• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl - Season 2 |OT| Tuesdays on FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1234

Tonight's ep didn't quite work for me for some reason. Schmidt in particular crossed from lovably douchey to just plain douchey. Jess' and Nick's fight was also too obnoxious to be funny and the tone didn't strike me like they were going for pathos.

I liked some of the one-liners, though. "Sam came over, we tried to make out. I stopped it and then we just laid there, like two old people in 'The Notebook', waiting to die."

Didn't like it. Schmidt isn't likable as a liar. Nick isn't likable as complete and utter wuss.

What I did like:

Winston's fantasy faces
Cece giving up the boobs to Schmidt for comfort and him referring to them as memory foam.

Ratings were good at least:
deadline said:
In one of the brighter spots on last night’s ratings report, New Girl (2.8/7) matched its season premiere rating from last week, avoiding the proverbial “second-week slump.”

big ander

I've really enjoyed every episode so far. Winston being naughty, Schmidt's danger party, Old Nick, Jess losing a lot more control. It's all working really well.

I agree with people in the thread saying Nick needs more love. in this episode he perfectly delivered that line about buying pizza with a street dollar and being a day closer to death. he's amazing.

jb1234

Winston is the one they really need to focus on at this point. Everyone else is pretty individualized but I don't feel like Winston has really come into his own yet. He's entertaining when he's bouncing off of other character's stories but his own are rare and don't tend to be great.

Messi

Please tell me someone gif'd the face winston was making in the mirror or on the couch. I nearly died laughing.

The Hermit

I'm still amazed this show not only turned into something good after a fucking awful beginning, but also managed to become pretty loveable. Can't wait for the premiere.

what, this thing is good?? I remember people destroying the first couple of episodes, then I lost interest.

Danielsan

Man, so much negative bitching in this thread. I absolutely loved all three episodes. Great to have the best sitcom currently on tv (I don't see Louie as a sitcom) back again.

Spoilers from EW:

In an upcoming episode that sees a return from lesbian gyno Sadie, Jess becomes a little concerned about her most fertile years slipping away from her. (Don’t worry, Jess. Even Kim Kardashian has been there.) More immediately, I’m pretty excited about Rob Riggle guest starring as Schmidt’s cousin. Why? Because Max Greenfield said we should all be excited, and his wish is my command. “I could not keep a straight face with Rob yesterday,” he tells EW. “I ruined so much footage yesterday that it was embarrassing. He’s playing Big Schmidt, A.K.A. Schmidt’s cousin. We both go by Schmidt and that causes some issues.”

Man, so much negative bitching in this thread. I absolutely loved all three episodes. Great to have the best sitcom currently on tv (I don't see Louie as a sitcom) back again.

I'm a big fan of the show, but I'm not going to dismiss a bad episode. That recent ep was a bad one, imo. It's good that we expect so much more from this show. There aren't many comedies I expect greatness from (30 Rock, Parks And Rec, Community, The League, and Happy Endings).

Dirty hipster neighbors. Schmidt happy about being an asshead. Nick in god mode. Great episode.

Nick's best prank was the shoes one. So subtle, yet so perfect.

Great ep. Observations:

Nick was pure fucking gold. The shoes prank was priceless.

Winston is a complete waste of time on this show. Seriously, if he was gone, would anyone miss him?

Jess... short skirt, short shorts, showing off those legs. Yum.

Schmidt -- funny Schmidt is funny and unfunny Schmidt is funny. How does that happen?

Great ep. Observations:

Nick was pure fucking gold. The shoes prank was priceless.

Winston is a complete waste of time on this show. Seriously, if he was gone, would anyone miss him?

Jess... short skirt, short shorts, showing off those legs. Yum.

Schmidt -- funny Schmidt is funny and unfunny Schmidt is funny. How does that happen?
Schmidt happens.

Shadow780

Woah Jess, I think I have a thigh fetish now.

Where did they find those hipster rejects? Man I want to punch those fuckers in the face so hard.

jb1234

I would but only because I like the actor and when he's given good material, he sells it. Winston is the show's biggest liability right now but I have faith the writers can fix it.

This episode didn't make me laugh much but it kept me entertained. Damn hipsters...

Shadow780

Schmidt happens.

Basically this whole episode is

GLoy2.gif

big ander

Nick's pranks were amazing and I love them running with his old man persona. Jess's realization was good and her awful impressions were funny. Schmidt felt like he had less good stuff to do this week. Some of his faux pas were funny, others weren't. Winston's on the sideline again, but at least his random D-plot has him having a problem I relate to: being bad at pranks. representation of the kids was cartoony and they weren't actually that funny.
alright episode.

Nick was the highlight for me. And Zoe's legs. Schmidt it my favorite character, but he's had two terrible episodes in a row. It seems like they've given up even trying to write for Winston, which is unfortunate because the funniest moment of the night for me was the end when he attacked Schmidt with a ski. As a prank.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
can anyone link me to that gif where jess moves her head and a question mark pops up?

Jitters

When Nick walked in and saw the kids and turned around and went right out the door, I could not stop laughing. I really like this Ben and Kate/New Girl/Mindy Project block Fox has right now. I know people think they are girly, but I don't care. Cute and funny and they blend well together.

When Nick walked in and saw the kids and turned around and went right out the door, I could not stop laughing. I really like this Ben and Kate/New Girl/Mindy Project block Fox has right now. I know people think they are girly, but I don't care. Cute and funny and they blend well together.

"Yeah, I'm not doing this."

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Really good episode. lol at Jess using classic TV sitcom catch phrases on kids who weren't even born when they were popular.

Also, nice to see the son from Hung is getting more acting work.

Family Matters is a "low budget web series".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom