• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Gameplay Video And Livestream Nomura Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're confused, people are talking about a "Dragoon" boss, not "dragon", as in the FF job Dragoon. This lady from the older trailer:

tl5SMoO.jpg

When talking about the enemy you linked in this thread everyone referred to it as Leviathan.
Oh yeh, sorry for the mistake. I hadn't read the whole thread and just saw the comments referring to some boss as "Dragoon".

Kandinsky

Go watch the PS3 gameplay trailer and say that again.

I'm not saying this looks like a PS3 game, just that I find nothing impressive graphically for a next gen game, not a huge leap anyway. I feel salty still because I got a PS3 for Versus and TLG lol, oh well I'll get over it and bend over :p

i just dont agree with these kinds of sentiments i dont see how this can be possible on ps3 or 360 eithout some major framerate issues and severe graphical downgrades
I'd be fine with that!, but yeah the game is not coming to PS3, so no point in asking for it, apologies.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Is there something akin to the 'Sonic cycle' for final fantasy? If not then there should be. I have very little faith this will be any good. The gameplay video seemed scripted to hell and back. Can someone just make something along the lines of blue Dragon/lost odyssey @ 1080p and 60 frames per second

Is there something akin to the 'Sonic cycle' for final fantasy? If not then there should be. I have very little faith this will be any good. The gameplay video seemed scripted to hell and back. Can someone just make something along the lines of blue Dragon/lost odyssey @ 1080p and 60 frames per second

Why would there be one for FF? FFXIII is really the only one that sticks out as really disappointing fans. The two mainline offline games (FFX and XII) before that were both met with a lot of praise even though there was some controversy surrounding FFXII.

Zukuu

Banned
Guys, guys... how the hell could you not recognize the famous Final Fantasy summon/enemy in Final Fantasy XV? *facepalm*

The boss/enemy that we can see in this gif
ibgQYRx74y1Y6N.gif

Is no Dragon or "Boss", it is freaking Leviathan. I am seriously disappointed in most of the Final Fantasy fans here.

Who said that? It was pretty darn obvious.

Nothing really impressive about this graphically, give me a PS3 version please.

:|

It was one of the main games at the show that actually did feel "next gen" graphically to me. Like the amount of detail in the environments and the world itself was incredible. The characters could use some work, but this has only been in production for a year (on next gen engines, anyways).

ED Cantu

Ok first I just need to say that this game looks awesome, at first I didn't like the idea of Versus changing plataforms to next gen because I want to play it asap but after watching those trailers I changed my mind.

Anyway, just to be clear the city that looks like Tokyo is Noctis' kingdom or rather the capital of the kingdom, right? it's just that in the gameplay trailer they are showing the city in the day instead of in the night.
I say this because that's the city where supposedly they were throwing a party to celebrate a peace treaty or something (that's the party where Noctis and Stella meet) but they get betrayed and the city is attacked and at the end of the trailer, Noctis asks Ignis to think a way to return the damage 10 times but he says he'll think a way to do it a 100 times.

And apparently the Venice looking city is a neighbor country? maybe it's even Nifelheim and Noctis and his friends are attacking to get revenge for what they did to their city
and possibly because they killed Noctis' father.

I'm not saying this looks like a PS3 game, just that I find nothing impressive graphically for a next gen game, not a huge leap anyway. I feel salty still because I got a PS3 for Versus and TLG lol, oh well I'll get over it and bend over :p
Next gen games at the beginning of a console cycle always border between "This doesn't look next gen" and "Yeah, I can see the difference, but it doesn't wow me!". As great as XV will look, it obviously will not hold much water against the games later in this gen. That's just how it goes.

Who said that? It was pretty darn obvious.
Nobody. It was a mistake.

I think i needed some sleep because i might have just imagined it =/

Nomura did say that as the development progresses, the game will look much prettier than current state. I am pretty impressed by current visuals and it already looks like next generation to me(That emerging from water was total CGI like look)

I don't think this footage was running on a PS4. It might be running on a PC since it is being developed on a PC and then ported to PS4/Xbox One(Implied by Hashimoto's comments)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

That gif of the Leviathan a few posts above? The camera control/direction makes it seem like it was extremely scripted. It has that dynamic cinematography. Having said that, it could indeed be real-time footage but they just had a computer or someone manually control the camera and edit it so it looks like that. Regardless, that was not a direct capture of someone playing. A normal person or a game doesn't allow for that kind of camera moving technique to mimic movies unless it's scripted.

Toxi

Banned
That gameplay looks very chaotic. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing; it reminds me a lot of Bayonetta in how much visual noise is on the screen at once.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I just don't remember anymore with the drips of the news we got through the past 7 years. Does this FF have summons?

Emitan

That gif of the Leviathan a few posts above? The camera control/direction makes it seem like it was extremely scripted. It has that dynamic cinematography. Having said that, it could indeed be real-time footage but they just had a computer or someone manually control the camera and edit it so it looks like that. Regardless, that was not a direct capture of someone playing. A normal person or a game doesn't allow for that kind of camera moving technique to mimic movies unless it's scripted.

It's almost as if it was part of a trailer or something.

kayos90

It's almost as if it was part of a trailer or something.

Trailer or not, the camera direction wasn't done by what appeared to be a person. Just because it's a trailer doesn't mean it's exempt from the camera looking like it was controlled by a person. Look at other video game trailers that featured gameplay with a HUD.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if many of those scenes are just sequences with a HUD tacked on. Sort of like that one time where the English FFXIII trailers were the exact same as the JP ones but with an English HUD tacked on. lulz.

Emitan

Trailer or not, the camera direction wasn't done by what appeared to be a person. Just because it's a trailer doesn't mean it's exempt from the camera looking like it was controlled by a person. Look at other video game trailers that featured gameplay with a HUD.

Sonic Lost World's trailer features gameplay footage with the camera moving in a strange way or at a strange angle. It doesn't mean that section was CG. It means it's a trailer.

kayos90

Sonic Lost World's trailer features gameplay footage with the camera moving in a strange way or at a strange angle. It doesn't mean that section was CG. It means it's a trailer.

If you think it was real-time, cool. I'm convinced it's not. We'll stick with our different stances. Besides, I already clarified in my first response that just because it has an artificial camera it doesn't necessarily mean it's not real-time gameplay.

"Having said that, it could indeed be real-time footage but they just had a computer or someone manually control the camera and edit it so it looks like that. Regardless, that was not a direct capture of someone playing. A normal person or a game doesn't allow for that kind of camera moving technique to mimic movies unless it's scripted."

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I just don't remember anymore with the drips of the news we got through the past 7 years. Does this FF have summons?

ibgQYRx74y1Y6N.gif

^ There's one.

I think perhaps summons will appear as enemies on a grand God of War scale and then when you actually acquire them (after beating them) they're manifested as perhaps like a magic spell or something in battle. See this water that appears to shoot around the environment? I think this might be Leviathan in spell form. So in the world they appear as huge beasts and then in battle as elements. This is pure conjecture of course.

~Kinggi~

Banned
ibgQYRx74y1Y6N.gif

^ There's one.

I think perhaps summons will appear as enemies on a grand God of War scale and then when you actually acquire them (after beating them) they're manifested as perhaps like a magic spell or something in battle. See this water that appears to shoot around the environment? I think this might be Leviathan in spell form. So in the world they appear as huge beasts and then in battle as elements. This is pure conjecture of course.

That would make sense and also be neat.

ibgQYRx74y1Y6N.gif

^ There's one.

Yeah that'd be pretty damn cool. And yeah that dragon looks A LOT like Leviathan, I just wasn't sure...

Still slightly worried, it all seems a bit too good to be true. It sure is a looker and the combat seems to be more Kingdom hearts than FF which isn't exactly bad. Real time fighting has always been forcing its way into FF and this is the first to really go after it so let's see what happens.

The initial E3 trailer was shit and I really disliked the taking cover and zooming from platform to platform but this looks better. Just make it less linear and it could be great

Shinta

Banned
Leviathan and the water definitely looks real time to me.

People have dissected the UI and the trailer. Pretty sure that's how the game looks guys. It's Luminous tech, running on a PC.

I don't see what is unnatural about the camera movement in the water gif. Noctis comes out of the water and the camera pans from right to left while shaking a bit, something that is most likely a visual effect to simulate the waves.

KiraXD

Leviathan and the water definitely looks real time to me.

People have dissected the UI and the trailer. Pretty sure that's how the game looks guys. It's Luminous tech, running on a PC.

exactly! as awesome as this is... the water when Noct comes up definitely looks real-time... else why wouldnt they have added more polys to the water deformation...

ibgQYRx74y1Y6N.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom