• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Gameplay Video And Livestream Nomura Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Someone plz restart the hype machine for this game ok
Restart? Square already did that.

i4albNan2T4nK.gif

2San

I dunno, that part where Gladiolus used the Iron Giants own sword against him was pretty DMC.

Then again KH2 had tons of shit like that.

nvm.
Not seeing it. Floating, weapons have no impact, some menu based skills. It all screams Kingdom Hearts to me.

Famassu

Not seeing it. Floating, weapons have no impact, some menu based skills. It all screams Kingdom Hearts to me.
Weapons do have impact, you're blind. And even Dante floats in DMC when you're doing combos.

Though, this doesn't try to be DMC. A massive FF like this needs to be more easily approachable so a simpler action RPG is the way to go.

HeelPower

Weapons do have impact, you're blind. And even Dante floats in DMC when you're doing combos.

Though, this doesn't try to be DMC. A massive FF like this needs to be more easily approachable so a simpler action RPG is the way to go.

I would enjoy some solid difficulty and strategy in XV.Just not the endless stringing of combos of DMC.That's the main attraction to DMC and its boring imo.

2San

If the enemies aren't basic human types, the enemies just shrug off all attacks. Compare that to Ninja Gaiden where limbs are flying and even the bigger enemies react to attacks. Before you call people blind, at least have some basic understanding how action games work. Noctis even when not attacking goes to the ground very slowly. Similar to KH staying in the air is relatively easy. While In DMC you drop to the ground to at a relatively high speed, it's just that there are combo's that can give you air time.

Well yeah it's not trying to be DMC, it's an evolution of the Kingdom Hearts system.

Famassu

If the enemies aren't basic human types, the enemies just shrug off all attacks.
Of course an enemy bigger than a firetruck shrugs of most attacks, as if an attacker the size of a human could cause that much damage to them or lift them with with their strikes like in DMC. Bigger enemies don't react to every attack in DMC either, you usually have to earn the stun (either by succeeding in consecutively attacking them long enough or parrying an attack or something). They do react to some attacks, like when Noctis does the massive fire-spell on the Behemoth.

I mean, Versus/XV does try to include a bit of realism into the game, in certain ways, even if all the zero-shifting around isn't at all realistic, or the sword sizes. So you can do stuff like punch human sized enemies around or drop a flying enemy to the ground by blasting it with a shotgun, but good luck juggling Leviathan in the air...

Compare that to Ninja Gaiden where limbs are flying and even the bigger enemies react to attacks.
This isn't a game where limbs fly.

Before you call people blind, at least have some basic understanding how action games work.
I've played my Devil May Crys and Bayonettas (not that big of a fan of Ninja Gaiden, the Worst Camera Systems Ever (tm)(c) and horrible jumping ruin them completely for me). You're just acting as if the enemies don't react at all when they do (when appropriate given the mass of the enemy). This isn't trying to be DMC where you can juggle building-sized monsters in the air, but that doesn't mean the enemies don't react at all, you might just have to find the way how to MAKE them react (and attacking with a 2 feet blade is not the way).

Noctis even when not attacking goes to the ground very slowly.
It's not really 100% similar to KH. Noctis does stay put in the air for a short while after he finishes a combo, but it's not quite KH floaty.

HeelPower

Enemies in Dark Souls generally won't react to your attacks no matter what you do unless they have low poise or they are out of poise(which is hard to do). Poise system is great imo

Koozek

LOL. Sorry, I was grabbing old Verendus quotes about FXVI for the Sakaguchi x Tabata livestream thread :D
Now I finally understand why people necrobump old threads, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom