• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gravity Rush screenshots

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/15/gravity-rush-screenshots-will-mesmerize-you/

gravity14.jpg

gravity16.jpg

gravity9.jpg

gravity10.jpg

gravity11.jpg

gravity7.jpg

:)

Apparently slated for Feb in Japan now [edit - for Vita].

There's more at the link, btw.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ah, Gravity Rush. So good to see a good looking Vita game after Something of Apocalypse trailer.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Would be nice if the OP could mention the platform (although I already figured it out with one of the posts above)

SolidSnakex said:
It actually was a PS3 game, but they moved it to the Vita.

Sure. But now it's a Vita game.

The mentality that portable games "should be on PS3" gets on my nerves, because those same posters port-begging will be the first to say "Vita has no games" if they were.

Anyway -- on-topic, the game looks absolutely gorgeous.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Sintoid said:
First time I hear about this... where did you read about?
I think I remember hearing that on the 8-4 podcast for TGS where someone said that this is what they've been told.

Game looks good. I'm looking forward to it. Based on previews it's nothing I would buy a PS Vita for, but because I'm already getting one anyway this looks to fit right in. ;-)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Good, good. I hope the mechanics turns out all that it's promising to be. Bought anyway.

deim0s

Wow, just gorgeous.

Just need to know if the combat/exploring mechanics are good as with the graphics.

[edit] there's a game similar to this (or a prequel?) only on JP PS3?

Globox_82

Banned
get2sammyb said:
Oh don't start this. The game uses a bunch of the Vita's input mechanics. It's a Vita game.

That doesn't mean it can't be ported to the PS3. Sure it might be better experience on Vita, but I personally want to play it on PS3 and big screen. There really isn't anything on Vita that you can't simulate with button layout.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Globox_82 said:
That doesn't mean it can't be ported to the PS3. Sure it might be better experience on Vita, but I personally want to play it on PS3 and big screen. There really isn't anything on Vita that you can't simulate with button layout.
Disqualified from discussion due to ignorance.

Globox_82

Banned
bandresen said:
Disqualified from discussion due to ignorance.
? Aren't you being the ignorant one here? Your ignorance and ego would rather prevent others from playing this game on PS3 then let them enjoy it. Seriously...

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Globox_82 said:
? Aren't you being the ignorant one here? Your ignorance and ego would rather prevent others from playing this game on PS3 then let them enjoy it. Seriously...

How would you use terrain deformation from behind and above the unit on games like Little Deviants and Modnation Racers without the front and back touch panels?

Gravity Rush's use of the accelerometer in conjunction with the screen for aiming your drop points also adds that extra layer of great control and immersion and who knows what latter game stuff they may have added since going Vita only.

Those that don't understand the unique control mechanisms only the Vita can support are ignorant. But now you aren't! Good day sir.

Durante

Screenshots look good already, but the game looks fantastic in motion. The main character animation with the gravity changes is top notch.

Globox_82

Banned
Pie and Beans said:
How would you use terrain deformation from behind and above the unit on games like Little Deviants and Modnation Racers without the front and back touch panels?

Gravity Rush's use of the accelerometer in conjunction with the screen for aiming your drop points also adds that extra layer of great control and immersion and who knows what latter game stuff they may have added since going Vita only.

Those that don't understand the unique control mechanisms only the Vita can support are ignorant. But now you aren't! Good day sir.

I SAID experience would be BETTER on VITA. However there is always a way around things, and yes this could work on PS3 somehow, with some changes. YOU ignoring what I really said is IGNORANT.

I never said this should be only for PS3, or it would just be as good as on VITA, contrary to that I said.

Like I said in my other comment.Your Ego and arrogance wanting to prevent more people to experience something is truly the definition of ignorance.

And I am done on this subject.

AAK

Kinda wish this gets delayed. The combat looked really really clunky and it could use a lot of improvements.

Spiegel

AAK said:
Kinda wish this gets delayed. The combat looked really really clunky and it could use a lot of improvements.

The combat looked good on the TGS demo compared to the E3 demo.

Top Bottom