• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New direct feed Final Fantasy XV, Type-0 HD screenshots

It was never in the same universe. FNC only shares the crystal mythology, not actual worlds.

A mythology, mind you, that can be interpreted and molded whichever way the three directors wanted the mythos to fit into their games stories (Toriyama, Tabata, Nomura).

TaiKH92

Banned
Type 0 looks nice I guess and XV looks great as always, I'd love to see an icy/snowy area, I bet it'd look amazing.

HeelPower

FF15 looks insanely good especially considering it's a while a way from release.

Since SE rarely bullshots their games, its unlikely to get downgraded.(only improve if that's possible!)

orochi91

Just making a guess. They'll want to capitalize on the packaged versions then get people to double dip. Or at least that's what Rockstar is doing amiright.

Never double dipping again.

I bought the NA version of both 13 and 13-2 before deciding to import the Asian version of both for the Japanese audio; could not stand the english dub :/

So much money wasted...

FF15 looks insanely good especially considering it's a while a way from release.

Since SE rarely bullshots their games, its unlikely to get downgraded.(only improve if that's possible!)

If it won't ever come to PC, then 1080p and some AA is all I really need/want for the PS4 version :3

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Never double dipping again.

I bought the NA version of both 13 and 13-2 before deciding to import the Asian version of both for the Japanese audio; could not stand the english dub :/

So much money wasted...

If it won't ever come to PC, then 1080p and some AA is all I really need/want :3

Well at least now SE seems to be embracing dual audio for its North American releases as well.

SPAW

That's a possibility I hope.

E3 will be a telling point.

I agree, but barring a definite release statement, what criteria should we apply to measure whether we expect FFXV in march 2016?

Major story trailer showing non-previously seen locations? Definite statements on major aspects of the gameplay system (magic,airships ++)? AA-issues solved?

jimmypython

Have they made an official statement on this?

It WAS supposed to be in the FFXIII universe originally, after all.

i would say the game will have it's representation of l'Cie and Fal'cie, probably not in a literal way, like Type-0. Type-0 has both of them but only mentions l'Cie. Yet it is not hard to figure out who or what are Fal'Cies in the game.

SPAW

What is there to elaborate lol, it just an opinion and for what it is Type-0 is more impressive to me, again wat?

You don't think subjective statements can be supported by arguments? Why is it that you find Type-zero more impressive? As most posters have stated the exact opposite in this very thread, it would be nice to hear why you would feel the way you do.

I never noticed the HUD actually is a glass-like effect. You can see the things distorting behind it. Just thought it was an overlay until now. That's damn stylish.

I doubt it.
FF XV to release at E3 2016. Confirmed.

Hashimoto comes on stage during Sony's E3 Conference 2016 and shows an epic FF XV trailer concluding with "Now available for download on PSN".

1635731_0.jpg

Philippo

Man i actually fear for a double presence at this and next year'ss E3s, that's the "Watch_Dogs Effect" that slowly turns down the hype.

Still, hoping for a Spring release but expecting a Fall one, that's the right mindset.

Man i actually fear for a double presence at this and next ueras E3's, that's the "Watch_Dogs Effect" that slowly turns down the hype.

Still, hoping for a Spring release but expecting a Fall one, that's the right mindset.

That's quite the typo! :p

Anyway, Watch Dogs ended up selling really well though, so I'm not sure the hype dropped that much. Maybe after it released buzz on the game tended to calm down when people were less impressed by it.

Dreez

The aliasing reminds me of the old Final Fantasies (lol) so I don't mind if they have to compromise... give me awesome cutscenes, good gameplay & exploration and I'm back in FF land!

farisr

The top screenshot is there to show that there has been improvement since the first batch of screenshots.

?

The aliasing is massively improved, care to point out the bad jaggies in that shot? Draw distance doesn't have much to do with image quality, and the AF is difficult to tell with the added DOF blur. There can definitely a bit more work done but it's a considerable step up from the old screen that had aliasing all over the specular highlights.

I think they should just make the field color green to blend in the grass because I doubt they'll be able to increase the draw distance of the grass that much.

There's a reason totobeni has that tag (hint: the second word)

Dunan

Duscae is the name of the region they are in the demo.

I know, but I was hoping it was an ordinary Latin word that would have meaning, like many of the locations in Type-0 do. My Google-fu is really weak today because trying to find forms of this word only reveals some Galician and Romanian words, and a kind of moth. Props to SE for making a new place name that sounds realistic, I suppose.

I know, but I was hoping it was an ordinary Latin word that would have meaning, like many of the locations in Type-0 do. My Google-fu is really weak today because trying to find forms of this word only reveals some Galician and Romanian words, and a kind of moth. Props to SE for making a new place name that sounds realistic, I suppose.

I guess.

But FF always used this fake latim in some places.

Although to be fair, I guess I like the naming conventions in Type-0 better, even if they are more cliche.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
003.jpg

This one is great... really nice panorama shot in the background.

Top Bottom