• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ghostbusters movie teaser

badblue

Well, poop. I didn't notice this was already posted. Mod's feel free to delete.

http://collider.com/ghostbusters-3-teaser-trailer/
Last night, word broke that Sony Pictures is not only planning to release a new Ghostbusters movie in Summer 2020, but that original Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman’s son Jason Reitman is co-writing and directing the project. Now we know just how secret this whole thing was, as there’s already a Ghostbusters 3 teaser trailer to get fans hyped for the new movie.
The follow-up is set within the same cinematic universe as the first two Ghostbustersmovies and thus will be a direct sequel to 1989’s Ghostbusters II. That means it will completely ignore Paul Feig’s 2016 female-led reboot, but it’s still unclear which original cast members—if any—will be returning for what we’re calling Ghostbusters 3.

Last edited:
I wish they would adapt one of the cartoon episodes into a feature film. Either Citizen Ghost which takes place after the events of the first movie, or Knock Knock where the guys have to close a mysterious gateway to hell.

Nymphae

Banned
Song at the beginning totally reminds me of the song in the beginning of the first one when they are looking for the librarian ghost. Great choice.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Song at the beginning totally reminds me of the song in the beginning of the first one when they are looking for the librarian ghost. Great choice.

yeah the Elmer Bernstein stuff is great. a big part of the charm of the original. the jazzy piano stuff is wonderful.

can we bring back Mick Smiley for "Magic (2020)"?

Last edited:

bitbydeath

That felt more like Ghostbusters than any scene from the previous one.

Would be cool if Egon could be featured as a ghost (since the actor is dead.)

Oh and bring in Rick Moranis and this could be HUGE!

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't think the reboot was THAT bad, but it wasn't Ghostbusters. I think the issue with it was that they took the Ghostbusters name and strapped it to something else - it would have been wiser to not call it ghostbusters, not piggy-back the success and the name of the original movies like that. Of course one could easily argue that this movie will be doing the same if it doesn't use any of the original cast for instance.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
The music and the familar sound effects of the proton pack powering up...instant chills for me.

Please be good...

Last edited:

Hayfield

Banned
I can't believe a company is giving their audience what they want instead of doubling down on chasing woke feminists who won't even watch it.

Top Bottom