• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Live Action Trailer Leaked

J5B9Pp6.gif

Trup1aya

Seeing that trailer makes you wonder if there will ever be a Halo movie in our life-time...it would be a box-office smash, guns-a-blazing...!

They really need to follow Marvel's lead: Make some television/Netflix shows to cover the mature themed grey-area politics and espionage that we see in the extended lore, then use the cinema to tell some self contained MC focused action spectacles...

It could be glorious

Zeta Oni

Not trying to have the game spoiled. Is it too much to ask for some gameplay that isn't spoiler intense or do halo fans just like having the game spoiled for them?

They have only shown off two mission in the game, both with minimal spoilers. If youd like to remain absolutely clear, then yeah, don't watch them, but they aren't anything crazy in terms of spoiling.

Outrun

The implication here is that ONI and the UNSC want the Chief dead.

This is why they have announced his demise in advance....

That is some powerful shit there..... And it ties nicely to Dr. Halsey's feeling that the UNSC want to replace John-117 in the Halo 4 prologue cut scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUUdi6a3fE

Trup1aya

So Master Chief is a bad guy now, none of the trailers for Halo 5 show gameplay, and the game is Xbox one exclusive? Pass.

Shame too, it was fun at E3, but not fun enough to justify buying an Xbox One. It's a shame the Halo franchise has to die like this, they should do a PC port to keep it going.

Oh come on dont act like Halo wouldn't thrive on PC. It was a computer game to begin with. No ones going to buy an Xbox One for this, especially without seeing actual gameplay.

Lol what a strange thing to say... Halo has been a primary reason to buy Xbox consoles for over a decade...

It's been surviving w/o PC... Hell, it survived the OG Xbox... But now you think it will die on Xbox one?

jelly

Strange. Live action Halo just doesn't look right. Maybe it needs a bigger budget but all these live action commercials look so cheap. I think Spartan need to be CG created. It looks cheap and silly as is.

Yeah, looks odd but I think they're getting slightly better. I still feel it's Starship Troopers, oversized equipment and cosplay Spartans, very good ones but still a bike helmet.

The Blomkamp feature at times is the best it's ever looked, the first part especially.

So, are the Guardians doing a War of the Worlds nap underground that nobody noticed?

I'm guessing ONI thought they found new super weapons to use in a war but can't control them. Chief sets out to destroy them.

Grazzt

I love me some Halo, but Master Chief's voice has never worked for me. Sounds like an old tired nerd.

What?! Chief's voice is sexy as fuck.

So Master Chief is a bad guy now, none of the trailers for Halo 5 show gameplay, and the game is Xbox one exclusive? Pass.

Shame too, it was fun at E3, but not fun enough to justify buying an Xbox One. It's a shame the Halo franchise has to die like this, they should do a PC port to keep it going.

Not sure if serious.

I love me some Halo, but Master Chief's voice has never worked for me. Sounds like an old tired nerd.

Torches and pitchforks? TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS.

Trailer was mad hype, wonder what's next for the coming weeks, because I can hear the MS marketing machine churning.

Correction: *His delivery of the line in this particular trailer sucked.

Every time I hear Locke speak I cringe. You guys aren't alone. His cliche forced hero bro voice killed the SMALLEST line he had in this trailer. It was all good until that point lol

jelly

The game will end with Locke "officially" executing chief, but unofficially mercy will be shown.

#believe

Locke sacrifices himself to save Chief and gets corrupted by the Prometheans. Locke is the big bad in Halo 6 who needs brought back to the light.

blakep267

Strange. Live action Halo just doesn't look right. Maybe it needs a bigger budget but all these live action commercials look so cheap. I think Spartan need to be CG created. It looks cheap and silly as is.
They would need to be fully CG. The movements never seem "graceful" enough when it's just people in suits. It's like movement is a struggle

Same with Iron man. It just wouldn't work if he's not CG

ONI often operates without a moral compass, but they're never stupid. They surely have a logical end game here, even if it isn't apparent now.

Nothing sounds intelligent about turning against one of you're greatest heroes. Especially with whats coming from the horizon and from inside their walls with the resurgent of the insurrectionist.

They better make some sense of out of this. Because right now i'm going with team forerunners given humanity is pretty stupid right now.

watership

They would need to be fully CG. The movements never seem "graceful" enough when it's just people in suits. It's like movement is a struggle

Most people are on a "practical effects are better than CG" kick right now, but don't let that fool you. It's far easier and convincing to do something like a guy in a high tech suit of armour in post/CG than with a real suit. Considering these are commercials, they probably are the best you're going to get outside of a high end TV show or movie.

shireman

Banned

Exactly. And I agree with the poster above that it looks like Halo cosplay. Perfect way to describe it.

Visually the Ridley Scott produced commercial is king so far. Chief looks nearly perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO376G4tbGM#t=45

m23

Oh come on dont act like Halo wouldn't thrive on PC. It was a computer game to begin with. No ones going to buy an Xbox One for this, especially without seeing actual gameplay.

Not trying to have the game spoiled. Is it too much to ask for some gameplay that isn't spoiler intense or do halo fans just like having the game spoiled for them?

I fucking can't....

That thread has tonnes of gameplay, even from campaign which has been edited so there are minimal spoilers.

Top Bottom