• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dunkirk trailer

That's why they cast him in this.

You think they're going to be interested in this, when there's Spiderman, Planet of the Apes, Valerian, The Emoji Movie, and Atomic Blonde in theaters that same month?

The film should've released in November or December during Oscar season where it had a much better chance of appealing to the target audience for this film.

Dominator

You think they're going to be interested in this, when there's Spiderman, Planet of the Apes, Valerian, The Emoji Movie, and Atomic Blonde in theaters that same month?

The film should've released in November or December during Oscar season where it had a much better chance of appealing to the target audience for this film.
One Direction fans know no bounds. I haven't looked at the comments from the newest trailer but when the first teaser dropped I remember all of the comments "WHERE IS HARRY?!?!"

One Direction fans know no bounds. I haven't looked at the comments from the newest trailer but when the first teaser dropped I remember all of the comments "WHERE IS HARRY?!?!"

LOL Youtube comments aren't really a good gauge of a film's success with a certain demographic. They're typically the loud minority.

It's amazing the amount of work that Nolan is doing with this film.

This shot right here is incredible. I thought the smoke in the background was CGI until I looked at some behind-the-scenes and it turns out it's real smoke. The massive scope of this shot with no CGI is insanity.
7etunE8.png

This shot right here is incredible. I thought the smoke in the background was CGI until I looked at some behind-the-scenes and it turns out it's real smoke. The massive scope of this shot with no CGI is insanity.
7etunE8.png

The amount of work they did with local during the shoot.

I have friends other there, who said the sets, the number of people, it was crazy

Hystzen

Those 1D fans going go nuts when they figure out he got 2 lines then dies but they already paid for them seats. No doubt those 2 lines going be best acting in world to them but going be funny see them complain as they probably expect he have a major role.

overcast

I think this looks pretty fucking great.

Expecting serious tension, brilliant music and moody cinematography. Hoping it's on the shorter side.

I was super hyped for this because Nolan, but that trailer deflated me. Looks like it might be bad.
Making a war film is different than making a blockbuster. I'm scared this will end up being Nolan's Pearl Harbour.

7etunE8.png

Love this shot of the extras on the bridge.

dunkirk_cinematography_by_digi_matrix-db89yco.png

SteveWD40

I mean, finally a movie about English troops in WW2. About bleedin' freaking time. Thank you based future Bond director Nolan. Just know imma gonna shed a tear watching it since granps was actually a Dunkirk survivor

A big budget WW2 movie with British troops and it's about the greatest disaster of the war.

Still waiting for a Battle of Britain movie or even better, a movie about the Long Rage Desert Group / early SAS.

TeddyBoy

The lack of any French and the vocal overlay of Churchill's "We Shall Fight on the Beaches" speech tells me that this is going to unfiltered "Miracle of Dunkirk". It's sad really because there's a fine film that can be made about the real thing.

It looks like the usual dunkirk glorification you get in english/american media about WW2.

Yeah these two, I do hope the French have some mention as they were also evacuated and not just the BEF. I hope this is at least somewhat historically accurate.

The trailer looked ok, I'm not sure what kind of movie they're going for here. It'll do well in Britain especially with anti-european views so prominent in the media at present.

HeatBoost

I'm curious to see if Americans see a WW2 movie that doesn't seem to have any Americans in it

I'm betting on no

Looks good though, something about Nolan's dry and cool style is a good match for the setting

I'm curious to see if Americans see a WW2 movie that doesn't seem to have any Americans in it

I'm betting on no

Looks good though, something about Nolan's dry and cool style is a good match for the setting

This jam and tea scene alone might trigger a lot of Americans.

dunkirk_jam_and_tea_by_digi_matrix-db89ycw.png

I mean, finally a movie about English troops in WW2. About bleedin' freaking time. Thank you based future Bond director Nolan. Just know imma gonna shed a tear watching it since granps was actually a Dunkirk survivor

bless the fuck up for sure. the English side of the war has been woefully underrepresented in film for a while now. the fact that based Nolan himself is making a war movie about it is great.

Alienfan

While I'm disappointed that Nolan isn't making another science fiction film, hearing this is more of an action movie has me excited

Chris1

Might be because I'm not really a fan of watching movies or playing games based on historic wars but man this film is doing absolutely nothing for me

Coming from one of the biggest Nolan fanboys around I think this might be the first film of his I don't like. Can't actually believe I'm saying this. Enjoy your Oscar at least.

4Tran

7etunE8.png
It's neat that they went to that kind of effort. It hearkens back to the days of films like Bondarchuk's Waterloo. Dunkirk doesn't go to as crazy extents as that film but it's still nice to see.

Poeton

This is the first trailer for Dunkirk that didn't make me think this movie will be boring. I am shifting my opinion of this movie to cautiously optimistic.

Llyranor

7etunE8.png

A GAFer worked on the CG crowd of that scene.

Top Bottom