• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Grand Theft Auto V screens: TRANSPORT

UrbanRats

Don't what?

The thread is about screenshots. We look and talk about screenshots. Their quality or lack thereof and what they may mean for the game.

What else are we supposed to do in a screenshot thread?
Argue for the Xth time about GTA4, obviously.

Dennis

Banned
One major problem with GTA IV was the scripting in mission such that targets may be invulnerable until certain conditions are met.

I very much would like an increased freedom to deal with missions in any way I see fit.

A greater emphasis on emergent gameplay over scripted gameplay is my fondest wish for GTA V.

Sethos

Banned
hopefully R* plays some Sleeping Dogs and learns to make melee and driving fun.

I hope they don't take a single shred of the driving from Sleeping Dogs. Thankfully, they won't because Rockstar knows what they are doing.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Speaking of the PC version, I wonder how belated it will be. I've said before that I believe Max Payne 3 PC to be R* testing the waters of near-simultaneous releases of their multiplatform games, so, assuming the PC version at least met expectations, I'd wager GTAV PC will follow in its proverbial footsteps. IM A TIGHT ASS

Even if Max Payne had lukewarm success (I don't know about that game's particular PC sales), GTA5 is their biggest IP probably only ahead of Red Dead. Matter of fact, I would wager them needing a PC version of RDR2 day 1 as well. I'm excited for PC gaming as I've been for the last few years since it's only getting better and better. And my HW is getting better and better too :p

GlamFM

Banned
Don't what?

The thread is about screenshots. We look and talk about screenshots. Their quality or lack thereof and what they may mean for the game.

Joke?

We could talk about how Bikes and Planes are back. How it looks awesome overall. How the setting seems a lot nicer and whatnot.

I enjoy your screens and gifs, but it can be annoying. And your bold "terrible graphics" comment was clearly just there to piss people of.

Let us be excited and than you can trash it with your analysis as you always do.

Relax dude. Really.

Hindle

Banned
Oh yes Jets are back! Now they need to bring back sky diving and I'm sold. And Jet packs as well. Go nuts basically Rockstar

no way they'd release PC screens in 720p

Exactly, remember the Max Payne 3 PC screens were ginormous.

Looks incredible, for those people saying "road texture looks like shit" and other nonsense like that....the game is going to be fucking massive. DVDs are only so big and the consoles don't run on fairy dust. Deal with it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
GTA IV = press the jump button, wait 2 sec. and then he actually jumps.

Shit like that better not be in GTA V anymore.

Derrick01

Banned
One major problem with GTA IV was the scripting in mission such that targets may be invulnerable until certain conditions are met.

I very much would like an increased freedom to deal with missions in any way I see fit.

A greater emphasis on emergent gameplay over scripted gameplay is my fondest wish for GTA V.

It's a lesson I hope they learned from 4's failure. They need to learn that they can make their super serious "realistic" story without crippling the gameplay. No one's going to care if it's hard to take the main guy seriously because he was just flying a jetpack through a collapsing building the mission before, because it's fun.

GQman2121

Banned
Rockstar has always struggled with their lead character's development over the course of the story they're attempting to tell. So I hope to see some strides there. More options in missions like the end of GTA IV would be a good start.

Recon_NL

Banned
446982894.png

bud23

Don't what?

GTA is not about graphics, Rockstar confirmed already that GTA V will have its biggest map ever. GTA V needs to be fun, I don´t care if the graphics are not like Crysis 3.

The news here are not the screenshots quality( for me are fine), the big news is the inclusion of bicycles and the jet fighter.

Dennis

Banned

Guys, guys, this is not a PC shot but a console shot.

I can tell from the pixels and by having seen quite a few jaggies in my time.

-BLITZ-

Already there, always has been.

Take the bicycle to the mountains in old SA style
and jump with it

I always done that in Mountain Chiliad when I played the game first time. Hours and hours of bikes cars and jets. I hope the bicycle doesn't stop at brakes like a bike from IV, after 50m.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
2 things: these are console shots, and the camera is right next to the ground. That's what most games' street textures look like when the camera is that close to the ground.

Get that logic out of here.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Guys, guys, this is not a PC shot but a console shot.

I can tell from i can tell from the pixels and by having seen quite a few jaggies in my time.

Since you didn't take a snip of the clouds with their console-ized aliasing, you're opinion is invalidated!

You have so much to learn!

Sethos

Banned
HAHA, GTAIV drivign was so slow and clunky, i think anything is an improvement. SD had zippy tight controls, imo. i enjoyed it.

GTA IV had the best driving this generation, actual weight, inertia and cars that took time to master. Not this shit where people get in a car and zip in and out of traffic within the first 2 minutes. I know a huge part of the game's fanbase agrees and I'm fairly sure GTA V will feature a very similar system with small tweaks here and there. They won't ditch it completely for some shitty hydroplaning feel from the 3 other free roam games also doing that exact same terrible handling.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2 things: these are console shots, and the camera is right next to the ground. That's what most games' street textures look like when the camera is that close to the ground.
in before he posts pics of Crysis 2 streets

Dennis

Banned

This, however, may be a PC screenshot. I can tell from the smoothness and from having seen quite a few asses in my time.

Exactly, remember the Max Payne 3 PC screens were ginormous.

Looks incredible, for those people saying "road texture looks like shit" and other nonsense like that....the game is going to be fucking massive. DVDs are only so big and the consoles don't run on fairy dust. Deal with it.

You're right, if these screenshots are console versions then they look pretty good, if there PC versions I'm really disappointed in the second one, especially after Sleeping Dogs. Although in terms of the PC version what matters the most is how it runs, especially after GTA IV

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The bar has been set very high with Sleeping Dogs. Pretty interested to get a run down of the story too, to see if it's another Dan Houser train wreck.

If they're going for San Andreas size, I can imagine the budget for this game is insane.

Dabanton

So with these latest shots and the updated epsilon website I'm sensing movement I think September could be very interesting.

Derrick01

Banned
GTA IV had the best driving this generation, actual weight, inertia and cars that took time to master. Not this shit where people get in a car and zip in and out of traffic within the first 2 minutes. I know a huge part of the game's fanbase agrees and I'm fairly sure GTA V will feature a very similar system with small tweaks here and there. They won't ditch it completely for some shitty hydroplaning feel from the 3 other free roam games also doing that exact same terrible handling.

Yeah the cars had weight alright. Every non luxury car turned corners like a tank which isn't realistic at all.

UrbanRats

GTA is not about graphics, Rockstar confirmed already that GTA V will have its biggest map ever. GTA V needs to be fun, I don´t care if the graphics are not like Crysis 3.

The news here are not the screenshots quality( for me are fine), the big news is the inclusion of bicycles and the jet fighter.

both Jet and bicycles were present in the debut trailer.

Also, GTA4, RDR, Max Payne 3 all had some of the best graphics ever seen, so it's definitely ALSO about the graphics.
Not that i'm complaining, these are fine, for console screenshots.

Sethos

Banned
Yeah the cars had weight alright. Every non luxury car turned corners like a tank which isn't realistic at all.

No they didn't and don't blame the game for failing to drive properly. Funny how I can get these supposed "tanks" around corners in a jiffy with ease.

I'm with you man. The driving in 4 was the bees knees!

Btw, the comment about only the luxury cars handling well..... The ballista was on of the best cars in the game for handling.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Even if Max Payne had lukewarm success (I don't know about that game's particular PC sales), GTA5 is their biggest IP probably only ahead of Red Dead. Matter of fact, I would wager them needing a PC version of RDR2 day 1 as well. I'm excited for PC gaming as I've been for the last few years since it's only getting better and better. And my HW is getting better and better too :p

In a perfect world, Red Dead R... PC would come with a belated port of Red Dead Redemption.

Top Bottom