• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub footage looks stunning

Winternet

Banned
jawdrop.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The delay did very good to this game!

Driveclub looks great! One thing I noticed in that video was the PS4 billboard in Killzone. Was that put there for this promo or does it actually appear in the campaign? Weird if it does.

noah111

Still Alive
I'm not one for racing games, but it is looking pretty great.
not going to lie, still hoping that VR shit turns out to be true

Driveclub looks great! One thing I noticed in that video was the PS4 billboard in Killzone. Was that put there for this promo or does it actually appear in the campaign? Weird if it does.
No, it's purely for the ad of course. (the PS4 promo stuff as well as the structures creating the 4).

BadWolf

Looks pretty damn excellent.

Glad that they didn't throw it under the bus at launch with GT6 right around the corner.

johnny956

It does not appear in game. I think they did the same with the one drive club as where you see the ads as well

Majine

Banned
My measurement for near-photorealistic driving sims nowadays is the audience. Are they still cardboard cutouts?

Whats up with cock pit looking crisp and then blurs into the turn and stays blurred out of the turn.
Because it was done for an ad - it focuses the eye on the '4' in the background. In normal gameplay it wouldn't do this (although it might do it at high speed, like Shift did).

wattm

Neo Member
The head movement and the DoF makes it look really dynamic but somehow I doubt that's what it will be like in the final game.

Yeah, I wonder if they will use the pseye for head tracking or this is just a fake-y teaser.

Yeah, I wonder if they will use the pseye for head tracking or this is just a fake-y teaser.
Nothing fake about it.
To emphasise the pairing we created bespoke versions of Channel 4's iconic on-air marketing idents using gameplay from exclusive PS4 games Killzone Shadow Fall and DriveClub. KentLyons and 4Creative worked with the game developers (Guerilla Games & Evolution) to generate the idents from within the game-engines themselves.

i-Lo

Oh my! This gives me hope for all games to follow. It's an absolute stunner and the camera feels very dynamic.

nib95

Banned
You've yet to see Project Cars. Wait till you see PS4 footy of that monster.

Anyway! DriveClub looks fun. To clarify; this is an arcade-racer, in the vein of say, SEGA Rally or NFS? Not a sim, like Forza/GT?

Project Cars is not even in the same league as DriveClub. Aside from obvious IQ benefits from higher res down sampling, DriveClub is considerably more technically proficient. In lighting, shadows, geometry, draw distance, foliage, dynamic global illumination and so on.

nasanu

Banned
This game takes me back to the days of MSR and Gotham. That blend of stunning graphics and physics on the SIM side of arcade.

At the first reveal I was not interested at all, but dam that driving looks nice. Get rid of all the childish club stuff and just let me drive endless hours with those glorious graphics...

Top Bottom