• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub footage looks stunning

Hoplatee

Noticed that too.

5aeuwa2.png

And the 4 in DC -

c8scOgQ.png

Pretty obvious but capped it anyway.

I'm sure they did this specifically for comparisons against Forza. Anyone who doesn't actively root for healthy competition in the industry needs to reevaluate things.

Where does DriveClub stand on the spectrum of sims / arcade racers? I understand that GT is more of a pure sim than Forza, but a lot of people find Forza to be more enjoyable. Is DriveClub aimed more at that audience?

Forza definitely played a role in delaying Drive Club. But after playing Forza 5 for a couple of hours this past weekend, i'm not as impressed by Forza 5 as i am with these Drive Club gifs. If Drive Club's graphics are this real then WOW ! and i just imagine what Gran Turismo on PS4 will look like...

Sid

Forza definitely played a role in delaying Drive Club. But after playing Forza 5 for a couple of hours this past weekend, i'm not as impressed by Forza 5 as i am with these Drive Club gifs. If Drive Club's graphics are this real then WOW ! and i just imagine what Gran Turismo on PS4 will look like...
Gran Turismo 7 would be lucky if it can look like this considering it'll be 1080p60.

SToRM

It not only looks great, but the sound is awesome too. Let's hope the in-game sound of the final version will be like that too.

Famassu

At least give us a demo track...something!!
Nah, demos take time away from actual development. They should focus fully on just pushing the hardware & creating content & making sure the handling of the cars is perfect. They can focus on a demo later.

i-Lo

I still hope that they make another Motorstorm game after this.

IIRC, some folks from Studio Liverpool were also moved there. It'd be amazing to see another Wipeout game and this time from Evolution Studios.

Gran Turismo 7 would be lucky if it can look like this considering it'll be 1080p60.

I have big confidence it'll look like this at least if not better and yes, in sweet 1080p and 60fps.

Don't underestimate the power of Polyphony. This time, they have hardware that is easy to program for... PS3 was a pain in the ass for Kazunori Yamauchi and his team.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Looks impressive. I suspect the image quality won't be that high because this was created as a TV ad basically, but even with that in mind it doesn't really change how impressive it looks.

But it looks good regardless. I just think the cockpit view won't look as dynamic as seen here.
It was pretty dynamic in Shift, so who knows.

I still hope that they make another Motorstorm game after this.

IIRC, some folks from Studio Liverpool were also moved there. It'd be amazing to see another Wipeout game and this time from Evolution Studios.

I'd love to see a WipEout Apocalypse. A WipEout with the dynamic tracks and some of the vehicle variety of Motorstorm and the unrivalled speed, sci fi setting, and weapons of WipEout.

Man, I don't know...My problem with racing games like Drive Club & Forza is they don't look like they have any "soul". Grid & Dirt had a look about them, very distinguishable. In contrast, Drive Club is a stunning game graphically, but looks plain and sterile.

railGUN

Banned
Unconfirmed as of now. Logitech recently said that they're sitll working on PS4 support. Right now the only high end wheel confirmed for this game is the T500RS (the high end PS3 GT wheel).

Whaaaa? Fuck I hope they get on it... I can't afford another wheel, but I can't play racing games with a controller, either.

Whaaaa? Fuck I hope they get on it... I can't afford another wheel, but I can't play racing games with a controller, either.

I think most racing fans are hoping that they get things worked out. The DFGT/G25/G27 are the most popular racing wheels on the PS3. And they're all Logitech wheels.

hawk2025

track based games dont have a lot to work with in the environments department lol

Proper trees and crowds would be a nice start, then.

Anyways, this is about Driveclub -- do we know yet just how the career will be structured? Does it mix in all the social features within the career as well?

lol, hyperbole gaf in full effect. it looks pretty good imo, I'm actually glad it was delayed so that it has more time in the oven.

That's not really a hyperbolic statement.

It's pretty clearly far ahead of any games made on previous consoles (including the PS3 GTs) as well as every PC racer except for arguably Project Cars.

It's not even going out on that big a limb to say that DC is the best looking racer ever.

Top Bottom