• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny Gameplay

Also I'm glad that they stop showing the female hunter with the bug eyes helmet. Disgusting.

I was really hoping for more information about beta, collectors edition, and MP. But I can wait.

reKon

Banned
Lol, I haven't gotten to read too much of this thread, but I'm going to assume there's going to be a lot of "this isn't even 'next-gen' gameplay bro..."

SRTtoZ

Hybrid of Borderlands and Halo with a male Cortana?

Dem landscapes. So nice. Obviously played on the PS4.

Abounder

Banned
Looks like a delay in the making. I agree Destiny seems like Halo-lands, and everything from the art direction to the gameplay seems too familiar and fails to excite for a AAA project. But playing coop online with your buddies can give Destiny huge legs.

Visually it look very pleasing, but way to much like Halo for me with all the colors and art direction. I love Halo but I was really wanting something that looked truly different and not so much like Halo.

Other than that it looks rather boring and I'm not seeing anything groundbreaking as far as game play goes.

FartOfWar

Banned
This reivew bothers me. Not because it's negative.. but because the entire tone throughout the whole thing is negative. It comes across as if the author is tired of games in general and has a special dislike of shooters. Maybe it's just me though.

It's just you. The tone isn't entirely negative. Also, you need to make up your mind. Are game previews deceptively gonzo "paid for" puff pieces or are they the missives of cynics who aren't hyping your particular darling at the appropriate decibel level?

I played a day and was bored, all my friends went back to BF4 after a few days of TF and regretted buying it. Limited and been all done before.

I have 345 hours in BF4. I tried going back once after TF came out and just couldn't do it. It sounds to me like you just need to learn the ins and outs of the game more. But I guess if nothing in those videos was exciting to you, that probably wouldn't help. Game is dope as hell.

And some characters:

QritUw0.jpg
N124rT1.jpg

bnFCVCm.jpg
0pbxSyY.jpg

bg7q8ct.jpg
p0rfHlX.jpg

Looks like there will be a lot of customization and differences between classes, etc. I like it.

Whoa there. Halo has excellent AI and I would say much better looking combat.

What makes you say that? Game has tons of depth. Play CTF, it encourages higher level play. I'm still learning new routes and tricks.

But dat art.

Ok...depth should be clarified. Virtual Fighter 5 has a lot of depth as well. Depth is probably not the right term to describe the differences between Titanfall and Destiny.

They went back to battlefield? Is this on xbox or pc? That game is a mess.

I just started playing BF4 on PC. There are a couple small issues but I can't say anything has really hampered my enjoyment all that much. The netcode needs some work but the game itself is quite fun. Certainly way more intense than Destiny looks. Destiny looks like it is stuck in last gen with a new coat of paint. The gameplay looks very... one note?

You guys do know this is just the Strike missions you select from the city. Only one mode of many in Destiny.

A lot of people are only watching the Gameplay vids and not bothering with the reviews, so it's not abundantly clear to them that this is only one mode of many.

It does need to be pointed out though. Especially considering Strikes are supposed to be 20-30 minute arcade-style shoot ups for a single Fireteam. The more difficult and complex gameplay is supposed to be the Raids, which require higher levels, better gear, and multiple Fireteams to beat. It's also been said in the reviews that level cap can be achieved in a few hours and from that point, the goal is horizontal progression in weapon and gear build varieties.

I have 345 hours in BF4. I tried going back once after TF came out and just couldn't do it. It sounds to me like you just need to learn the ins and outs of the game more.

LMAO hogwash tf is not deep, bf4 is vastly bigger in scale and deeper then tf, there is barely anything to learn in Titanfall, its one of the most shallow FPS experiences on the market.

kiguel182

This trailer didn't do much to me. I love the whole universe they are building and the art is amazing but the gameplay isn't convincing me.

I was really hyped for this but I just feel meh. Fantastic presentation but that's it. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will turn out great.

Disguises

Footage does absolutely nothing for me.
Nor me. It has the boring parts of halo (waiting for something to activate while fighting another wave of enemies and, oh look, as the last enemy dies, the thing activates...) mixed with the repetitive parts of Borderlands. I really, REALLY want to like this but 70% of the time, the new news bores me and does nothing for me. I thought I was going to be the only one, but it seems others feel like this too. But still...plenty of time to change my opinion, Bungie :)

LMAO hogwash tf is not deep, bf4 is vastly bigger in scale and deeper then tf, there is barely anything to learn in Titanfall, its one of the most shallow FPS experiences on the market.

Please explain how it is shallow considering it has a higher skill gap than almost every other modern shooter in the market today.

This is true, my frist few games of Titanfall I was smoking dudes and knew exactly what to do / what the limitations were. Very simple game with a cool gimmick. Its not one of the most shallow games but it was dissapointingly small in scope.

I'd love to play you and show you how wrong you are re: shallow. Small in scope I can understand, but calling it shallow is just wrong on so many levels.

The impact sounds and gunfire just sound so unsatisfying. Nothing sounds meaningful or definitive. I know that sentence sounds a bit vague but what I mean is, at no point does anything make a sound that makes you go: "DAMN!!! Bitch, you just got SHOT!" Certain sounds need a certain amount of "finality" to them.

Headshots certainly seem to be tactical but not very thrilling. I want to cringe a little bit each time I hear my partner snipe someones face off. If an expolsion happens, I don't want it to mix in with the ocean of other combat sounds, I want it to go over the other sounds and envelop them.

I'm more than fine with "Halo with Magic" and would be thrilled if that was all it was visually. But every other element just seems so tame.Its like they don't want anything else to stand out other than the visual flair of the characters, the health bars and the UI. One word could describe what I've seen so far and that is "muted". There is a great game trapped in there, somewhere.

Anion

It's been stable for us for months and is way more impressive in scale, gameplay and tactics and deeper then titanfall.

You know people would take you more seriously if you wouldn't make your opinions sound like facts...

And this is exactly how you derail a thread, Mr. Spleen. Interestingly, I assume your friends with Mr. Bladders

Doran902

This is true, my frist few games of Titanfall I was smoking dudes and knew exactly what to do / what the limitations were. Very simple game with a cool gimmick. Its not one of the most shallow games but it was dissapointingly small in scope.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm pretty confident in saying that PvP won't be Destiny's strong suit. Hopefully it'll be good, but I think the PvE will be better no matter what.
I...I didn't say that. At all. Who's post is that? I have pretty much no interest in PvP for this game.

I have to say, it does feel awfully slow coming from Titanfall.
For all of Titanfall's shortcomings, the way they enhanced movement in an FPS via parkour-style movement was pretty amazing, and is something I would like to see in ALL FPSs from now on.

I'm surprised my feelings towards the gameplay footage seem to be reflected with most of GAF. It really didn't do much for me. I found myself skipping ahead to see if anything interesting kicked off.

Hopefully this is one of those games that's just boring to watch, but actually great fun to play when you get your hands on it.

i think from now on activation should handle all the media footage bungie wants to release because honestly every time they release new footage i become less interested in the game.

hand the control over to activision, the know how to release exciting looking footage. this looks boredom central so far, they need to show new stuff not the same looking weapons in the same location over and over again in 20min videos

"We're not favoring Sony over Microsoft."

3 hours later: Shows PS4 gameplay.

Probably because they wanted to show the best LOOKING version of their game? I don't know, that's what I'd probably do. Otherwise they could just show it running on the Xbox 360 and be done with it.

Play me and I will show you.

The game has that easy to pick up and play gameplay of COD with a gimmick. It is shallow small in scope. They designed it with casual gameplay in mind in hope for big sales, that is obvious, there is nothing deep, or strategic about TF, add in such small limited scope it was all manufactured hype imo.

Top Bottom