• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season 3 |OT| You gave me an OT, I gave you an OT... Gave me OT got you OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind Winston going a little crazy (I think he's mostly doing that stuff to be funny anyway) but he totally should have gotten with that blond girl. I was very bummed out when she left. =(

Other than being hot what's so great about Cece? I don't find her particularly funny or interesting.
Well, she is definitely hot.

However, I think she has great chemistry with Schmidt, I really like that she grounds Jess in reality and their flashbacks to when they were younger are great too. She is essentially a fantastic foil for the humor of the other characters and adds a dose of humor along with a "I'm a model and you people are weird" vibe.

I personally would have liked had they kept Schmidt and Cece together and split up Jess and Nick.

And she's insanely hot.

StuBurns

Banned
No one talking about Jess' strange top lip?

Some seriously questionable collagen, or she's being punched between takes.

Episode highlight for me was:
"Hey, don't shoot the bike messenger"
"That's a terrible joke"

Amazing.

OK, I watched it. I liked it overall, but I didn't enjoy how much they seemed to push Nick's wackjob behaviour as a sympathetic character trait. He just came across as insane and/or irredeemably immature. And then he just isn't at the end.

At least Winston got a week off being the nutty one.

Salaadin

I can think of a few scenes of Cece that got a rise out of me.

Ohohoho!!!

I like Cece. Shes not particularly funny but she has good chemistry with Jess and Schmidt.

Last nights episode was good. It was probably the low point of the season but it had a few good moments.

big ander

Nick is amazing and the only reason this show has ever been as good as it is.

Schmidt stuff last night was really bad, just boring and not at all in line with the show. I dunno, Schmidt not getting to think about other people to that extreme made little sense to me, didn't the cookie episode make him out to be someone who gets presents for people? I guess the crux there was that he expected something in return, but still it was a wild caricature even for this show, and everything after that sucked.

The windfall 8k was great. Night peanuts, Nick explaining drinking, Outside Dave having a purse for meat and for shells, Fat Face ("I thought I was filing a patent" "Fat Face is...an invention?" "Kind of- in its intention- it was supposed to- eugh") and the rest of Nick's paperwork past. "I can't swim, everyone was watching me-- I was 13! I was 26."

nick is so fucking annoying.

Yeah people like to criticize the handling of the Cece/Elizabeth situation and still not figuring out what to do with Winston, but Nick has been my issue with the third season so far.

They've gone to far with his stubbornness/lack of facing reality.

Yeah I wish season 2 nick was still here.

I was really aggravated over his box and his missing jury duty n what not. I mean come on don't let it get that bad and claim everything is alright :\

I know it's a show but it bugged and stressed the hell out of me.

jb1234

Part of me is wondering whether it's the writer's take on how people can lose their identity when in a relationship.

Linius

I personally feel like it would have been a better ending of the episode if Jess didn't went out all crazy. Nick was finally showing some progression...

I liked the Schmidt stuff. Him trying to be a good person is just funny to watch. Jon Lovitz as his rabbi was great too.

I personally feel like it would have been a better ending of the episode if Jess didn't went out all crazy. Nick was finally showing some progression...

Well the overall point was "Nick has a lot of weird quirks, some are incredibly dangerous and others one could potentially learn to accept/tolerate". Jess has been so obviously superior to Nick in pretty much every way that I get why they brought her down to Nick's level at least once.

The problem is, Nick's shit (whilst hilarious) is so fucking asinine that it's completely unbelievable why she or anyone ever adopt his quirks, in love or not. The last episode spent most of its time essentially saying that Jess can do so much better, inadvertent as that sentiment was.

Blader

I still dig this show but they really need to ease up on Nick's shtick of yelling blatantly manufactured crazy things, going "This is me, these are my real feelings!" and then immediately resolving things with him and Jess saying how much they like each other, how well it's going, etc.

My DirecTV was on the fritz this week so it didn't record the episode (or B99 or Mindy). And apparently Fox doesn't provide an On Demand channel. Is it worth it to buy this past episode or did I not miss anything? Sounds like consensus in this thread is that it was mediocre.

big ander

My DirecTV was on the fritz this week so it didn't record the episode (or B99 or Mindy). And apparently Fox doesn't provide an On Demand channel. Is it worth it to buy this past episode or did I not miss anything? Sounds like consensus in this thread is that it was mediocre.

all three of these shows are free on hulu

jb1234

Made it five minutes into the latest episode before turning it off. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Someone let me know when the show is worth watching again.

It felt good to not have an episode consumed by the desire to test Jess and Nick's relationship to the max.

The story about weaving Keaton into Schmidt's life was hilarious.

I really hope Schmidt stays in the new apartment. I dunno why but I just find the idea of him moving in across the hall by himself hilarious.

Oh, and him eating the block of cheese was disgusting.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
What has happened to this show? It's been a trainwreck this season.

I feel the show lost it's spark midway through season 2 and I don't really care about it anymore. I watch just for Schmidt and the fact that it leads into a half hour of the hilarious Mindy Kaling <3

big ander

batmanmobile, schmidt taking a gigantic bite of cheese, nick explaining his Keaton-ing, jess's joey ramona quimby, winston not watching the truman show. this was a great episode.

tumblr_mv7ocpSW1D1r51blgo1_1280.png

beat

Not to be mean, but I'm glad Elizabeth is gone and I hope I never have to see her again.

I only watch this show off and on (catch maybe 60% of the episodes?) but I thought she was a great character and I instantly liked her with Schmidt more than Cece with Schmidt. She was just so self-possessed and confident in her identity.

Nick is amazing and the only reason this show has ever been as good as it is.

[...]

The windfall 8k was great. Night peanuts, Nick explaining drinking, Outside Dave having a purse for meat and for shells, Fat Face ("I thought I was filing a patent" "Fat Face is...an invention?" "Kind of- in its intention- it was supposed to- eugh") and the rest of Nick's paperwork past. "I can't swim, everyone was watching me-- I was 13! I was 26."
I hated the $8K plot a lot. Nick will borrow a cumulative $1500 from Winston but would rather blow it on useless fun than pay Winston back? And he's angry about even being asked? That's not being bad with money or ducking issues he doesn't want to deal with, that's just being an asshole. He's so dysfunctional that he doesn't understand bank accounts? The former law student, who paid his families' bills, is too dumb to live in modern society? There's suspension of disbelief and then there's just stupid writing.

Mostly I hate Nick. He's epically selfish and detached from reality. That stuff is silly and unpleasant for MPDG characters and turning him into a sort of MPD Guy isn't charming, not when they crank his stupidity up to 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom