• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Heavenly Sword gameplay screenshots

Hagi23

the only thing that bothers me about HS is that the enemy variety is seemingly nonexistent, does she fight anyone/thing else besides soldiers the entire game minus the boss fights??

Wollan

19442321920070818115651.jpg

Yeah, I'm holding my Tod as well.

Dave1988

The first time I've noticed tearing was in GoWII. Didn't care much about it but it can be annoying. I actually don't remember seeing any tearing while playing the demo of HS.

Ploid 3.0

Wollan said:
http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/19442321920070818115651.jpg
Yeah, I'm holding my [I]Tod[/I] as well.[/QUOTE]

Did someone say Ratchet & Cl ahh forget it. This game looks good. I wish the demo was longer but I dug the combat moves.

Edit: I noticed a lot of tearing in atv offroad 1 ps2 near launch. I thought it came with the territory because it was 60fps. Everytime I spin the camera fast.

gcubed

iapetus said:
I feel very sorry for people who believe this.

listen, i'm buying the game the day it comes out, and the other videos look like the extreme tearing in the upper part of the demo was just a demo thing. I havent played the demo in a week, so i guess my memory was a little fuzzy as to when the tearing was, but there was horrible tearing in the demo, something that IMO shouldnt be in a game.

I love the game and everything about it, i was expressing my displeasure for the tearing, excuse me.

Well I hope I never notice tearing then, I don't want to become a picky bastard. In this case I'll quite happily choose ignorance! Only things that annoy me are shitty frame rates and pop-up/fade in of trees and grass etc.

Kyo

Those are from our page originally, you can find a few more (some showing a Kai crossbow level) there:
http://www.videogameszone.de/?menu=browser&article_id=610121&mag=25

As usual you'll only get the full resolution when you click on "Bild in Originalgröße" below.

I know the selection isn't the best, didn't have much time for those screenshots on Friday and for some reason the game crashed on me twice while loading a certain level I wanted to show. We'll have more shots next week and those will be more carefully chosen, I promise. :)

Wollan

Mmmkay said:
Well in that case I certainly hope they weren't from review code...
I don't think the game has gone gold yet I think. It has to be terribly close though at this point, four weeks to go.

Mmmkay

Wollan said:
I don't think the game has gone gold yet I think. It has to be terribly close though at this point, four weeks to go.
If the game's crashing in review code then I'd be a little worried personally. But it may well be the GC demo build or a recent preview build.

gcubed

SealSqueal said:
Well I hope I never notice tearing then, I don't want to become a picky bastard. In this case I'll quite happily choose ignorance! Only things that annoy me are shitty frame rates and pop-up/fade in of trees and grass etc.

and see i notice the pop-up and fade in, but it doesnt bother me as much as tearing :)

VonGak!

Banned
Psychotext said:
Why are those words capitalised? Is there something about the German language I'm missing?

I guess it's because it's a name too. Like I'm holding the Grim Reaper (Death) in my hands.

Could be wrong though. :)

nategc

Banned
is it me, or did this pic pretty much summed up my fears for this game.

28129611220070818115653.jpg

i hope that the enemies don't just stand there and just wait to get hit like they did in the demo. Because in this pic they are just looking at you until the first wave gets depleted :p

VonGak!

Banned
nategc said:

i hope that the enemies don't just stand there and just wait to get hit like they did in the demo. Because in this pic they are just looking at you until the first wave gets depleted :p

Your agenda gets invay of your thinking. :( For god's sake they are on a narrow bridge, they'd push down their comrades if they blindly attacked.

nategc

Banned
VonGak! said:
Your agenda gets invay of your thinking. :( For god's sake they are on a narrow bridge, they'd push down their comrades if they blindly attacked.

what is my agenda? it was a perfectly good complaint.... sure you could say its the bridge but i seen more screenshots that just shows the enemies just standing there.

and do you really think that i'm out to discredit this game? wow.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
SealSqueal said:
God you people must look so frickin closely at games. I have played a lot of games in my time on several platforms and like to think I know a good one when I see one, and never in my life have noticed screen tearing...
Stop playing games with your eyes closed, man.

le.phat

nategc said:

28129611220070818115653.jpg

they're on a small bridge, what do you expect them to do ?

Lain

nategc said:

I'm sure that standing on a bridge and Nariko being in the range stance couldn't have anything to do with the enemies being kept at a distance at all.
Those enemies aren't smart at all, I tell you!
They should all jump on Nariko while she is throwing them around with the Heavenly sword in range stance.

karasu

nategc said:
what is my agenda? it was a perfectly good complaint.... sure you could say its the bridge but i seen more screenshots that just shows the enemies just standing there.

What should they be doing? Floating?

nib95

Banned
le.phat said:
they're on a small bridge, what do you expect them to do ?

He's a clever warrior. If it was him on that bridge he'd rush forward only to kill himself and his men when he manages to push them/himself off it.

Clever AI FTW!

Stop nit picking. The enemies are doing exactly what you would in the situation. Being cautious.

RavenFox

Banned
nib95 said:
He's a clever warrior. If it was him on that bridge he'd rush forward only to kill himself and his men when he manages to push them/himself off it.

Clever AI FTW!

Stop nit picking. The enemies are doing exactly what you would in the situation. Being cautious.
lol well said

Paranoid_Robot said:
Looks good, I want it to be great but I think it will end up getting 8's; which is still good but not as good as what I want.

I dont really get these kinds of posts..or I do...Im not sure

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Clinton514 said:
WTF I wasn't supposed to look at any of those screenshots. :(
Same... jesus christ.

Chrono

Banned
What exactly does screen tearing mean? Is it that horizontal 'split' between the top and bottom parts of the screen? I don't see it in those pics... that happened to me when I played the Sigma demo and DMC3 on my monitor - turning the TV off then on fixed it... I guess that won't work with Heavenly Sword? :p

nib95 said:
Nah... clever would be pushing the guy in front of you into here and thus off the edge. :lol

That or not being stupid enough to get on the bridge in the first place. :D

Hagi23 said:
the only thing that bothers me about HS is that the enemy variety is seemingly nonexistent, does she fight anyone/thing else besides soldiers the entire game minus the boss fights??

I've been kinda bothered by this. Not counting bosses it looks like theres only 3 different types of enemies. Hopefully that ultimately doesn't make a difference.

deepbrown

Space A Cobra said:
I've been kinda bothered by this. Not counting bosses it looks like theres only 3 different types of enemies. Hopefully that ultimately doesn't make a difference.

Well there's three diff types in the demo - and we've seen at least another 2 different in other footage. Remember the turtle guys? I sure do - funny looking things.

deepbrown said:
Well there's three diff types in the demo - and we've seen at least another 2 different in other footage. Remember the turtle guys? I sure do - funny looking things.

No I don't but thats ok I prefer the game to surprise me.

gcubed

Chrono said:
What exactly does screen tearing mean? Is it that horizontal 'split' between the top and bottom parts of the screen? I don't see it in those pics... that happened to me when I played the Sigma demo and DMC3 on my monitor - turning the TV off then on fixed it... I guess that won't work with Heavenly Sword? :p

in the one picture where people are pointing it out, you see in the shadows of her and the enemy you can see a line going through it and the shadow's dont "connect" and are offset. Thats screen tearing. God of War 2 has some slight screen tearing, but not enough to be bothersome (if you put GOW2 in HD mode, there is TONS of tearing). The demo for HS, as some pointed out, has some tearing when you are up on the ledge before you jump down the rope.

tha_con

Banned
nategc said:

Because obviously hand to hand foot soldiers would do other things other than wait to attack when the people in front of them die.

What do you expect? The armies of people to crush her? Let's be realistic here. It wouldn't make sense at all for them all to just swing and hit that far back, it would be stupid, and if they did that, your post would read:

"Why are they all attacking from the back like that? They should just be waiting for their chance to attack"

It's awesome :lol

Zen

Banned
THe only time it ever got close to btohering me was one area in God of War 2 where you first encounter the summoners, and that area was like designed to make any tear as glaring as possible. I never noticed any 95 percent of the rest of the game.

pswii60

I like the whole '24' thing where they have two different camera angles on display at the same time. Really cool.

Top Bottom