• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far Cry 3 Footage

NinjaBoiX

Already looks miles better than the misfire known as Far Cry 2.
The game has some serious flaws, no doubt, but it's absolutely worth getting passed them. Stick it on easy, keep to the undergrowth as much as possible during fights, unlock the stealth camo ASAP and always keep an eye out for diamonds. That means checking the map every minute or so when on foot.

I love it, despite it's frequent design blunders. Can't wait for a sequel with the benefit of retrospect and perspective.

When I first saw this trailer before coming in this thread I honestly thought it was a new Call of Duty game until I saw the video title.

Would of preferred it if the budget for this went to the SP. I think people are going to opt to play CoD over this since this doesn't offer anything new in the multiplayer department (besides map editor).

Seanspeed

Banned
It does look like it plays similarly to Call of Duty and I dont think thats a bad thing. It looks much easier to kill people now, which was my biggest complaint with Far Cry 2's multiplayer. If they're still including the map editor and map sharing for multiplayer, then this could be quite awesome.

Beaulieu

It does look like it plays similarly to Call of Duty and I dont think thats a bad thing. It looks much easier to kill people now, which was my biggest complaint with Far Cry 2's multiplayer. If they're still including the map editor and map sharing for multiplayer, then this could be quite awesome.

map editor was confirmed to be in, a few posts back

jett

D-Member
The post-match stuff looked like an evolved version of what Uncharted 3 used to have, that looked neat. Everything else was just straight-up generic.

Kibbles

Good, that's all I ask for.

Now I want video of it!
KuGsj.gif

I went from the Borderlands 2 trailer...almost fell asleep.
Then immediately went to this and almost fell asleep again.
Would never have expected the fps genre to get this rooted in itself...this predictable...this unnecessary.

Overdoziz

Banned
Seems like CoD with more colours. The only thing it has going for itself is the map editor. The MP side will be dead within the month, just like with Far Cry 2.

Why did they mess up the awesome MP of Far Cry 2 and turn it into Call of Duty ;_;

Though I have to say, the thing at the end with the top player is pretty interesting and cool

Why do developers insist on copying the CoD formula? How many games have tried it, but failed in the long term (in terms of playerbase).

CoD is popular because it does what it does extremely well - so if I like it, I'll buy Call of Duty, but if I'm buying your game I'd much prefer a unique experience catered to that specific game :/

Watching the video, I'm sure it'll be fun - but just hope that there's enough there (other than the unlock/xp system) to keep me coming back should I pick it up. Shooting looks good though.

Every time I get to see some MP footage of a FPS, it's always underwhelming. Every FPS MP game feels the same...

That's the CoD effect.

Remember FPS games before Modern Warfare?

We had Quake 3, Kingpin, NOLF, SHOGO, Call of Juarez, WWII games including Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor, Star Trek, Star Wars etc.

Now every single FPS game and more and more TPS games are uber lazy CoDified fucking garbage.

Feature

Banned
This looks very bad.

- wtf is up with the sound going off every time you get some type of kill?
- Retarded carpet bombing?
- graphics looks terribad, especially the fire.

Only good thing is the 'kill cam' and that shit in the end could be fun for 1 time. then it's just annoying and a waste of time.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The UI is totally overloaded, the fuck is this shit.

From what i've seen i will never touch the MP. SP only it seems.

Top Bottom