• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Gameplay Video And Livestream Nomura Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBilT83Uq4A

a8nkvx.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
New Gameplay Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBilT83Uq4A&hd=1

Details from Nomura on the livestream.

-They shifted the game to next-gen and made it a mainline title due to the scale/scope.
-The game is an action RPG, but there are command system elements in the game.
-Noctis is "not cool inside" and not a cool dude, but a quirky dude.
-Party members are a core part of Final Fantasy, so there is a party in this game.
-Noctis can teleport himself into the sky. Though he's not a gravity wizard, Noctis does not fall at a Newtonian rate for gameplay purposes.
-The current generation console versions were canceled about a year ago. They're still working to improve the graphics on the next-gen version.
-They are making games in DirectX 11 on PC and then porting them to the PS4 and Xbox One since they can handle that. They can consider any platform that support high end DirectX 11 level hardware functionality and horsepower. (Hey Square, that DX11 PC dev platform you mentioned earlier can run this! Just saying!)

Tain

Wonderful news. I've been wanting Square to ditch the JRPG thing and do a full-blown FF action game for some time now.

They said they'd considered calling it XV as early as two years into development of Versus, because the scope was just too big. It was around a year ago the game officially became known as XV. (And went into full development on next gen)

BTW, this gameplay is fuckin' phenomenal.

SE still got it.

Yawnier

Banned
Definitely looks great, looks very much so influenced by Kingdom Hearts combat, to be expected though given Nomura.

Onemic

Wait, they've gone full out action RPG?

Colour me disappointed. This will probably suck. Will there even be a world map like what versus XIII promised?

HeelPower

New Gameplay Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBilT83Uq4A&hd=1

Details from Nomura on the livestream.

-They shifted the game to next-gen and made it a mainline title due to the scale/scope.
-The game is an action RPG, but there are command system elements in the game.
-Noctis is "not cool inside" and not a cool dude, but a quirky dude.
-Party members are a core part of Final Fantasy, so there is a party in this game.
-Noctis can teleport himself into the sky. Though he's not a gravity wizard, Noctis does not fall at a Newtonian rate for gameplay purposes.
-The current generation console versions were canceled about a year ago. They're still working to improve the graphics on the next-gen version.
-They are making games in DirectX 11 on PC and then porting them to the PS4 and Xbox One since they can handle that. They can consider any platform that support high end DirectX 11 level hardware functionality and horsepower. (Hey Square, that DX11 PC dev platform you mentioned earlier can run this! Just saying!)

This is great info but I was a little pissed when she didn't ask whether the game will maintain a large world and I wanted to know a little bit about the RPG elements.

Good question on the party and Nomura seems to understand the importance of team work in FF.

Okay looks incredible, but is what they showed running on PC? Seven blooming years and it is in't up and running on consoles, am I getting this right?

I mean will the PS4 version look like that? Best looking game at E3 for me.

RPGCrazied

Are they heavily hinting at PC? PC can do DirectX 11. They kept on saying that, if hardware supports that, we will look into it.

Zoator

Looks incredible. I was a little worried after watching the first trailer when no damage numbers showed up during attacks. This new video has alleviated those fears.

Looks fantastic, although some of it does show the signs of old PS3 assets. The combat itself looks quite fluid, though I hope they don't shy away from the more RPG-based elements.

They said they'd considered calling it XV as early as two years into development of Versus, because the scope was just too big. It was around a year ago the game officially became known as XV. (And went into full development on next gen)

SE still got it.

Considering it's a lot of the old Kingdom Hearts team with Nomura, I'd say they never lost it. :)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Pleeeeease!

Man, as a fan of traditional turn based style, I didn't think I'd say this, but FFXIII-2 battle system looks better then this. This seems almost too actiony (terrible word, I know).

Heres to hoping the story and gameplay makes me forgot my love for the 'older' style.

orioto

Good Art™
I want to hug that behemoth.

Now that we can clearly see how it looks, this is clearly next gen assets and iq there, they didn't just upscaled the past assets.

Dat behemoth...
Noticed his muscle moves, like.. more muscle appears when he moves in the end, following his steps..

Looks fucking amazing!

I know people will probably get pissed at me for even saying this now but I don't doubt this will easily be my favorite main game in the series (pretty much because I enjoy Action-RPGs inherently more than turn based).

rockx4

It's amazing what years of releasing shit games for a franchise can do. I can't even get myself hyped for this game.

I don't know... This really looks like a fairly early proof of concept demonstration of the combat system, and I'm not sure it should be shown to anyone outside Square Enix, let alone released to the public.

HeelPower

SE still got it.

yes game of this E3 for sure..And look at those huge buildings they are pretty much all inter-actable thanks to the amazingly creative warp ability.

DaBuddaDa

I'm really torn on the action combat...I really enjoy turned based systems. I like how turn based relies on strategy and commands rather than twitch stick and button combos.

This looks amazing. This is a very unique and interesting combat system that seems pretty much unlike any other JRPG or any game in general, I am dying to get my hands on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom