• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Grand Theft Auto V screens: TRANSPORT

bud23

Lmao this is great.

The one guy has a point, that car might be a "Cheetar", a Chinese Cheeah knockoff :lol

CHESTER+CHETOS.gif

Tr4nce

Wow, just saw the screenies. :)

I'm not a graphics whore that much anymore, I'd rather have great gameplay. So so what you will, but that Cheeta looks fucking great, as does that bike!

Its looking good, but tame so far.. Im excited, but I really hope this game can deliver. Jets are a step in the right direction, but they have been done before, i want to see whats new also.

After Sleeping Dogs, Rockstar is going to have some work to do to impress me in terms of melee combat and graphics. I hope they do though!

adpuu7.gif

Yeah, holy shit, this. If GTA V can improve its combat, and pull off visuals like these (on PC) then we will be in for a treat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's no way GTA will do that much with hand to hand. They don't need to. Sleeping Dogs did it because it's set in China and firearms are harder to come across. Part of GTA's Americana is that it's in America, and it's easy as hell to get a gun.

They need to focus solely on fixing gunplay. I'm kind of surprised people even want them to bother with melee outside of pushing other characters down stairs.

dyergram

Agreed I think you should be able to kill somebody by pushing them down stairs. It looked brutal in euphoria last time but took me out of the moment when they would just get up after falling down two flights of concrete steps also the baseball bat was terrible in gta4.

UrbanRats

There's no way GTA will do that much with hand to hand. They don't need to. Sleeping Dogs did it because it's set in China and firearms are harder to come across. Part of GTA's Americana is that it's in America, and it's easy as hell to get a gun.

They need to focus solely on fixing gunplay. I'm kind of surprised people even want them to bother with melee outside of pushing other characters down stairs.

I agree, still something better than what we had in 4 and expansions wouldn't hurt, even because they put the fightclub in BoGT, but the melee wasn't good enough for it, making it frustrating.

GTAForums is one of the saddest forums I've ever been on. I saw a thread (I think about the last couple screenshots) and one of the little kids said "I'm masturbating to these pictures" and rather than everyone just report him and move on, a dozen other users joined in and the official thread had to be closed.

I'm guessing the next batch will be "weapons" but that would be hard to do without blatantly showing off the protagonist.

Raptomex

Its looking good, but tame so far.. Im excited, but I really hope this game can deliver. Jets are a step in the right direction, but they have been done before, i want to see whats new also.
That's what I said when I first saw the screens, nothing new. If that is the Hydra it definitely isn't new. I want to see some action shots and trailers.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I like the way this looks better than 4, considering it takes place in LA, how about a radio station devoted to that LA-rooftop-party-house sound? I'm talking labels like Crosstown Rebels, artists like Jamie Jones, Seth Troxler, Dyed Soundorom, Maceo Plex... would be absolutely incredible and a great "continuation" of the SF-UR station from San Andreas.

Muffdraul

I used to be in awe when I took a cab ride in first-person, but now that I actually live in NYC I'm even more astonished at how amazingly well they captured the spirit of the city.

I'm actually getting a touch of that from the Cheetah screen shot. Just from the background, the stop sign, the light post, the tree and so forth- as a Fullerton native I can already really tell they're nailing the look and feel of LA/OC suburbs.

Dabanton

So when do we expect the next drop of pictures then maybe today?

If the first bunch are for transport.

What do people think the second lot will showcase?

Activities maybe?

GlamFM

Banned
So when do we expect the next drop of pictures then maybe today?

If the first bunch are for transport.

What do people think the second lot will showcase?

Activities maybe?

Anytime now. I hope for something like "Lanscapes" or "Environments". I really want to see the countryside.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
It would be awesome if they release it this year.
However, i'm really busy with Sleeping Dogs which turned out to be amazing.

Top Bottom