• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball game (PS4/PS3/360) announced in V-Jump!

LOCK

No Vita version's surprising, it seemed like Battle of Z did well enough on it to warrant doing one. Ah well, i'll still grab it on PS4. Looking forward to hearing about the gameplay.

Or a Wii U version.

Seriously picking the 360 over the Wii U is mind boggling for Japanese sales potential.

I'm ready to see a trailer. And please be Dimps.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Japan sales wise, this is a better news for PS4 than Omega Quintet. Ok, last console DB game didn't that well, and this is cross-platform, but it's a start.

The problem is that, since there's no title either, and Battle of Z released earlier this year, this is a 2015 title.

Japan sales wise, this is a better news for PS4 than Omega Quintet. Ok, last console DB game didn't that well, and this is cross-platform, but it's a start.

The problem is that, since there's no title either, and Battle of Z released earlier this year, this is a 2015 title.

I'm going to say March 2015, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it has been in development since they finished Ultimate Tenkaichi, so even with the fact that they had to make J-Stars it will have more than a year long dev cycle. Hell, maybe it was in development alongside Ultimate Tenkaichi, that would explain why that game was so light on content.

-MD-

This gonna be another fighting game? I wish they'd try a different genre, fighting games are like my least favorite genre next to sports.

Would be great if it's a full-fledged turn-based or action RPG this time around.

Could do, gimme dat.

Namikaze

No. Raging Blast 2 remains the best game of last generation.

Yep, agreed. Battle of Z combat was clunky, no offline VS mode, small roster etc. If you want a DBZ 3D arena fighter that looks great, plays decently, pretty varied roster, then Raging Blast 2 is still the best choice.

Also, can't wait to see this new game on PS4, hopefully it's decent.

Protome

Yep, agreed. Battle of Z combat was clunky, no offline VS mode, small roster etc. If you want a DBZ 3D arena fighter that looks great, plays decently, pretty varied roster, then Raging Blast 2 is still the best choice.

Also, can't wait to see this new game on PS4, hopefully it's decent.

I skipped Raging Blast, is it more Budokai or Tenkaichi?

I've been trying so so hard to justify buying a new DBZ game but each one lately have been extreeeemely off-putting so I can never do it. Really can't explain just how much I WANTED Battle of Z to be that game, especially with the movie and new Super Saiyan God.. but no, no local, no vita crossplay, what I've heard of the campaign doesn't sound good.... there was just absolutely no way I could enjoy the game, as I don't care about online with strangers. Seriously with the lack of local multi news I was even praying for crossplay and I would buy two copies just to play the game that way, that's how much I wanted it.

I hope to god this game does things right, although there has been absolutely nothing good for an entire generation to give me confidence and it hurtsssss.

Kura

Banned
Please no cell shading.

I could kinda... second that.

I dont know exactly why, but DB: Final Bout, for me, have the best graphic style I've seen on any DB game.

With Cel Shading, textures overslaps everywhere, excessive black border lines distract me from believing what I'm seeing, and lighting and shadows, if they exists, looks blands and fake as hell.

I'd prefer good 3D models with decent lights and shadows that plain textures with Cel Shading. Any day.

Teknoman

People liking OG Dragon Ball should play Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure for Game Boy Advance.

Excellent action platformer with great music...probably one of the best uses of the Dragon Ball franchise.

I skipped battle of z as it looked crap, however I'm worried with a new generation we will get a new burst limit like game, ie buu saga stripped out to use as a selling point in a future game

I wish Hunter X Hunter, JoJo and Berserk got milked as hard as Naruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball.
Although I wouldn't know what to do with them.

Naruto has the biggest fan base in the West. The games sell 1 million+ and they are nearly annual lol.

DBZ is also just as big, the recent game selling 600k.

OP was massive in JP (800k+ in JP) but then dropped severely to 400k and the fanbase in the West is nowhere near as big as the other two but still sizeable.

This is why Namco milks because people continue to buy. There used to Bleach games but well Bleach seems to have quietened down.

zeopower6

Naruto has the biggest fan base in the West. The games sell 1 million+ and their nearly annual lol.

DBZ is also just as big, the recent game selling 600k.

OP was massive in JP (800k+ in JP) but then dropped severely to 400k and the fanbase in the West is nowhere near as big as the other two but still sizeable.

This is why Namco milks because people continue to buy. There used to Bleach games but well Bleach seems to have quietened down.

Didn't Bleach end or something? :p (or is close to it) Or maybe general interest in the games just waned :/

Skeleton

Banned
Didn't Bleach end or something? :p (or is close to it) Or maybe general interest in the games just waned :/

Bleach is technically on hold, the manga is still going.

They are doing the final arch at the moment, Bleach really dropped off once Aizen was done for IMO

Anime ended (might come back after the manga arc is well into its way). I think its still quite popular in the West. Similar to OP but OP has JP sales to back itself up while Bleach doesn't.

Piccoro

Well, from the pictures I've seen, the in-game graphics look very good. I'm hyped!
And it looks like it has an original character? (Time traveling Capsule Corp guy?)

Aru

I expected a PC version too, since NUNS3 was apparently a success on Steam.
Maybe they will release it later. If not, I should buy it on PS4, depending on the quality of the game.

I haven't played a DBZ game since Burst Limit, and I really want to, especially if this has Tenkaichi-style gameplay.

Jaroof

image.php

I hope this one turns out good. Last few haven't been that great.
I loved the Budokai Tenkaichi series... from there, it went downhill.

Yoroshiku

Banned
What are the chances of CyberConnect2 ever getting to make a Dragon Ball game in the style of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle?
JJBA:ASB is the graphically best and the most stylish Manga/Anime game I've ever seen.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I wonder if the lack of a Vita version is due to a big power difference(but there's the PS360 version, a modified version of Battle of Z engine would be enough imo...) or to low sales of Battle of Z(at least in Japan it sold well IIRC).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wonder if the lack of a Vita version is due to a big power difference(but there's the PS360 version, a modified version of Battle of Z engine would be enough imo...) or to low sales of Battle of Z(at least in Japan it sold well IIRC).

You don't recall correctly.

zeromcd73

What?

[PSV] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z - 26,183

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You don't recall correctly.
What?

[PSV] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z - 26,183

Sorry i wasn't clear, i wanted to say that the Vita's version sales were not far from the PS3 ones

05./00. [PS3] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.01.23} (¥7.480) - 30.192 / NEW
06./00. [PSV] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.01.23} (¥6.480) - 22.901 / NEW

If this result influenced negatively somehow they should have ditched DBZ as a whole, not only the Vita version imo.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Sorry i wasn't clear, i wanted to say that the Vita's version sales were not far from the PS3 ones

05./00. [PS3] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.01.23} (¥7.480) - 30.192 / NEW
06./00. [PSV] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.01.23} (¥6.480) - 22.901 / NEW

If this result influenced negatively somehow they should have ditched DBZ as a whole, not only the Vita version imo.

It's Bamco, they'll never stop making DBZ games. Though if you think they should make less console DBZ games as well due to low sales I don't entirely disagree with you (the DBZ game fans might have a bone to pick with you though).

Top Bottom