• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM/GFW Scores (Yeah, it's me again)

J-Rzez said:
Anything to do with Sucker Punch? What was it the 1up guys were saying then?

I haven't read the entire issue yet, but I only see a small preview about the game where they basically just compare it with Crackdown.

pn18

Banned
kbear said:
A $99 PS2 in Fall 2008 with a Wiimote + it's own version of Wii sports or some other game could be huge
No.

Wii is what the mainstream wants. Nobody gives a fuck about the PS2 today, even if it's 99 bucks bundled with a wiimote ripoff.

J-Rzez

GeoramA said:
Infamous is in their preview section for next month.

Oh ok, I think I got something mixed up that they were saying then. Guess we'll have to wait another 30 days :\

Dever said:
So by March issue they actually meant the one releasing in March... I am not amused. :|

Yeah, this got me too :p

Lebron

Koopakiller said:
I don't see anything regarding inFamous...
outside of the little description snippet in the Games section of their cover story article. Pretty sure it's info we've already known, so yeah. But it's in their preview section for next month's issue

Edit: Shamelessly beaten :p

Teknoman said:
Still wondering why they are nicknaming the rumored game ICO 2. Is there something I dont know about?

Well when Kaz was asked about the Team ICO game he back off the question and a Sony exec said that he was pretty sure they were working on "the sequel".

Next EGM will have GTA IV preview too.

EGM has the hottest ticket in town: We've been invited to visit Rockstar North for an inside look at gaming's biggest deal: Grand Theft Auto IV. Check back in 30...

Scarecrow

I AM JOHN! said:
Yeah, that one's been out for a while.

This one is "REVENGE OF THE PSTRIPLE: THE BOLD AND THE BALLLINNN'!!!!!!!!"
Well, damn. I guess my subscription ran out. They didn't even send me a notice.

SCReuter

Regarding Super Street Fighter II HD Remix, Capcom's forced Udon to outsource the animation "all over the world in order to finish," and are trying to hit a summer release.

That's according to the Rumor Mill, of course.

kswiston

pn18 said:
No.

Wii is what the mainstream wants. Nobody gives a fuck about the PS2 today, even if it's 99 bucks bundled with a wiimote ripoff.

I think it would persuade some people. Especially if Wiis continue to be impossible to find. Plus, it would mean that, in addition to crappy PS2 ports coming to the Wii, we'd have crappy Wii ports coming to the PS2 (with the odd good game going either way). I don't see how that would be a bad thing in the minds of 3rd party developers.

J-Rzez

theBishop said:
People called me crazy for suggesting a year ago.

If this would happen, as in the mote with the console and demo like wiisports, all packed in for $99, I would suggest it'd be a devestating blow to Nintendo. It'd be a cheaper Wii basically, and 3rd party devs would jizz in their pants over the potential of sales for their PS2/Wii ports.

Reilly

pn18 said:
No.

A redesigned PS2 with PSN capability and wiimote controls for $100 would be huge, I think.

kbear

pn18 said:
No.

Huh? PS2 hardware and software sales are still great. A pricedrop to $99 + remote + Sony sports would be absolutely huge. How does nobody give a fuck about the PS2 today? Check the charts, man. That was an ignorant thing to say.

Reilly said:
A redesigned PS2 with PSN capability and wiimote controls would be huge for $100 would be huge, I think.

I really doubt it will do that good.

Sony or Microsoft could release the exact same thing as the Wii or something even better, but it wont do well against the Wii and that is partly because the Wii is popular because of the buzz about it. It is kind of like the iPod vs other MP3 players, iPod isn't the best and there are other things that are very similar at a lower price point, but iPods still sell like crazy because of the branding and persona build up.

a PS2 with PSN would be cool tho.

PATA PATA PATA PON!

Come on people. Please buy this game (if you have a PSP obviously). It is only $20, it has gotten great reviews and the PSP needs more software support!

I am super excited about the Everyday Shooter on PSP as well (it would be ironic if it came out on PSP before it came to Europe :) ). That and flOw will be instant purchases for me.

Teknoman

SolidSnakex said:
Well when Kaz was asked about the Team ICO game he back off the question and a Sony exec said that he was pretty sure they were working on "the sequel".

Ooooooh. Guess it was something I missed then.

Xater

Reilly said:
A redesigned PS2 with PSN capability and wiimote controls for $100 would be huge, I think.

Hell I would buy that just so I can play some of the PS2 games I have missed lately. (Persona 3 for example)

Teknoman said:
Ooooooh. Guess it was something I missed then.

I wouldn't read much into it, unless Ueda wants to do a sequel it's not going to happen. It'll likely just be a game that seems to be in the same universe like SoTC.

Teknoman

SolidSnakex said:
I wouldn't read much into it, unless Ueda wants to do a sequel it's not going to happen. It'll likely just be a game that seems to be in the same universe like SoTC.

Well thats fine too. Actually even better since they wouldnt be too tied down creativity wise.

Reilly

Linkzg said:

Sony or Microsoft could release the exact same thing as the Wii or something even better, but it wont do well against the Wii and that is partly because the Wii is popular because of the buzz about it. It is kind of like the iPod vs other MP3 players, iPod isn't the best and there are other things that are very similar at a lower price point, but iPods still sell like crazy because of the branding and persona build up.

True, but I think a PS2 with waggle will cause more developers to develop for it because they can port it to Wii (or vice versa), so Nintendo will have an interesting dilemma with 3rd party developers. If anything, it might slow down sales of Wii which would benefit the PS3.

mileS

Teknopathetic said:
Haha, Ryan *really* did like Puzzle Quest a lot.

rydogfinal.gif

:lol

Well DMC4 is a confirmed purchase from me now. Just curious who gave the two 7.5's to wipeout.

soul

So, can anyone post the Dragon Quest Swords cons and pros? really want to see why it scored so low.

Kittonwy

Banned
theBishop said:
People called me crazy for suggesting a year ago.

It's still crazy, Sony would be undermining both the PS3 and the PSP by slowing down third-party development on those platforms even further by trying to revive the PS2 market, their biggest problem right now is they can't let the PS2 go, this only exacerbates the problem.
Indifferent2.gif

Jtrizzy

schuelma said:
Not again :(

I don't understand industry dynamics, but shouldn't Sony want people to start transitioning to the PS3? Seems like a wiimote PSN PS2 would just delay this further.

J-Rzez

Linkzg said:

I think the PS2 is still selling just fine, and, at 120m+ units out there, it has enough branding and persona as well. It'd be interesting to see what would happen to say the least, and it's not like it'd be hard for them to emulate. It'd also be interesting if they developed it in such a way that the tech would be transferable to the PS3. I don't really care for this "wiimote" stuff, but I seem to be in the minority, lot's of people would eat this up.

Top Bottom