• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny Site Launches - Lots of new footage and info

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

anyngf.gif

Those weapons are begging to be used. Bungie would be wasting serious potential if there is no space combat as part of a linear mission at the very least.

viveks86

Didn't they say there's no space combat and the ships are strictly for travel?

The only thing they denied was free roaming in space AFAIK. Other than that, this is all we have:

Whether Destiny features space combat, however, the developer would only tease, saying players should expect interesting situations.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/17/destiny-in-the-stars-exploring-bungies-10-year-plan/

Old Russia?

NJMvUHI.jpg

Yeah. The new teaser confirms it. They will be showing old Russia. I'm now convinced that the entire map shown there is old Russia.

greatgeek

Banned
Didn't they say there's no space combat and the ships are strictly for travel?
I know one dev said that Destiny is not a spaceflight simulator. Perhaps they meant it's not a spaceflight simulator in the vein of EVE or Star Citizen, and there are limited, linear space combat missions.

I can't believe it has been over a year since this game was officially revealed and now the floodgates are finally gonna open. Hopefully it will be a consistent stream of information from now until September 9th.

The only thing they denied was free roaming in space AFAIK. Other than that, this is all we have:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/17/destiny-in-the-stars-exploring-bungies-10-year-plan/

I imagine we will get some "small" open areas to fight in like Reach's space combat.
that kind of looks like old russia, really hope it's not :/

Probably a new area in Old Russia, I also wouldn't be surprised if we see more than Old Russia though.

So this video Bungie are releasing tomorrow looks to be set in Old Russia and will feature a Guardian choosing a mission, "partying" up with a fireteam and go through an enemy lair near where they first showed during E3.

I would be pleased to see some more of the other locations, too. I wonder what the beta will contain as far as those places are concerned. Can't remember if we've even seen anything other than Fallen on Earth.

Bsigg12

ElRenoRaven

If the media tomorrow is all from Old Russia I'm gonna blow a gasket. Besides the fact that they've already shown it the longest, they have tons of other environments that are much more striking and they decide to focus on brown n' bloom.

You have to figure it will be. I'd not expect something different till E3 maybe. Why blow your load now when you have just over a month till you can show off something totally different?

Simo

Torn between warlock and hunter

Same here. Going more towards to a Human Warlock just for the petty reasoning of I don't like the "hood over mask" for the Hunters and most of the additions for Hunters seem to keep the hood. lol

I'll be at work when this blowout happens so I'm expecting an OP to have EVERYTHING revealed in it, dammit!!

viveks86

Same here. Going more towards to a Human Warlock just for the petty reasoning of I don't like the "hood over mask" for the Hunters and most of the additions for Hunters seem to keep the hood. lol

I'll be at work when this blowout happens so I'm expecting an OP to have EVERYTHING revealed in it, dammit!!

It's gonna be tough for me as well. 10 AM Pacific is the worst time for me to be active on Gaf :/

You have to figure it will be. I'd not expect something different till E3 maybe. Why blow your load now when you have just over a month till you can show off something totally different?
Eh, then I hope we at least get details on the mission structure/classes/how the game works etc.

Will we see any of the enemy "factions" in situations where we are not present, or where we are not fighting them? (Like in the beginning cutscene of Halo 2) I know it's a "story about us", but these guys look super interesting - especially the Fallen and the Vex.

viveks86

Everyone seems to want to play Warlock. I hope that doesn't screw up game balance too much with everyone running the same classes.

I think it has to do with their magic capabilities. If other classes have something equally cool, I'm sure the choice won't be as easy. Hopefully tomorrow will answer that.

There's a huge chunk to the left of Dry Sea. Can't make out what it says, but it ends with "Watch"

To the left of Dry Sea? Where?

Don't want to sound negative or anything, but I still fail to see how that game is really innovative or creative.
I'm still waiting for that little thing that would change everything, but after a year of news... It's not coming.

Hoping the next batch of news unveil unexpected stuff. One sleep, I guess.

The setting, the story, isn't creative? The enemies aren't creative? The landscapes, from what we've seen, aren't creative? There's also this.

What a strange comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom