• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub shots in response to GT6 annoucement

orioto

Good Art™
driveclub4.jpg

This shot makes me dream like zero rpg could in the last 10 years..
This is my official "next gen am here" shot of this gen.

Stillmatic

Oh man, DriveClub better not have rubberband AI.

As good as this game looks and sounds to me, this would completely kill my interest. After owning 2 Motorstorms it's basically what turned me off the series, even though I love everything else about MS.

jett

D-Member
As good as this game looks and sounds to me, this would completely kill my interest. After owning 2 Motorstorms it's basically what turned me off that series.

I can only play 70% of Motorstorm. The rubberband just gets that awful. I hope the AI is nowhere near as obnoxious/cheating here.

GorillaJu

I think this game is coming out in the right place at the right time. May be being optimistic but could see DC being a legit system seller for Sony

rubber band AI which can go 20 mph faster then you in the same car I hate, it's blatant.

AI which will get a slight boost when hundreds of meters back is ok, long as they don't have super powers when close to you.

GT6 won't hold a candle to DC. The environments alone smoke anything that was ever put into a GT game. If this game has that wonderful MK like rubberband AI, count me out.

Stillmatic

I can only play 70% of Motorstorm. The rubberband just gets that awful. I hope the AI is nowhere near as obnoxious/cheating here.

Yeah that's probably around as far as I got in both MS and MS:pR. Fantastic games, but that rubberbanding...fuck that. I'm surprised they never addressed it.

The Illusive Man?

Mass Effect DLC confirmed

GT6 won't hold a candle to DC. The environments alone smoke anything that was ever put into a GT game.

I really hope people aren't expecting a current (soon to be last) gen game to compete graphics-wise with a PS4 game. If competing with Evolution visually was Polyphony's only goal, we wouldn't be getting GT6 on the PS3.

shandy706

Looks alright (overall). IQ is nice, if that's in game.

I expect Next-Gen Gran Turismo, Forza 5, and PGR to look better. The reflections are as expected. Not bad at all.

Maybe I'm crazy, but the textures on the mountains and hills look a bit rough even when taking motion blur into consideration. Game is obviously no where near done though.

Nice poly count on the cars too. I look forward to trying it out.

Comparing it to PC racers makes more sense.

Spongebob

Banned
Looks alright.

I expect Next-Gen Gran Turismo, Forza 5, and PGR to look better. The reflections are as expected. Not bad at all.

Maybe I'm crazy, but the textures on the mountains and hills look a bit rough even when taking motion blur into consideration. Game is obviously no where near done though.

Nice poly count on the cars though. I look forward to trying it out.
Why do you expect next-gen PGR to look better? Nextbox is heavily rumored to have a 33% weaker GPU...

Also, I'm expecting worse environmental detail from 60fps games (Forza and GT).

Emwitus

What are you even talking about?

The person was trying to show the increase in graphical fidelity from GT5 to Drive Club.

So you mean to tell me you didn't know ps4 would have better graphics than a ps3 game? Therefore i compared the graphical fidelity to gt5 photomode and called it a fairer comparison? Comprende?

Spongebob

Banned
So you mean to tell me you didn't know ps4 would have better graphics than a ps3 game? Therefore i compared the graphical fidelity to gt5 photomode and called it a fairer comparison? Comprende?
Everyone knows a PS4 racing game will look better, the poster was simply illustrating that visual gap, what's the problem with that?

Emwitus

What's wrong with comparing two screenshots that have hardware limited graphics?

It's entirely fair, the whole point is to point out the visual improvements made possible by new hardware.

Either way wasn't a fair comparison. Let's leave that circular argument there.

shandy706

Why do you expect next-gen PGR to look better? Nextbox is heavily rumored to have a 33% weaker GPU...

Also, I'm expecting worse environmental detail from 60fps games (Forza and GT).

We'll have to disagree then. I think next gen PD and T10 will both look better. That's based simply on these screens of an unfinished game though.

Things may change. I'm looking at the same shots as you, and I see no more environmental "detail" than in year+ old PC racers.

(I play a TON of racers across all platforms)

Spongebob

Banned
Either way wasn't a fair comparison. Let's leave that circular argument there.
Agreed.

We'll have to disagree then. I think next gen PD and T10 will both look better. That's based simply on these screens of an unfinished game though.

Things may change. I'm looking at the same shots as you, and I see no more environmental "detail" than in year+ old PC racers.

Who was talking about PC racers?

It's hardly a stretch to expect 60fps games to look worse than their 30fps counterparts.

Is this game 30 fps or 60? If 30 I'm not interested.

Can't really see much in the screenshots, they have some kind of filter over them.
All the contrast and color has been sucked out of them to the point where everything is just a mess and they are very very blurry backgrounds.

Spongebob

Banned
That has nothing to do with having a "rumored" 33% weaker GPU...
Weaker hardware has tons to do with a game looking better or worse.

Can't really see much in the screenshots, they have some kind of filter over them.
All the contrast and color has been sucked out of them to the point where everything is just a mess and they are very very blurry backgrounds.
It's an open road racer like Forza Horizon, so 30fps is highly likely.

The Jason

DC still needs a little more polish, but I have a feeling that in motion the environments will look really good.

Drive Club will be 30. If it was 60 you would have heard the developers bragging about it already. And like you... I'm not buying if it's 30 fps.

Top Bottom