• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub shots in response to GT6 annoucement

Spongebob

Banned
I think you should wait to the reveal and then come back to your post.
What I said isn't any worse than Shandy706 assuming that PGR5 would look better, just cause.

At least my statement is based on heavily rumored/leaked specs.

Devs should just release gifs of this quality and dispense with screenshots.
Can't help but agree.

Gifs capture a lot of the effects that screenshots can't properly depict.

Drive Club will be 30. If it was 60 you would have heard the developers bragging about it already. And like you... I'm not buying if it's 30 fps.

=\ Why would they do that, I don't get why anyone would bother making it like that, it just defeats the point, especially if you try to make it about the driving.

ibrWwxVIIJtsaW.gif

Man, that gif quoted looks fucking insane

Just buy Forza 5, that will run at 60 FPS for sure.

I would give forza a try if my xbox still worked... RROD 2 years ago.

Semi looking forward to gt6 (I love gt but I was bummed out by the crappy hackjob tyre physics, they shouldn't add tyre overheating if they can't do it right, it was just a detriment to the game) but dissapointed that it's on ps3 again.
Gt5 was rough visually (inconsistenties constantly take you out of the game in a way constistent but worse graphics don't) I was hoping for a more polished gt to be possible on ps4.

edit: I actually remember why I never gave forza a chance, 360 didn't support my logitech wheel (or any other FFB wheel) , what a bonehead move from MS.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, if somebody told me this was a current-gen game I'd believe them. You can only make a car so shiny.

Please tell me that you're referencing that GAFfer who said that MGS4 looked like a PS2 game.

Because this actually looks better than most car races, no way around that, some recent PC games are actually looking just as good.

jett

D-Member
Can't help but agree.

Yep. The way the sunlight moves through the scenery could never be reflected properly on a screenshot. The lighting in the gif is just breathtaking.

Reiko

Banned
What I said isn't any worse than Shandy706 assuming that PGR5 would look better, just cause.

At least my statement is based on heavily rumored/leaked specs.

Can't help but agree.

I'm not discrediting your post. Just wait a few more days. Specs could get better or worse.

Polyphony

The ugly jaggies ruins this gif

Which jaggies? Are you talking about the sunroof? I'm pretty certain that it's just the dot matrix on the window. Way too big to be jaggies, plus the rest of the image is clean.

Edit: Woops, didn't pay attention to what car it was. Ok that is strange.

sunnz

Not only do we see highly detailed cars but also highly detailed backgrounds, textures etc and that makes a MASSIVE difference and it clearly shows in these shows and most importantly in that GIF.

Those saying they wont be surprised if this was a ps3 game, how can you POSSIBLY be serious?

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
WOWWWW. The more I see DriveClub, the more excited I get. Seriously, screw Gran Turismo. I hardly ever have any fun with sim racers anyway :)

Most are blown away by the graphics like I am it seems - I REALLY hope that the image quality is as clean in the GIF/trailer/screens as on the PS4.

I don't see PGR or Forza doing much better than this. PGR team is super small in comparison to DriveClub, so I don't have high hopes. And Forza's graphics have never been anything special in my view.

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift was probably the best looking racer last gen. Some pretty insane visuals on the PS3 from that game, great lighting and mud/water effects. I expect Evolution will do great things this gen, and DriveClub is just a start.

I was reluctant to get too excited about this, but the landscapes, image quality, and cars look like CG to me almost. A massive step up from last gen.

Day 1 looking likely.

Endo Punk

This game just got bumped up to a must buy now alongside SS. Now just convince me Knack isn't as generic as it looks and I just might purchase a PS4 within the year, assuming it releases this year in the UK.

That has nothing to do with having a "rumored" 33% weaker GPU...

30fps

And...

ibrWwxVIIJtsaW.gif

You know how I know this gif is real? The track line-curve on the shoulder (in the 2nd scene) is not 100% smooth. :p

Which is a good thing actually. They're not using some bullshit renderer to remove the unpleasantries.
Maybe it's the compressed shots but that looks awful.
Some men can't be reasoned with.

You know how I know this gif is real? The track line-curve on the shoulder (in the 2nd scene) is not 100% smooth. :p

Which is a good thing actually. They're not using some bullshit renderer to remove the unpleasantries.

It's the opposite of smooth, It's not exaggerating to say that some PS2 games had roads which were more smoothly defined. But I'm expecting it to be smoothed out in the final game.

Wait, in response?? So this is some kind of internal battle going on inside Sony? That is pretty cray.

No, this is just people trying to force some competition between them when there isn't one. They aren't on the same system, they don't play similarly and aren't targeting toward the same market.

For those of you planning on skipping this game if it turns out to be 30fps, I have a question.

If a game is 30fps, does that just kill the hell out of your fun or something?

I played the NFS:MW on a crappy chair using a rickety $70 wheel at fry's once, for about five minutes. Frame rate was 30, game was jaggy. Still had a lot of fun.

Am I missing something? Especially since Drive Club isn't ever going to come to PC.

Sure, you could argue that PC has lots of Racing games, ones that are 60fps. But are any of those games Drive Club?

Top Bottom