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Not even a mother could love this:

ds3_space4hpsj7.jpg

ds3_space61gswx.jpg

The motion blur looked really terrible in the recent gameplay vid too. Thankfully, DS1/2 had the options to remove all of the shitty low tier settings for a pristine image/motion at 60 fps.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Not even a mother could love this:

ds3_space4hpsj7.jpg

ds3_space61gswx.jpg

The motion blur looked really terrible in the recent gameplay vid too. Thankfully, DS1/2 had the options to remove all of the shitty low tier settings for a pristine image/motion at 60 fps.
Oh, it's not great looking blur...but I don't play screenshots. In motion, I think it looks fine and I much prefer it. If the blur were of higher quality I'd be more excited, but it's still acceptable.

I just love post processing in my games. :|

Depth of field looks great to me, though.

ds3_hostileindoor40fjus.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Maybe I have magic eyes, but shit blur is still shit blur in motion. I'm just seeing 59 more frames worth of shit blur each second.
Oh I can see it in motion as well, but I still prefer using it to disabling it.

There's really not much to argue here. I prefer soft rather than sharp image quality with lots of post processing for my PC games.

Raptor

That Witness Suit is beautiful and very remiscent of the Tank and Zealot suit, really glad they leep making suits with those marks all over.

Really loving it!

todahawk

That Witness Suit is beautiful and very remiscent of the Tank and Zealot suit, really glad they leep making suits with those marks all over.

Really loving it!

I haven't liked the other ones as much but I'm liking the new Witness Suit.

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
Oh, it's not great looking blur...but I don't play screenshots. In motion, I think it looks fine and I much prefer it. If the blur were of higher quality I'd be more excited, but it's still acceptable.

I just love post processing in my games. :|

Depth of field looks great to me, though.

ds3_hostileindoor40fjus.jpg

The DoF is very rarely that high. That shot is during a paired kill/grapple, so we turn it up to increase the drama/focus on the two characters.

It's better than the original, weird astronaut suit, I think. At least cooler.

This was the original Astronaut suit in DS1:

concept_vis_isaac_ast4mjro.jpg

Actually, no, that one was really awesome too. I like the EVA suit more since it looks more... plausible, but the original Astronaut suit was neat too.

nel e nel

Looks like we're getting an artbook and graphic novel

A Dead Space graphic novel and art book is expected to be published in February 2013, UK bookseller Titan Books announced today.

The hardcover art book will retail for $29.95 while the paperback graphic novel will be available for $17.95. Both are expected to release on February 12th.

Raptor

It's better than the original, weird astronaut suit, I think. At least cooler.

This was the original Astronaut suit in DS1:

concept_vis_isaac_ast4mjro.jpg

Actually, no, that one was really awesome too. I like the EVA suit more since it looks more... plausible, but the original Astronaut suit was neat too.

This suit is really cool looking.

omonimo

Banned
It use the same engine of the prequel? Because from what I remember the graphic wasn't that great, I'm impressed how is improved now.

Top Bottom