• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fire Emblem game for GBA announced

neo2046

ad899cc3b912.jpg

MASB

And my night has suddenly changed more for the better. Unless of course, this game doesn't make to North America, then death to NOA! ;)

Bebpo

Banned
jarrod said:
What's the subtitle? I bet Americans get this along with Trail of Fire in fall 2005...

It's "the shining/light stone(s) of good/holy and evil"

The caption says it's a tale of the evil/demon stone and the holy/priestly stone.

explodet

:D

Looks like they've added an interactive world map, see the map with the cursor in the top right screenshot?

Same sprite for the fighter, and the status screens looks the same.

If this doesn't reach North America, the firebombings will resume.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sweet. seems like the gba has some life in it yet; i would've expected the next fire emblem to be on ds. hope it makes it over. along with the first gba game at some point.

any valis fans? that girl's a dead ringer for yuko.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Wow gotta love their method of designing new characters, Take old characters and change the colour of their hair..genious!

Still, More FE = Good thing in my book.

Volt

*gets on his knees*

Erm hi, ... God ? We don't talk much, but please please please make NOA wisen up and release all the GBA Fire Emblem games in English ? I promise to be good and stuff, just you know.. hurry !

*continues pagan life*

Hero

Yeah, I really love that character art. I still need to beat the GBA one. Stupid characters dying.

How awesome would NoA be if they made a Fire Emblem Collection Disc? The possibility is near 0%, but if it happened, that would be cool. Where the hell is the first GBA FE? Come on NoA.

john tv

Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken is owning me like no other GBA game has ever owned me. I simply cannot put it down. When I'm not playing it, I'm figuring out a plan in my head about how to get through the latest chapter w/o losing anyone. Super addictive!!! I can't wait for the next one... bring it on!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
john tv said:
Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken is owning me like no other GBA game has ever owned me. I simply cannot put it down. When I'm not playing it, I'm figuring out a plan in my head about how to get through the latest chapter w/o losing anyone. Super addictive!!! I can't wait for the next one... bring it on!
Welcome to the family ^_^

Oh yeah, and new fire emblem ==
jam.gif

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
jarrod said:
On Famicom & SuFami, unquestionably. On GBA, unquestionably not.
Hmmm, you know I wouldn't even compare them directly like that. Sure they're both strategy games, but they play completely differently from each other. For me saying FE > AW or vice versa is like comparing F-Zero GX to a realistic driving sim. Each series has its own strengths and weaknesses in their style and execution of gameplay, which is why they are able to exist together.

Mashing

MASB said:
And my night has suddenly changed more for the better. Unless of course, this game doesn't make to North America, then death to NOA! ;)

No worries... Fire Emblem sold more than Advance Wars 2 I believe

john tv

Tritroid said:
The girl with the bluish green hair looks a lot like Lyndis. She's probably an ancestor or descendant.
I kinda doubt it, because they're not from the same kingdom. The two pictured here are twins -- a Prince and Princess from Luness (actual spelling may vary).

I can't see the picture but I'm excited anyway. Hopefully NOA gets off their pitiful (collective) ass and translates FE6.

I have to agree with Jarrod, though. I'd rather have Advance Wars 3. We have a FE game coming out next year on Gamecube and we still have FE6 coming (hopefully). Then there's this. All we have for the Wars series, and I'm sorry but it is strategically more interesting than Fire Emblem (especially AW2), is an action game made by Kuju. :/

hirokazu

where's the pic gone =/

EDIT: nvm, it's showing up now. good stuff.

EDIT2: the subtitle is "Seima no Useki"、dunno what it means though, i know what each individual kanji is, not sure if putting it all together will be very accurate.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Oh my g-d. This has to come here. Please.

I didn't see anyone resembling Marth here, and, for the record, Marth and Roy didn't live in the same time frame. Not even close.

Mejilan

Ironically, the copy of Shining Force I Remake for the GBA I ordered online just arrived today. Time to play!

Sweet! More Fire Emblem the better....

and I agree. NoA needs to put out a Fire Emblem Collection disc for Pre-ordering the GCN Fire Emblem. That would be sweet (even though I would rather have the old FE's on the GBA than GCN).

Tritroid

john tv said:
I kinda doubt it, because they're not from the same kingdom. The two pictured here are twins -- a Prince and Princess from Luness (actual spelling may vary).
Oh I see. What about the time frame? Anybody know yet when this one takes place in the timeline?

Mejilan

Some are, some aren't.

I do know that FE 6 and 7 are directly linked. I think FE 4 and 5 are linked to each other as well, as are FE 1 and 3. Don't quote me, however.

Quadrophenic said:
I thought that most Fire Emblem games are unconncected story-wise?

Actually most of them are linked in sets of two. I wouldn't be surprised if the other half of this story is the GameCube Fire Emblem.

AniHawk

I want to see FE Collection (II-V [III includes a remake of I, I believe]) on the GC, DS, GBA, or Revolution. I also hope FE VI comes over as well as VIII and IX.

AniHawk

StrikerObi said:
Actually most of them are linked in sets of two. I wouldn't be surprised if the other half of this story is the GameCube Fire Emblem.

Yeah, but isn't VI is the sequel to VII, and VIII is the sequel to VI?

Vargas

It would be great if Nintendo released this, the GC Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem 6 throughout the coming year.

Pellham

Banned
Wow looks sweet! With the map mode, it appears that you can actually move around on the map screen now, meaning this game may be bringing back some elements that were only found in Fire Emblem Gaiden.

This game doesn't appear to be set in the Gamecube Fire Emblem game's universe, but I wouldn't know.

Mejilan

Assuming that the GCN one comes out first (by no means a given) that would make FE GCN number 8, and this newest GBA game FE 9.

Top Bottom