• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Gameplay Video And Livestream Nomura Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stark

Banned
That was more of like hitching a free ride on an airship, not sure if you can actually control one since Nomura hasn't confirmed it in a while or really talked about any kinds of specifics about them. I mean, it's obvious the tech should be able to handle it with Noctis already shown on an airship high in the sky. I do hope so but with so many questions about the actual nature of how the transition between cities, fields & places goes, we can't be sure how all of this will work. I mean, previously it seemed the game was made out of some number of super-large areas + a few big cities, so the world wasn't completely without loading screens. So how would airships actually work, when we don't have a world map like FFs of yore?

Yeah, all they have said so far is they're keeping the world/concept/story the same but expanding on the design elements. I hope he's interviewed on it soon or talks about it again. Everything is to-scale now, right? Maybe everything is seamless now that they've transitioned from current-gen. Since I recall them saying transition to larger areas required a load time. It's quite fascinating you can hitch-hike a ride onto an airship just like that though lol.

duckroll

Hope somebody can type out the character descriptions. All I can reliably read is that Prompto is a school friend.

Noctis - Prince of the Lucis Kingdom, possessing eyes which can sense the death of others. His close friends call him Noct.

Gladiolus - The eldest son of a household tasked with protecting the royal family from generation to generation. A close friend of Noctis who is closer to him than a true brother.

Ignis - A childhood friend of Noctis who grew up recieving gifted education befitting a staff officer. He understands Noctis well and is his confidant.

Prompto - A friend who has been a bad influence to Noctis since his school days. While he can get carried away easily, there's another side of him which is driven to help friends in need.

Cor - Head of Royal Family Guards, and one of the three strongest fighters in Lucis. While he is harsh to Noctis and the others, he is a true man of honor who takes his vows to king and country very seriously.

Yu Narukami

My new avatar.

image.php

Lunar15

It's early.

I feel like everyone always describes everything as janky on this board.

:p

I was being nice by saying it was janky. That camera just looks broken. Made it hard to tell what was going on at any point. What was he doing, warping to individual soliders on the wall? It was unclear.

So far this looks like a mediocre action game, but I also completely understand that it's early. I liked the party stuff at the end, though.

sappyday

Noctis - Prince of the Lucis Kingdom, possessing eyes which can sense the death of others. His close friends call him Noct.

Gladiolus - The eldest son of a household tasked with protecting the royal family from generation to generation. A close friend of Noctis who is closer to him than a true brother.

Ignis - A childhood friend of Noctis who grew up recieving gifted education befitting a staff officer. He understands Noctis well and is his confidant.

Prompto - A friend who has been a bad influence to Noctis since his school days. While he can get carried away easily, there's another side of him which is driven to help friends in need.

Cor - Head of Royal Family Guards, and one of the three strongest fighters in Lucis. While he is harsh to Noctis and the others, he is a true man of honor who takes his vows to king and country very seriously.
Hmm it seems as the only person that was changes was Prompti. Before he was a character that Noctis meet early on in the game.

I think we can be fairly certain that Stella is going to join the party, guys.

Also, do we know anything about that dragoon character who was shown in that old PS3 trailer?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It seems like Cor is the oldest of the bunch compared to all the other characters. If he really is a party member and he's super strong then I wonder if he'll join later on rather than from the getgo.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
huh? I remember ATB going all the way back to FFIII. enemy on one side of the screen. party on the other. you took turns hacking the air and doing damage and otherwise never moved

just because there was an active timer between rounds didn't make the battle any less turn based. it just added urgency to your strategy.

Nah they're completely different.
The newer one is surrounded by waterfalls and European architecture - the night time show is clearly modern day Tokyo inspired.

I think the gameplay trailer had parts from both cities. The daytime ones are the Venetian one and the darker/night fights are in Noctis' city.

Famassu

Also, do we know anything about that dragoon character who was shown in that old PS3 trailer?
A boss fight, possibly one of the firsts in the game, which will happen as somewhat of a climax during the attack on Lucis.

Wait, which city is which?

I read earlier that Noctis' land gets invaded and he gets forced out so I'm assuming the E3 trailer with the waterfall city is Lucis.

^^ And this one would be Tenebrae then?

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Lucis

Bah, who's writing this stuff. :p
No, Tokyo city is Noctis' hometown, Venice is something else (possibly another neighboring country's capital being attacked by Nelfheim... Nilfheim... where ever the evil dudes are from).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder who's going to be the healer.

A few months back ALOT of people were saying square has lost the plot completly and will never get it back. lol it's soo funny how tables turn round on here.

Still this looks amazing ! I am so curious about how teleporting will work.

MCD

Where have I seen this mango before

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder if that's a Roberto Ferrari design. Definitely looks different from the normal Nomura faces.

Who did he design in The Last Remnant?

I see the fanfiction train is moving along now.

FFXV will probably be the biggest SE game to have fanfiction because of the supposed majority male cast. Will probably be even bigger than the Sora Riku fanfiction.

They're Asian.

Most of these characters do not look so, as is also the case in most FF titles. Anyway, a lot of them look quite appealing. They seem a bit more grounded in design now, but I wasn't paying much attention to this as a long-gestating once PS3 exclusive. But whichever way I go PS4 or XB1 this is of interest now.

Speaking as a fashionista(lite) it's cool they have designer clothes I think but yo not all deisgner duds are black. Everyone seems to be rocking a black outfit. Not sure if that was a design choice, team choice, or something.

Seems like the motif is good guys wear black, while the baddies wear white from the trailer.

You know, I never really got into last remnant much more than the hour or so i played at friends place, but this game doesn't kinda remind me of that. rpg but with some modern action game elements like evasion and cover and what not.

with all the hot boys in town, what are the odds of damaged outfits? ;)

Guys, guys... how the hell could you not recognize the famous Final Fantasy summon/enemy in Final Fantasy XV? *facepalm*

The boss/enemy that we can see in this gif
ibgQYRx74y1Y6N.gif

Is no Dragon or "Boss", it is freaking Leviathan. I am seriously disappointed in most of the Final Fantasy fans here.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Guys, guys... how the hell could you not recognize the famous Final Fantasy summon/enemy in Final Fantasy XV? *facepalm*

The boss/enemy that we can see in this gif
http://i.minus.com/ibgQYRx74y1Y6N.gif

Is no Dragon or "Boss", it is freaking Leviathan. I am seriously disappointed in most of the Final Fantasy fans here.
I think you're confused, people are talking about a "Dragoon" boss, not "dragon", as in the FF job Dragoon. This lady from the older trailer:

tl5SMoO.jpg

When talking about the enemy you linked in this thread everyone referred to it as Leviathan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom