• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New gameplay: Wolfenstein- The New Order

The_Monk

Thanks for posting fellow GAFfer.

It looks interesting, the thing I really like it is how clean the screen is, with no compass, objectives, health bar, etc. I know the game is not final but I like when games have a clean screen.

One of those games I think they do this very well is Dead Space. The Health is on your back and you can see how many bullets you have on the gun.

Leb

I feel like the gameplay mechanics that defined Wolfenstein were a direct result of the limitations of that era's technology... and so making a modern game with those same game systems just seems like a missed opportunity to reinvent the franchise.

I mean, they've already rebooted pretty much every other franchise, but Wolfenstein actually NEEDS a reboot to be viable in today's market.

Burt

Nazi sympathizer?

Nah, seriously. I can understand why but I love those types of execution moves. I could watch that gif from Riddick all day long. Love them, my only disappointment is that the facial animations still aren't emotive or animated enough. If they were, it could be a real gut wrencher and make you think twice about killing them in such a gruesome and brutal fashion.
I think that it's the slowness of it all that got to me there. I don't think I've ever been squeamish about something like that, but the fact that the knife goes in and he doesn't just pull it out, he pulls it slowly through at a right angle, that was pretty extreme. It's like THAT knife kill in Saving Private Ryan. Maybe it's the neck thing, too. That's always an easy part of your body to worry about terrible things happening to. Fortunately enough, there aren't any moral conundrums to worry about because Wolfenstein Nazis are most certainly the worst of the worst of the worst, so that parts a non-issue.

Looks good!

I like how deadly the guns seem, and that firing from the hip is seemingly the way to play. id Tech 5 and satisfying gunplay mixed with Starbreeze style story approach sounds like a good recipe to me. I'm glad they pushed it back to make sure it's properly polished.

i-Lo

volfenshtein_14_by_gifsandmore-d6h959o.gif

I really like what I've seen so far.

Hopefully there's a good amount of enviromental destruction so the shooting feels satisfying.

Also really liking the design for the Nazi officers, soldiers and mechs.

Top Bottom