• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Granblue Fantasy Versus characters revealed with a new trailer

Shin

Banned
Today, during the Granblue Fantasy 5th anniversary broadcast, Cygames revealed a new character for Granblue Fantasy Versus.
Looks like we’re getting the roughneck Lowain, who will also come with his mates Tomoi and Elsam as assists. If you’re unfamiliar with him, you can read an official description below.

“A free spirit who was all about his part-time job, a good gab sesh with the boys, and a dash of adventure every now and then. That all changed when Katalina visited the restaurant where he worked. It was infatuation at first sight.
Determined to follow her, he quit his job and began a new life as the cook on Gran’s crew.
He’s a fair hand with a dagger, but with his buddies Elsam and Tomoi there to run interference and baffle opponents, he can really ruin an enemy’s day… probably.”

Incidentally, his weapon was visible in the game’s logo, which means that the other characters whose blades are displayed alongside Lowain’s might really appear in the game as we theorized last year.
If you’d like to learn more about Granblue Fantasy Versus, you should check out our recent interview with game director Tetsuya Fukuhara.

Granblue Fantasy Versus will be released for PS4 at some point in 2019.

Credit: Twinfinite

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
The most interesting part of this (sorry, I hate Lowain) is that his weapon is visible in the logo of the game, which solidifies the theory that all the weapons in the logo represent characters included in the game.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
This game looks great. Love the art style. Reminds me of Battle Fantasia (in a good way).

That rogue dude with the animal ears... :messenger_smiling_hearts:

btUQfVf.gif

BOzRna9.gif

MobBAqp.gif

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Bumping this because we don't have a good repository for character announcements. I'm still watching this with significant curiosity levels 🤓

New trailer gives snippets of previously-announced characters and also shows off two new fighters, the spear girl Zeta and the scythe boi Vaseraga.

Pejo

Man every time I see this game pop up, I think of the missed opportunity with the starter character selections. I get that they went from a gameplay first angle to give a variety of gameplay styles, but goddamn it's a boring lineup if you've followed the IP for a while and know of the characters they had to pick from.

Ethereals

Neo Member
It feels like a fewer dream it was sooo long ago but wasnt there supposed to be a jrpg of this as well?
Is it ever coming out?!

Zenaku

You might be thinking of the action game.

edit:

No, kunonabi is right.

The misconception is that these are "new character" trailers when they're actually "new" character trailers. They're just new trailers focusing on individual characters.

Anyway, looking nice, but disappointed that they've pretty much left out key characters from the first main arc in favour of so many side characters.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
No, kunonabi is right.

The misconception is that these are "new character" trailers when they're actually "new" character trailers. They're just new trailers focusing on individual characters.

Any, looking nice, but disappointed that they've pretty much left out key characters from the first main arc in favour of so many side characters.
Never underestimate ARC's ability to add DLC ;)

Zenaku

Never underestimate ARC's ability to add DLC ;)
Oh I expect it, I'm just sad they won't have any story input. They'll have battle intros and victory/defeat scenes, but there'll be no interaction with other characters unless a sequel releases. Unless they opt to make them NPCs first for the story, then add them later.

Top Bottom