• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ghostbusters movie group shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

I have not read anything about this film, but I do want to know one thing now. Is this in the same universe as the originals? Meaning, is this a complete and totally new story where Ghostbusters have never existed before, or are they following in the footsteps of the boys?

Dai101

Banned
I have not read anything about this film, but I do want to know one thing now. Is this in the same universe as the originals? Meaning, is this a complete and totally new story where Ghostbusters have never existed before, or are they following in the footsteps of the boys?

Reebot.

Although Ray got shafted anyway, he paid $4,800.00 (Something like $$10,986.18 in todays world) for the Ecto-1 and the thing still needed a lot of work ( "suspension work and shocks, brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear end... new rings, mufflers, a little wiring....")

Yep, expecting a similar scene for the new one. It's cheap for a functional emergency vehicle, not a normal car.

Dai101

Banned
I remembered that someone posted the lookalike basis of the new jumpsuits/coverall/whateveryoucallit

7c4oBi4.jpg

You can buy your own!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301675432426

Looking good so far, I just hope they nail the script.

Also, I really hope we are not seeing Gozer again, give us something fresh. My problem with reboots/remakes is seeing the same scenes done over again, and usually not as good as in the original. I need a new villain and new ghost, I have no desire to see demon dogs, marshmellow men, or scary librarians again. The exception to this rule is slimer of course.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I really, really hope it's gonna be good.

And all of you guys throwing a fit because the ghostbusters are women should be ashamed.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The fan art is already rolling in...

tumblr_nrbuk300qD1qkya43o1_1280.jpg
This one I love. Also it reminds me of how much I loved the old school ghost traps, I hope they're back and looking similar to the old ones.

wihio

I don't think that's the intention behind this film

You may be right, but making a movie with the same name will undoubtedly draw comparisons. Reboots *should* mean improvement, and my opinion is that this is no improvement.

To each their own!

wihio

You're going to pirate the new Ghostbusters movie?

I admit it was a stupid thing to say. I was celebrating my old age (birthday) and getting grumpy about "the good ol days." I will go see the movie in a theater and pay for at least two others in line to atone.

I am still bothered by the idea of this, but what the fuck do I have to complain about? Its a new Ghostbusters movie!

I admit it was a stupid thing to say. I was celebrating my old age (birthday) and getting grumpy about "the good ol days." I will go see the movie in a theater and pay for at least two others in line to atone.

I am still bothered by the idea of this, but what the fuck do I have to complain about? Its a new Ghostbusters movie!

What idea? That it is a remake? Or that it is an all-female cast?

wihio

...the movie isn't even out yet.

Lawls I know. My opinion, formed solely from two hype images and my ability to compare and extrapolate against the existing films and the actors that helped to make them, is that it will suck.

I will gladly shift my opinion as more details emerge.

I fell victim to alcohol, old age, and the blunders of posting stupid and ill-timed rants on message boards. For this I truly apologize.

wihio

What idea? That it is a remake? Or that it is an all-female cast?

Nearly PMed you cause I feel like I am spamming this topic, but here it is:

The idea of a reboot of a super well-established set of films from a time period that is rarely done justice in film making is what bothers me. I have no issue with the fact that it is an all female cast. This is potentially the best thing about this reboot.

Henceforth, I am willing to give it a fair shake. Thank you NeoGAF for straightening me out.

Imagine if this was a reboot with Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, Thomas Middleditch and Louis CK.

Would people have been more or less pissed?

Nearly PMed you cause I feel like I am spamming this topic, but here it is:

The idea of a reboot of a super well-established set of films from a time period that is rarely done justice in film making is what bothers me. I have no issue with the fact that it is an all female cast. This is potentially the best thing about this reboot.

Henceforth, I am willing to give it a fair shake. Thank you NeoGAF for straightening me out.

Do you hate theatre?

Because theatre is all about remakes and remounts.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
This movie could be a box office success, or it could just be a major flop.

All that's left is to reboot the Back to the Future franchise.

Fury451

Banned
I think it's cleaner to break off entirety

Breaking off entirely would've been making a film that wasn't Ghostbusters then.

Setting it in the universe would not have drawn anywhere near the hate this is getting because as a reboot, it seems like more of a direct "attack" on the original to some.

hiex_

Banned
I reckon it's going to suck, hard. Everything Ghostbusters after the first movie is just painfully bad, I can't expect this to be any different.

scitek

I'm surprised at the push-back this movie is receiving, it seems to be being handled in just about the best way possible. And the all-female cast angle could actually be a fun plot device.

I think the main thing bogging it down for me is the current shit state of SNL, and the lack od confidence that instills alone.

Gonzalez

Banned
Breaking off entirely would've been making a film that wasn't Ghostbusters then.

Setting it in the universe would not have drawn anywhere near the hate this is getting because as a reboot, it seems like more of a direct "attack" on the original to some.

Agreed, it feels like making it an all female cast is them telling us that "Ghostbuster 1, Peace Sign, and Real was an attack on feminism".

Cheebo

Banned
Agreed, it feels like making it an all female cast is them telling us that "Ghostbuster 1, Peace Sign, and Real was an attack on feminism".
This is fucking absurd.

Was the all black remake of Wizard of Oz the Wiz made because the original was racist?

Was Marvel making Spider-Man black in the ultimate marvel universe because the original was racist?

Changing sex/race is a way to get a different spin on things with a different perspective.

It isn't an attack on men of any kind of feminist stance. I feel bad for you that you actual would believe this.

Tobor

Exactly. The female cats isn't the problem, it's the reboot. Make Kristin Wiigs character Dan Akroyds niece or whatever, and ghosts start returning after 30 years of being gone. Boom. Instantly this movie is more likeable.

Fuck reboots. Jurassic World did it right.

Exactly. The female cats isn't the problem, it's the reboot. Make Kristin Wiigs character Dan Akroyds niece or whatever, and ghosts start returning after 30 years of being gone. Boom. Instantly this movie is more likeable.

Fuck reboots. Jurassic World did it right.
Yep, or go with a franchise idea, set in a different city or something. It didn't need to be a reboot at all. I love the ghostbusters concept and don't give a shit if it's 4 guys, 4 girls, or any combination of those, but hollywood really needs to quit with the frivolous rebooting.

Ridiculous statement.

It's a different take and nothing more.

An all female cast would've likely gotten the same vitriol only some wouldn't have been able to hide behind the reboot as an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom