• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dudebro II media, release moved to 2011

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Today we released a press pack with new media, and (unfortunately) the news of the game getting delayed to next year. Making it has been taking noticeably more time than expected, but we're working hard to make it happen, and make it good.

Press release:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

GRIMOIRE ASSEMBLY FORGE ANNOUNCES DELAY OF DUDEBRO™ II TO 2011

CLEVELAND (Oct. 8, 2010) — Grimoire Assembly Forge announces the delay of Dudebro™ — My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It’s Straight-Up Dawg Time until calendar 2011.

Contrary to rumors, it is not to add Move support, despite the team expressing interest in doing so. The production is simply taking more time than expected, but team members are working hard to deliver a game that will be more than worth the wait.

Meanwhile, a new package of media with art, screenshots and renders of the game should provide a quick fix of manliness, and help make the wait for a real overdose of brodiocity a bit more bearable. The press pack can be downloaded at www.grimoireassemblyforge.com.

To find out more about the game, visit the official Dudebro™ II website at http://www.dudebro2.com. It is updated each Monday with new tidbits about the game, its development, its music and art, and more.

Dudebro™ II follows the exploits of elite soldiers John Dudebro™ and his sidekick Habemus Chicken as they chase anyone who threatens the world’s brodiocity. Featuring the vocal talents of Jon St. John, the legendary voice actor of Duke Nukem*, Dudebro™ II both parodies and pays homage to the game industry as a whole.

The game is built on the Unity 3D engine and will be playable within any PC or Mac Internet browser compatible with the Unity3D Web Player plugin.

*Duke Nukem is a registered trademark of Gearbox Software, LLC.

Additional information and assets can be found at www.grimoireassemblyforge.com.

© 2010 Grimoire Assembly Forge. Dudebro is a trademark of Grimoire Assembly Forge.

Some pixelated goodness:
BzYpT.png

Pf6Rp.jpg

Yes, it's a 7-barreled shotgun with the seventh barrel inside the snake's mouth:
aych5.png

Raging Spaniard's glorious alternate Dudebro design:
QlI99.jpg

You can find the full press pack, with pictures in higher resolution, here: http://www.dudebro2.com/media/press/presspack001.zip

Cornbread78

Awesome stuff, but how come the lady on the left looks like she's got something biting her in the a$$, That or she really has to pee...

Pf6Rp.jpg

Xater

Sad to hear about the slip into 2011 but I have faith in you guys. All the poeple behind this take the game pretty serious and so far it is showing. <3

WillyFive

Oh darn it Jocchan, right after I wrote that it was coming this Winter. Too late to change it now, like 40 people now will wrongly think they will be playing this game this year.

Oh well, more time equals more awesome!

Luigiv

Cornbread78 said:
Awesome stuff, but how come the lady on the left looks like she's got something biting her in the a$$, That or she really has to pee...

http://imgur.com/Pf6Rp.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
She's just that giddy to be holding Dudebro's arm.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Thanks, you're too kind :)

For the pixel art, major props to Earthpainting, SovanJedi and TheOneGuy
and, in a very small part, myself :p

Arnie said:
will there be a beta
We already got QA involved with a first, early pass of testing, and we'll have more for each major milestone. More than a beta, though, we're planning to get a playable demo out as soon as possible (but it will take time, we haven't shown gameplay yet because it's far from being ready).

No_Style said:
Little touches like fingers on the woman on the right make me smile.
Innuendo, you say?
*whistles*

Arnie

Jocchan said:
Thanks, you're too kind :)

For the pixel art, major props to Earthpainting, SovanJedi and TheOneGuy
and, in a very small part, myself :p

We already got QA involved with a first, early pass of testing, and we'll have more for each major milestone. More than a beta, though, we're planning to get a playable demo out as soon as possible (but it will take time, we haven't shown gameplay yet because it's far from being ready).
Cool, I'll buy it whatever, but I think you should name your demo a "beta" just to mock the industry's recent trend.

Nice artwork Raging Spaniard, you've got talent.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Arnie said:
Cool, I'll buy it whatever, but I think you should name your demo a "beta" just to mock the industry's recent trend.
Haha, that's a good point.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Thanks Jocchan :) Sorry I never got around to making the newer piece, I've been way too much into the job hunt to give time to it, but hopefully soon.

Seems like the project is going well though.

Cornbread78

Luigiv said:
She's just that giddy to be holding Dudebro's arm.

Good marketing angle, she's smitten by even being in his presence and ready to go at it NOW!....

Will there be a jet-pack level?

Polk

Why are you trying to destroy DNF with release in 2011 :(
Now they will have to face consequences or delay DNF to 2012 to avoid competition.

Teknoman

Robot soldiers with mohawks = awesome. I miss that style of enemy design, great work guys. Also seven barrel shotgun :D

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Raging Spaniard said:
Thanks Jocchan :) Sorry I never got around to making the newer piece, I've been way too much into the job hunt to give time to it, but hopefully soon.

Seems like the project is going well though.
I hope to see it soon man, and good luck for your job hunt :)
Obviously, should you want to get more involved, you will always be more than welcome.

_Bro said:
No bro shows up to his own party on time.
*looks at username*
I guess I can trust you on that!

Wazzim said:
To 2011 because of Black Ops right?
Mostly because of Kinect, for the obvious overlap in target audience.

Cornbread78 said:
Will there be a jet-pack level?
Not exactly... but something similar is planned to pop up :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Jocchan said:
Obviously, should you want to get more involved, you will always be more than welcome.

Thanks man, with a little bit of luck something reeeal good is gonna happen soon. Flying for an interview next Thursday!

Seeing that Dudebro piece though, man I wanna fix some shit up, haha

Cornbread78

Jocchan said:

Not exactly... but something similar is planned to pop up :D

Planned DLC, nice touch.:lol

Top Bottom