• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

I must be going crazy. This happened four times in the span of roughly five days.

I bought the Agent Locke controller at the Microsoft Store kiosk at Alderwood Mall (in Lynwood, WA) on September 31st. It's got a creaky left trigger. I think, "huh, that sucks, guess I'll return it".

The next day, I get the second one in an exchange. Creaky left trigger. I'm annoyed now, but I return it for another one, which has a creakier trigger. I opt to keep the second one I exchanged for, but I got fed up when I realized the trigger wasn't going to be a problem that'd go away. I returned it today for a full refund.

I go to buy a Lunar White Xbox One controller from the GameStop by the mall. Guess what?

The left trigger. It's creaking, scraping, clicking, whatever. It has a noticeable shifting feeling that the right trigger does not, and compared to my other Xbox One controllers, it is very clear the left trigger is faulty.

What is going on with the latest shipment of Xbox One controllers? All four of the ones I've used have had faulty left triggers. And that's not the weird thing; it's always the left trigger, never anything else! The rest of the controller works totally fine, but the left one is clearly faulty. What the hell happened?

SalientOne

Internet Batman
The new Forge sounds incredible.

One question: Will the online pass for this absolutely free mode cost closer to $79.99 or $124.99? I'm working out my budget ahead of time.

giphy.gif

I see what you did there.

Hope someone can make a good Headlong remake in Forge. I never played the Reach remake, but I really loved that map in Halo 2.

It was such a unique mix of a large-scale vehicle map with vertical design.

More like snowbox. Heyooooooo

They pretty much have that already with Glacier as one of the Forge templates. A Sidewinder re-make needs to be a legitimized map in Halo 5 though, it's sight-lines and layout promote map movement in a way Blood Gulch/Valhalla doesn't. It would also work very well with sprint and the rest of Halo 5's sandbox. Blood Gulch and Valhalla don't work as well, too much cross mapping and not enough map movement, with the U shape of Sidewinder teams have to move to the other side to cross map and they have to control both the Central hill and the teleporter in order to have the map on lockdown.

Glass

Yeah I imagine it lines up with the book pretty well, as far as endings go you couldn't get much better then arriving at the start of Halo CE. I really hope there's a small nod to Halo Reach in there somewhere, maybe a glimpse or mention of Noble Team. That would have me fan girling hard.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Is this supposed to be Kelly?

vjVn8Rr.png

Sort of looks like she did in Forward Unto Dawn. (I think that's where that picture is from)

kLzEGVA.png

I hope it is because that would mean they're making that appearance be canon and she'll look like that in-game.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Why is Fred such a tiny little guy? 343 ruined all my Fred erotic fan-fiction that was centered around what he could reach on an Elite.

Man that last Kinda Funny Gamescast ep38, they're saying Halo5 has no hype? Are they living under a rock?

I don't listen to that show because mostly they are all kind of annoying IMO.

But yeah... I thought the hype was massive but maybe it's just the confirmation bias from HaloGAF. I know that all five of my nephews ages 7-15 could give a shit about Halo. COD kids...

Raises another question: Does Halo's fan base skew older?

Rocket786

Oh my god. I just heard the full version of "The Trials," and I'm in awe. So many feels. Goosebumps all over when the classic theme kicks in to be remixed with the new.

I can imagine the track kicking in during an epic battle scene during the game and those cues are really what made Bungie's Halo's magical. That precision of certain themes at the exact points during game play to create an epic feel unlike any other game.

Halo 4's sound track was good but man, it lacked moments like this. The themes weren't there. It lacked character. I still don't know why 343 decided to abandon all the classic Halo music that made Halo special for Halo 4. Regardless, I'm ecstatic to see they're back on board with Halo 5.

Hype through the roof!

Trup1aya

Yeah I imagine it lines up with the book pretty well, as far as endings go you couldn't get much better then arriving at the start of Halo CE. I really hope there's a small nod to Halo Reach in there somewhere, maybe a glimpse or mention of Noble Team. That would have me fan girling hard.

I'd be all for them ending with chief and the pillar of autumn showing up at Installation 04... But

But after the credits roll, a few days have gone by, and Chief shows up at Reach in a A Coventant flagship hoping to find some remaining Spartans... Then, Cortana picks up the Olli-Olli-oxenfree signal (which should be showcased a couple times in the movie) and Cheif quickly recognizes it... Then it ends for real...

That way people new to the series will understand why Blue Team is still alive.

The Fall of Reach will be welcomed when I'll take a brake from campaign to eat or something... has it been mentioned if it episodic or full length?

I must be going crazy. This happened four times in the span of roughly five days.

I bought the Agent Locke controller at the Microsoft Store kiosk at Alderwood Mall (in Lynwood, WA) on September 31st. It's got a creaky left trigger. I think, "huh, that sucks, guess I'll return it".

The next day, I get the second one in an exchange. Creaky left trigger. I'm annoyed now, but I return it for another one, which has a creakier trigger. I opt to keep the second one I exchanged for, but I got fed up when I realized the trigger wasn't going to be a problem that'd go away. I returned it today for a full refund.

I go to buy a Lunar White Xbox One controller from the GameStop by the mall. Guess what?

The left trigger. It's creaking, scraping, clicking, whatever. It has a noticeable shifting feeling that the right trigger does not, and compared to my other Xbox One controllers, it is very clear the left trigger is faulty.

What is going on with the latest shipment of Xbox One controllers? All four of the ones I've used have had faulty left triggers. And that's not the weird thing; it's always the left trigger, never anything else! The rest of the controller works totally fine, but the left one is clearly faulty. What the hell happened?

Just picked up a Lunar White XB1 controller yesterday and I have zero issues out of the box. Sounds like you got mega unlucky :(

Monocle

Why is Fred such a tiny little guy? 343 ruined all my Fred erotic fan-fiction that was centered around what he could reach on an Elite.
It can still work. He just has to do a lot of stretching and jumping, like a bear pawing at a beehive on a branch.

I don't listen to that show because mostly they are all kind of annoying IMO.

But yeah... I thought the hype was massive but maybe it's just the confirmation bias from HaloGAF. I know that all five of my nephews ages 7-15 could give a shit about Halo. COD kids...

Raises another question: Does Halo's fan base skew older?

Your nephews will go to whatever game everyone is playing. Right now, its COD.

As promised after making the pic of all helmets, I am finally done the pic of all armors in Halo 5. I also put all helmets on the right armor and added the name, so you get all armor sets in one pic.

The ones with a golden banner are legendary armors, you unlock them through achievements and not REQ packs.

Keep in mind that you have to unlock the armors and helmets seperatly, so you need to get the matching 2 REQ cards for a set

To the arcticle with the pic: http://haloorbit.de/index.php/ho-exklusiv/737-haloorbit-zeigt-euch-alle-halo-5-ruestungen-auf-einen-blick

Directlink to the pic: http://haloorbit.de/images/hocontent/halo5/sonstiges/h5_all_amors.jpg

And to all german Halo fans, please visit HaloOrbit.de. Beside all the current news we do exclsuive stuff like this or even translate Hunt the Truth to german, but we hope to get a bit more attention from official side ;-)

Glass

Damn thats alot of work, thanks for putting them together.

So kind of hard to tell in black and white, but the paint stripes we've seen, are their own version of an armour? So there's generally a plain version, then a paint themed one?

As promised after making the pic of all helmets, I am finally done the pic of all armors in Halo 5. I also put all helmets on the right armor and added the name, so you get all armor sets in one pic.

The ones with a golden banner are legendary armors, you unlock them through achievements and not REQ packs.

Keep in mind that you have to unlock the armors and helmets seperatly, so you need to get the matching 2 REQ cards for a set

To the arcticle with the pic: http://haloorbit.de/index.php/ho-exklusiv/737-haloorbit-zeigt-euch-alle-halo-5-ruestungen-auf-einen-blick

Directlink to the pic: http://haloorbit.de/images/hocontent/halo5/sonstiges/h5_all_amors.jpg

And to all german Halo fans, please visit HaloOrbit.de. Beside all the current news we do exclsuive stuff like this or even translate Hunt the Truth to german, but we hope to get a bit more attention from official side ;-)

cool. thanks. Really liking Copperhead and Fenrir.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Ganz gut.

Josh Holmes said Mk IV and V would both be in the REQ system, but we haven't seen them yet, so I wonder if they are post-launch cards. Or perhaps they are connected to Fall of Reach in the same way Nightfall armor is tied to its film.

Top Bottom