• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New gameplay screenshots of The Order 1886

I get the feeling that Sony told Ready at Dawn to just make a gears of war clone

Kind of like how PS3's launch title was a sci-fi WW2 FPS that wanted to emulate the success of Halo and Call of Duty 2.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Well yeah its not a video its screenshots.

I like the game's aesthetic a lot, but I can't deny that these shots are not very inspired. Other than the atmospheric haze and camera filters, these interiors aren't any more interesting or advanced than those we've seen in current gen games.

This is okay with me, because I don't play games strictly for their set-dressing, but I completely understand why someone would not be impressed by these shots.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Salex_

I wish they switched it to 1920x1080 or made it an option so people can stop talking about it all the time. It's so annoying seeing every The Order thread turn into this resolution battle.

nin1000

Banned
game_informer_screenshots_002.jpg
franco-so-good.gif

Loudninja

I like the game's aesthetic a lot, but I can't deny that these shots are not very inspired. Other than the atmospheric haze and camera filters, these interiors aren't any more interesting or advanced than those we've seen in current gen games.

This is okay with me, because I don't play games strictly for their set-dressing, but I completely understand why someone would not be impressed by these shots.
Yeah I understand that.

But looks boring is a weird word choice.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The game isn't even 1080p though, right?

It's rendered in a resolution that will map 1:1 with the pixels in a 1080p display. It's just missing parts of the image where the bars are. It is not being upscaled to fit a 1080p resolution, which is what's important for image quality.

Vizzeh

Banned
Its design choice...the game isn't due for a long time, they could run 1080p easily with the time they have...they said day1 the aspect.

Feindflug

Looks amazing IMO, that soft look in the IQ gives it a CG like look.

Can't wait to see some gameplay footage, hopefully at the VGA's.

SSReborn

Wow alot of quality is lost when the screens are stretched out like that. They look much better when you look at them in their smaller form on the actual site and they should've just uploaded all of the ones they had in the magazine.

Ricky_R

It's rendered in a resolution that will map 1:1 with the pixels in a 1080p display. It's just missing parts of the image where the bars are. It is not being upscaled to fit a 1080p resolution, which is what's important for image quality.

I wonder how many times this has been explained since it was announced.

StuBurns

Banned
The game looks great, but what's up with the texture filtering on those bricks? Almost looks like there's no AF, or something.
There are a couple more shoots I'm guessing we'll get soon, one of them shows an encounter in a street... Prepare yourself.

I get the feeling that Sony told Ready at Dawn to just make a gears of war clone

Kind of like how PS3's launch title was a sci-fi WW2 FPS that wanted to emulate the success of Halo and Call of Duty 2.

RaD pitched the game to them, not the other way around. Plus from what they've said it doesn't really sound very much like some hardcore TPS. There are shooting sections but i'm pretty sure there are also supposed to be slower more exploration friendly sections where you're investigating.

Terrible image compression but you can at least tell the game will look fantastic on screen.

I for one love the aspect ratio.

Skip putting it into my veins and just shove it up the ole cornhole for me, can't wait.

I get where they're coming from but these are really awful choices for the first in-gameplay screenshots we're getting for this game. Most of the screens are just characters standing around in dusty empty rooms, and there's one with a guy kneeling under cover and we can barely see what he is hiding from.

Screenshots for this game are a huge occasion and they kinda blew it, reminds me of when we got Killzone screenshots and one of them was just a fucking box on top of another box. Just bad choices all around.

Maybe you could fill me in because I've seen funnier things on a modern episode of The Simpsons.
/sigh.

Are they using the letter boxing at all for UI elements?

Dennis

Banned
Those are disappointing.

Last of Us looks better*. I hope it is due to shit quality images from GI.

*I WILL post screenshots if challenged.

VanWinkle

They should have at least shown one screenshot with a set piece in it, instead of all/most being screenshots of a room. Still looks great, obviously, even though the pictures are annoyingly small and low quality.

Top Bottom