• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl - Season 2 |OT| Tuesdays on FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winston and his girly drinks stole the premier for me. And I like the direction the Nick and Jess "will they/won't they" is going. Bring on the second episode of tonight!

Did Bearclaw have a mental disability? That is all I was thinking during it, and felt so horrible for him. But I love how much Nick loved him.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Holy shit, both episodes were pure gold.

ibhofpaeHgj88o.gif

ibztJfqMbAoFTs.gif
ibztJfqMbAoFTs.gif

ibztJfqMbAoFTs.gif
ibztJfqMbAoFTs.gif

ibztJfqMbAoFTs.gif
ibztJfqMbAoFTs.gif

ibuR0yolqXdML3.gif

boner.

Redux

Banned
Schmidt needs his own show, or the lead role. Not boring 'ol-feel-bad-for-me Jess. I swear, she looks like she's about to cry in every scene and her super dry humor fails for me. Throw Zooey in the pit with the 2 broke girls.

I'm not some impulsive drone like the rest of you, and will watch something for how attractive the person is. Think id rather have spiders fuck my mouth while I sleep tonight then watch another episode.

Mr. F

Banned
Don't see how anyone finds Zooey Deschanel humorous. All she does is talk in a condescending tone, and try to be "quirky."

So does that ease up? Read a few other posts in this thread saying that the show drops the "holy shit she's so offbeat" feel by the end of the first season (or at least tones it down). If that's true I may catch up - really couldn't get into the first few episodes for that reason.

Redux

Banned
So does that ease up? Read a few other posts in this thread saying that the show drops the "holy shit she's so offbeat" feel by the end of the first season (or at least tones it down). If that's true I may catch up - really couldn't get into the first few episodes for that reason.

Think I just love how the other characters react to her bullshit acting, that's what keeps me watching (and the fact that the girlfriend watches this show)

GAF is a bit biased with Zooey so don't listen to everything in these threads.

The show really took off after the first handful of eps in S1. Schmidt just starts gobbling scenes up left and right.

Loved both episodes tonight. Would love to see some gifs from Winston in that 1st ep. He was hilarious.

Thread title should be "New Girl - Season 2 |OT| Schmidt Happens"

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Schmidt needs his own show, or the lead role. Not boring 'ol-feel-bad-for-me Jess. I swear, she looks like she's about to cry in every scene and her super dry humor fails for me. Throw Zooey in the pit with the 2 broke girls.

I'm not some impulsive drone like the rest of you, and will watch something for how attractive the person is. Think id rather have spiders fuck my mouth while I sleep tonight then watch another episode.

I'll say Jess is the least interesting character on the show for me despite being the "main" character. Her roomates, friends, and aquantances are all more interesting as well as much funnier.

I'll say Jess is the least interesting character on the show for me despite being the "main" character. Her roomates, friends, and aquantances are all more interesting as well as much funnier.

Absolutely.

Really enjoyed both episodes tonight, especially the first one.

I liked the two new episodes, the second one the best. The first episode had too much Schimdt (sorry, I hate him-too obnoxious and doesn't shut up), but at least had the dude from Traffic Light. Second episode was just great all around.

Mr. F

Banned
Think I just love how the other characters react to her bullshit acting, that's what keeps me watching (and the fact that the girlfriend watches this show)

GAF is a bit biased with Zooey so don't listen to everything in these threads.

This I can get into, in a worst-case scenario where I still find her annoying throughout the show. Guess I'll give it a shot, couldn't hurt anyway.

leng jai

Really underwhelming first episode besides the first time you see Schmidt. How much did Winston get paid for it? He did jack shit.

ivysaur12

Banned
Was meh on the first episode, second one was good. Old Nick was fun, they still don't know what to do with Winston, Ivy and Katie were great alter-egos.

drspeedy

Thank god the writers added terciary characters, Jess and thew cast (save Nick) are intolerable actors. Jim Carey could over act that hard and stay in character...

Dancing scene was genuinely funny, 'the cricket' got me.

Rest, well...

As everybody says, Schmidt is great. But Nick has potential. When Ross was insane in Friends, it was his best material. Same for Nick. Push him to near full-crazy, it could just work.

Incidentally: there's no chemistry between him and Jess. Hope that romance angle is just jettisoned.

New episode tonight. Judging from the previews, it appears Nick and Jess go on a date.
And the scheme Schmidt tries tonight sounds great.

dokish

Banned
Wow, this show is still on?

I watched the first 4 episodes of season 1 and they were beyond bad. I love Zooey, but this was impossible to watch.

Guess I will give it another chance. Should I start from season 2?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

I watched the first 4 episodes of season 1 and they were beyond bad. I love Zooey, but this was impossible to watch.

Show gets infinitely better because of the supporting cast (Schmidt).

jb1234

I'd say season 1 starts improving by ep 9 and it's consistently entertaining from ep 13 onward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom