• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Glass

Can you buy an extra Warzone REQ Bundle if you get one with the LE? So you get 4 packs a week rather then 2? Asking for a friend.

Bsigg12

Can you buy an extra Warzone REQ Bundle if you get one with the LE? So you get 4 packs a week rather then 2? Asking for a friend.

We would need someone from 343 to chime in but I would assume it would just been seen as DLC and once you own it, you can't purchase it again.

I think it's one per account, the code would just redeem the same thing, you'd probably get, "You already own this item." on the store page.

RAIDEN1

So as the console bundle is releasing on the 20th, and the game won't be available till the 27th, I assume you can watch the cartoon-series, straight away or does that "unlock" to co-incide with the release of the game???

Bsigg12

So as the console bundle is releasing on the 20th, and the game won't be available till the 27th, I assume you can watch the cartoon-series, straight away or does that "unlock" to co-incide with the release of the game???

It's supposed to be available on the 27th but hopefully they decide to push it early to anyone with a digital copy of the LE or LCE of Halo 5.

That breakdown of earning REQ stuff was super helpful. Also the $1.99 for a Silver REQ Pack and $2.99 for a Gold REQ Pack seem perfectly reasonable to me.

I also didn't know the Warzone REQ Pack Bundle didn't give all of the REQ Packs at once but only two a week for seven weeks. Should calm some people down in thinking it is Pay-to-Win.

I don't understand why Fall of Reach isn't out earlier considering it sets up Blue team. If the opening cutscene before the Osiris one doesn't set up Blue team then a lot of people are going to be confused as to who they are.

Monocle

As promised after making the pic of all helmets, I am finally done the pic of all armors in Halo 5. I also put all helmets on the right armor and added the name, so you get all armor sets in one pic.

The ones with a golden banner are legendary armors, you unlock them through achievements and not REQ packs.

Keep in mind that you have to unlock the armors and helmets seperatly, so you need to get the matching 2 REQ cards for a set

To the arcticle with the pic: http://haloorbit.de/index.php/ho-exklusiv/737-haloorbit-zeigt-euch-alle-halo-5-ruestungen-auf-einen-blick

Directlink to the pic: http://haloorbit.de/images/hocontent/halo5/sonstiges/h5_all_amors.jpg

And to all german Halo fans, please visit HaloOrbit.de. Beside all the current news we do exclsuive stuff like this or even translate Hunt the Truth to german, but we hope to get a bit more attention from official side ;-)
Good stuff, thank you.

Glass

Will the 54 REQ cards you start with be randomized? And do all cards sell for the same value, or would selling a legendary (if you were that way inclined) sell for more then a common?

OEM

I don't understand why Fall of Reach isn't out earlier considering it sets up Blue team. If the opening cutscene before the Osiris one doesn't set up Blue team then a lot of people are going to be confused as to who they are.

Apparently there is a cut scene before that opening cinematic we saw but we dont know whats it about.

Hawk269

Can anyone shed light on the release schedule for the various game versions/hardware bundles etc?

For example, Best Buy Reserve Kiosk says the Limited Collector's Edition comes out on the 20th, I was in a Toys "R" Us and they received their Halo Console Bundles and the box said it is dated for 20th. Best Buy also said the Halo Console comes on the 20th, but that the normal and limited edition version of the game comes out on the 27th.

Is the reason console bundles and the LCE are releasing early because they are allowing people to play the game early like they did with Forza 6?

Can anyone shed light on the release schedule for the various game versions/hardware bundles etc?

For example, Best Buy Reserve Kiosk says the Limited Collector's Edition comes out on the 20th, I was in a Toys "R" Us and they received their Halo Console Bundles and the box said it is dated for 20th. Best Buy also said the Halo Console comes on the 20th, but that the normal and limited edition version of the game comes out on the 27th.

Is the reason console bundles and the LCE are releasing early because they are allowing people to play the game early like they did with Forza 6?
No. It's because those editions have a digital edition so you can preload them onto your console.

jbug617

Banned

LCE don't come with a disc. It's a download code so you can preload and be ready for launch day. They did announce a trade in program if you want a disc instead of a download code

Outrun

I already inputed 3 codes for req packs from Megabloks and McFarlane figures. I believe one code was called intermediate req pack...

Akai__

This was my unlock:

end_card_battle_rifle.png

Nice Battle Rifle btw.

Fuuuck those Chief clips got me hyped. Marketing has been so on point for this game.

Also watching all the clips gets you a REQ code for an AR skin. Looks like the same style of skin that is being given to other weapons as pre-order bonuses.

Howdo you get the code? And where are the other clips? I'm posting from my phone so its a bit difficult.

Glass

Hope the environment we see Blue Team is a whole level, always liked the 'natural' Halo levels the most, and that one looks really alien.

RoKKeR

These next few weeks are going to be a lot of fun. Nothing quite like Halo hype.

Also, I'm actually considering the digital limited edition for those Warzone REQs, the hell is happening...

Bessy67

And so it begins. I earned my first REQ pack and before I even get to open it I already want more. I'm addicted without even getting a taste. Dammit.

Top Bottom