• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DualShock 4 colors (transparent omg)

nib95

Banned
It's hilarious to me that the two colours that are most popular in this thread, are the two that are not coming to Europe. Smh.

Balb

I want some of these but I don't really have any viable local co-op/competitive games on PS4 to justify owning multiple controllers...

Matticers

I like the silver but that's my second favorite color so that's no big surprise. What bothers me about the PS4 controllers is the black bottom of the handles. It just ruins the colors for me if the colors don't match. I like the gold but it just looks kind of tacky with the black bottom. I feel like most of the controllers do if the color isn't uniform all around.

These should have the new battery in them as well, it's (sadly) amazing to be able to play 10 hours on a single charge :D

The 20th Anniversary model atleast has this new battery.

vin-buc

The gold/silver/steel black look AWESOME - honestly I think i would buy all of them. I use xbox one thumbsticks on all my controllers so the bad rubber doesn't get me. I'll tell you what annoys me the most....the serial number sticker on the back WARPS to hell. It drives me nuts. I need to think of a way to apply laminate over the sticker.

I'm really surprised how many likes the crystal is getting. You can buy the entire crystal shell with ALL the buttons for like $10-15 on Ali Express.

Philippo

Sorry to bump the thread, but is there any news (or simply chances) about these coming to the West?

Maybe an announcement at one of the upcoming conferences?

eldudebro

Received my order of the Gold, Silver and Steel Black editions from playasia today. Looking swish. I would have bought the crystal edition however they had already sold out their pre order, so I will pick that one up later.

Steel Black is definitely my favourite. Loving how it looks.

Received my order of the Gold, Silver and Steel Black editions from playasia today. Looking swish. I would have bought the crystal edition however they had already sold out their pre order, so I will pick that one up later.

Steel Black is definitely my favourite. Loving how it looks.

Can I ask a dumb question? Are the x and o buttons functionally reversed, or is that only if you have a Japanese Ps4? Want that steel black.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The gold/silver/steel black look AWESOME - honestly I think i would buy all of them. I use xbox one thumbsticks on all my controllers so the bad rubber doesn't get me. I'll tell you what annoys me the most....the serial number sticker on the back WARPS to hell. It drives me nuts. I need to think of a way to apply laminate over the sticker.

I'm really surprised how many likes the crystal is getting. You can buy the entire crystal shell with ALL the buttons for like $10-15 on Ali Express.

Yep.

That said you can get replacement buttons and touchpads even:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-...Play-Station-4-PS4-dualshock/32281499708.html

I really want that touchpad with the playstation symbols on it that came with the 20th anniverary controllers.

eldudebro

Can I ask a dumb question? Are the x and o buttons functionally reversed, or is that only if you have a Japanese Ps4? Want that steel black.

I haven't synced them up to my ps4 yet I shall report back when I do.

I'm pretty sure that would only be the case on the Japanese console itself though.

Tuck

Transparent electronics are ugly.

EDIT: Oh this thread is kind of old. Wonder if I already posted this message earlier in the thread lol

That depends only on the software/game. Nothing to do with the hardware itself, console or controller.

No, my buddy bought a white PS3 from Japan way back in the day and the X and O buttons were reversed functionally for all games.

I haven't synced them up to my ps4 yet I shall report back when I do.

I'm pretty sure that would only be the case on the Japanese console itself though.

Thanks!

Melter

And still none of them beat the 20th Anniversary colour!

this.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm still mad I missed out on the anniversary console. At least we can get the controllers now.

glaurung

I want one but only if they fix the stick issue
All DS4 controllers, starting from the white version have had better stick coverings.

Guaranteed for crappy sticks: BLACK, BLUE, RED.

I have the following controllers that have the better stick covers: WHITE, ANNIVERSARY, MGSV LTD, SILVER.

Top Bottom