• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FIFA 12 screens [Update 2: Covers]

I hope the "self injury" part doesn't trigger too often, that would get tedious fast. Might be funny/realistic if that happens to RVP a lot in my Arsenal management career.

And I wonder if I can have a "roll around in writhing in agony after being shot by a sniper" button when my virtual pro gets injured to try and get people carde... oh wait somebody already posted the Busquets picture.

rvy

Banned
kvn said:
Fixed.

busquetst.gif

This "impact" engine looks awesome. I like the collision animations.
It's a shame this isn't being done by Tiburon, if only for the laughs it would generate. Bad gameplay and stuff that happens once in a lifetime being put into the game. Kinda like that right there.

Brinbe

Wow, quite a lot of new changes there. I certainly hope they're implemented well, but, at the very least, I'm happy that EA are continually concentrated on improving that core gameplay, even if on the surface it looks like FIFA 12: Ragdoll Dives/Flops Edition.

Now keep that same intensity for Manager Mode and I'll be one happy gamer in a few months.

adelante

Brinbe said:
Who knows, but those all menus better be snappy as fuck this year. Don't let us down, EA!
LLShC.gif
Pretty much. For starters, remove the freakin deadzone for menu navigation with the left stick. Who's bright idea was it to register scrolling movement only when you push the stick all the way. A simple issue that's compounded by the fact that there's tons of lists in the game to navigate through.

holy shit, they are finally taking the homing missile auto-pressure defense and auto-tackling out of the game, this game is gonna play so much different...

sneaky77

TheVisualizer said:
holy shit, they are finally taking the homing missile auto-pressure defense and auto-tackling out of the game, this game is gonna play so much different...

let's hope so.. there is a lot of stuff they need to fix.. so *crosses fingers*

also.. i hope we can remove the big ass kaka from the menus.. shit

Messi

Arrrrrrrrrrgggghh busquets still has a generic face :(

I hope EA fixes him and Pedro, oh and if they are feeling generous afellay and Maxwell. Kills the immersion for me seeing generic faces.

Arnie

Messi said:
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghh busquets still has a generic face :(

I hope EA fixes him and Pedro, oh and if they are feeling generous afellay and Maxwell. Kills the immersion for me seeing generic faces.
With the new system of players appearing injured though he'll look more realistic than ever. It'll probably break the immersion when he doesn't get back up though.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Will the menu actually be less clunkier/slower this time? I like it's new look, I just wish it's faster as well.

adelante

Dr Eggman said:
Will the menu actually be less clunkier/slower this time? I like it's new look, I just wish it's faster as well.
There'll be a preview/hands-on session on June 1st for selected community members, hopefully we'll get to find out more then

adelante said:

O.O At that menu!!

And before they address more Barca faces, lets get some more stadiums in or some more players from other teams fixed. Actually, fuck that, focus on gameplay, I don't care about that shit.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
PES 12 will shit on this.

Now I know PES reputation has gone down in recent years but no denying PES 11 was a quality game, I can't go back to FIFA after that until they improve the passing.

PES you play football. FIFA you play FIFA.

Also FIFA is a corrupt organisation, people should stop giving them money.

EuropeOG said:

Now I know PES reputation has gone down in recent years but no denying PES 11 was a quality game, I can't go back to FIFA after that until they improve the passing.

oh_i_see_what_you_did_there.gif

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke post or not

xintin said:
This looks alot better than the camera has in recent years. Now if only they would design real stadium banners instead of "EA SPORTS" over and over and over.

I'm sure that's not final, even previous FIFAs had team banners and real ads.

EuropeOG said:

Well, you are crazy if you think FIFA isn't making money off PES as well. As well, one of the improvements of 12 is supposed to be passing.

Anyways, I hope PES is good. Competition is going to breed better games.

brentech

I actually like the menu. it's not blended into the background like Fifa11....and I've always preferred fairly simple menu styling. Hopes it clicks through fast.

Looks like an inverted XMB.

PaulLFC

The player personality system is improved, so players will change how the rest of the team plays:

NowGamer.com said:
Team Changers
In Career modes Pro Player Intelligence will make a huge difference. Your Virtual Pro player will change how your team plays as he develops. New signings will also make a huge difference. Teams will react differently and make different decisions based on their presence. “If you buy Xavi for Stoke then you’ll see how that almost permeates the entire midfield and how it has this impact on everyone around him, which is what happens in real life” – Santi Jaramillo, gameplay producer

More info on other features at the link, but I think we already know most of the other things the article talks about: http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1370/fifa-12-top-10-revolutionary-new-features

manutd

Neo Member
I think EA could do a lot more to improve the graphics and gameplay, its coming across as lazy now. I mean from fifa 2007 (x360) to 2009 Fifa was greatly improving on each year. Knowing what the development team is capable of 2010 and 2011 were dissapointing.

iNvid02

well that sucks, i guess its the least they could do for console versions. they do make them pay £39.99 every year which is basically a scam.

SumGamer

So PC will use FIFA11 engine then. I wonder why cant they get the PC team to join the console development and work together.

Anyone else feeling annoyed they'll charge full price for this? I remember a few years ago both David Rutter and Peter Moore acknowledged that gamers would eventually start to question incremental releases of sports games if there is no graphical improvement. Most if not all the improvements in FIFA 12 are to the engine and gameplay features, the same that was said of FIFA 11 and FIFA 10, and presumably, the same that will be said of FIFA 13. Why not, therefore, just charge gamers who already own a previous iteration a fee for that update because clearly this does not justify £40 when you already have FIFA 11.

What adds to the annoyance is that there will no doubt be issues in this game, as there have been in all the previous iterations. So we'll essentially be getting a slightly improved FIFA that will have problems, like all sports games. I am not even the slightest interested in 'updating' for full price. It's insulting.

If people can silently acknowledge this concern of mine, then will it finally become vocal next year if we see similar changes in FIFA 13? Will people finally say enough? Rutter and Moore both acknowledged it would become harder and harder to keep justifying full retail releases - well I hope they are proven right

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope more of the likenesses will be as good as the screenshots. The Tottenham players in 2011 looked like complete freaks, every single one. Honestly I find the likenesses in the Wii PES games to be much more recognisable.

Has there been any word on Move support?

The impact engine looks really good, but if EA are anything to go by it will be implemented too heavily in this one and not nearly enough in FIFA 13.

Also, where has David Luiz's hair gone?

EuropeOG said:

Pretty sure FIFA make money of PES too. They have to licence stuff as well you know.

iNvid02

vote with your wallet, its all you can do really.

fifa sales have been growing every year, and its gonna be successful like COD no matter what

i stopped buying the console versions and play on PC, im OK paying around £20 each year but for some reason they
decided to not include the new impact engine for PC so they wont be getting my £20, only my £15 when it comes down

edit: i also found this, maybe rutter is trolling and pc gets impact engine 2.0

23kt0si.jpg

adelante

Meus Renaissance said:
Rutter and Moore both acknowledged it would become harder and harder to keep justifying full retail releases - well I hope they are proven right
Because the fanbase keeps growing, it's also becoming harder and harder for them to NOT release a game each year.

Omiee

iNvidious01 said:
vote with your wallet, its all you can do really.

fifa sales have been growing every year, and its gonna be successful like COD no matter what

i stopped buying the console versions and play on PC, im OK paying around £20 each year but for some reason they
decided to not include the new impact engine for PC so they wont be getting my £20, only my £15 when it comes down

edit: i also found this, maybe rutter is trolling and pc gets impact engine 2.0

23kt0si.jpg

i really hope so, i dont want to get it on consoles.

Top Bottom