• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Live Action Trailer Leaked

The Flash

Banned
Trent Reznor's been moonlighting at 343 I see.

Good trailer

I love me some Halo, but Master Chief's voice has never worked for me. Sounds like an old tired nerd.

E63CFBA1901099964382139813888_2ac312a23e6.1.1.jpg

blakep267

Damn straight, I couldn't seem to get a grip on those slippy plasma grenades.

So...(Halo 4 spoilers)
Cortana died (maybe) and the Chief is on a massive search for some AA batteries so he can power her up again.
I don't know about that. It seems that after the blue team opening mission we've seen, chief gets shown a vision of something and it makes him go awol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So...(Halo 4 spoilers)
Cortana died (maybe) and the Chief is on a massive search for some AA batteries so he can power her up again.
So killing humans will stop Cortana from dying? lol

ryan299

So...(Halo 4 spoilers)

Dam that sucks that they're still using AA batteries in the future.

So killing humans will stop Cortana from dying? lol
I highly doubt he's actually killing humans. My money is on that he went on a quest to save Cortana and Oni is flipping out because Chief went awhol and that's a massive liability issue. Oni is telling Locke and the crew that the chief is a bad guy now so that they're willing to kill him.

Tunavi

Banned
Having not played Halo 4... why is Master Chief killing humans now?
long answer: listen to hunt the truth

short answer( Hunt the truth spoilers)
he was engaging in combat with human extremists at a human/covenant peace treaty meeting (protecting the good guys), but the evidence released was not in chief's favor

Another great trailer in the Halo lineage. Nothing will ever top the hype and dread I felt for Chief from the "Believe" campaign. That navigable diorama was really something special.

Ape

Banned
Question for someone at 343

do you use any type of synthesizer or some filter effects on Mike Colter's voice?

So 117 gets a warning from ghost Cortana that "Meridian is next" (Game Informer story), he presumably heads there and we see what happens in this trailer.

Maybe because he was there at the same time, ONI thinks he's causing this? 4 or 5 other Guardians seem to awaken at roughly the same time, I wonder if 117 was there as well?

Per the other trailer.. Meridian takes place on 10.27.2558 (not 2560 typo).. but we know Locke's team is also on Sanghelios on 10.27.2558.. so I wonder if they visit two planets in the same day, or this is just edited to make it look like Locke & Co were right behind Chief?

Looking at the trailer, is that a guardian coming out of the ground?

So far they've all been buried that we know of.

Ape

Banned
That's cool! his voice is better imo.

I haven't been keeping up on this so I was sort of surprised when I heard locke speak

So, I liked the other one more.

This one is cool on paper, but something about the way its filmed looks more like a super high budget fan film. I know the resources allocated to something that's no more than a live action trailer are limited, but it just came off as weird in this case. It kinda took away from the impact the ad was supposed to have, at least IMO.

While on the other hand, the one from last week looked great and showcased material that fit within the budget. I want to see a official mashup cut of the two.

Top Bottom