• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dishonored screenshots

guest1321

Cannot wait for this awesomeness. Screens looks consistent with everything else we've seen. Hopefully it looks decent on 360.

The game isn't a looker, but the art style definitely has its charm.

As long as it runs well on PC I'll be willing to excuse its lack of technical prowess as the game itself looks like it's going to be incredible.

haikira

Yeah. There's perhaps not enough variety in color for my liking, though that could just be the limited amount of shots I've seen. But i'm absolutely loving the art style of the game.

Gameplay seems right up my street so far too.

Definitely day one on the PC for me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This looks interesting...is it an FPS? If so, that's a dealbreaker for me.

It's in first person but you don't have to do any shooting if you don't want to. It's a sandbox assassination. You have supernatural powers and you can tackle any mission how you want, fighting or being stealthy. You can even go through without killing anyone.

Derrick01

Banned
What engine is this? I wonder how is it gonna run on my pc.

Don't know the engine but here are the specs

Minimum:
Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core or better
Memory: 4 GB system RAM
Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)
Sound: Windows compatible sound card

Recommended:
Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better (enhanced for multi-core processors)
Memory: 4 GB system RAM
Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)
Sound: Windows compatible sound card

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Cant wait for this game. Hoping it has higher res textures and some bells and whistles on PC.

I like it, but I still don't get it. So, is this a combat heavy game? What do I do? Shoot things? Hack and slash things? Punch things? Is there character interaction beyond combat? I've heard lots of hype, but I don't really get where they hype stems from. Let me in.

zkylon

zkylewd
I like it, but I still don't get it. So, is this a combat heavy game? What do I do? Shoot things? Hack and slash things? Punch things? Is there character interaction beyond combat? I've heard lots of hype, but I don't really get where they hype stems from. Let me in.
It's a game like Deus Ex, if you've played that before. You basically got a linear story that involves doing missions (assassinations) with very loose bounds on how you tackle each mission. You can sneak past guards without hurting a soul, shoot everyone you ran across or use conversation system to aid you as well (though I think this is pretty basic in Dishonored). You can of course combine these things and you have special powers that allow you to do each in a more personalized way.

patapuf

The Missons/Levels are each individual sandboxes in which you can takle your assassination as you see fit. You don't even have to kill the target yourself.

There's a big aray of powers like teleport, possession or time freeze that allows for all kinds of playstyles.

Think Deus ex.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Missons/Levels are each individual sandboxes in which you can takle your assassination as you see fit. You don't even have to kill the target yourself.

There's a big aray of powers like teleport, possession or time freeze that allows for all kinds of playstyles.

Think Deus ex.

You don't even have to kill anyone, period. I couldn't care less about the associated achievement; I'll be going this route for the challenge.

derFeef

You don't even have to kill anyone, period. I couldn't care less about the associated achievement; I'll be going this route for the challenge.

Trying to find out how to do this will be loads of fun. Exploring and such. I hope the ways to do it are different enough each time.

zoukka

I can't tell if you're serious. It's a ground texture. It doesn't need to be ultra-super high res, especially since you're not going to be staring at it.

At this point Dennis is an automated bot, created by himself to do these things endlessly until his atomic batteries run out or his soul returns one day.

Top Bottom