• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new heavenly sword pics

Mmmkay said:
Heh, keyword meta tags are always funny:

Wait, what?!!? Is that a hint for the game's soundtrack? If so then colour me interested.

[edit]Wikipedia to the rescue:
"He is currently producing 3.5 hours of music for Sony Playstation 3’s Heavenly Sword"

<3

HOLY SHITTTTTT.

Damn, this game is sounding better and better.

This could have one of the best game soundtracks ever.

peace

Mmmkay

It's sort of further emphasising how Heavenly Sword has a multitude of different cultural influences. People keep finding it difficult to pin down, like most talk about Heavenly Sword having Japanese art styles and influences, when in interviews NT have talked mainly of inspiration from Wuxia. Is this a misconception from the consumer, a failure in the artwork, or something intentional? Having a score from a renowned DJ who has heavy Bengali overtones in his music could muddle things even more.

Also, according to a recent interview, his work on Heavenly Sword is already finished:
http://www.mynottinghill.co.uk/nottinghilltv/fe-arts_nitin-sawhney-interview.htm

What other projects do you have up your sleeve?
At the moment I am working on a project about an Indian mathematician called Ramanujan. I am also working on the Mahabharata project for Saddler Wells, but I am very excited about my next album. I am going to be doing something quite unprecedented, I’ll be writing it like an orchestral score. We are thinking of doing it with the London Symphony Orchestra or the BBC Symphony Orchestra next year at the Barbican. The next album is really an exciting project and that is where my head is at right now, if I was honest. There are other things that I am doing-I am doing a score for a Brian Epstein movie, I have just done the score for a Playstation 3 game. There is also a lovely project that I have just been doing in New Zealand for a film called, A Throw of Dice which I did last year at the Barbican we will be taking this project to New York, LA, Portugal, Italy a number of different places.

Mmmkay said:
It's sort of further emphasising how Heavenly Sword has a multitude of different cultural influences. People keep finding it difficult to pin down, like most talk about Heavenly Sword having Japanese art styles and influences, when in interviews NT have talked mainly of inspiration from Wuxia. Is this a misconception from the consumer, a failure in the artwork, or something intentional? Having a score from a renowned DJ who has heavy Bengali overtones in his music could muddle things even more.

Also, according to a recent interview, his work on Heavenly Sword is already finished:
http://www.mynottinghill.co.uk/nottinghilltv/fe-arts_nitin-sawhney-interview.htm

I think the style is quite coherent to be honest, though it remains to be seen how nitin sawhney fits into all of this...sawhney can be very diverse in music though, especially in his 'prophecy' release

peace

Mmmkay

Vee shall see.

Incidentally, I was just looking through the character artwork... (*plot speculation*) looks like
you'll be fighting Superman II stylee with yourself/sword at some point. And I guess I might have been right about the correlation between Nikki/Jessica and Nariko/Sword as to why HS was on Heroes.

ChryZ

Mmmkay said:
It's sort of further emphasising how Heavenly Sword has a multitude of different cultural influences. People keep finding it difficult to pin down, like most talk about Heavenly Sword having Japanese art styles and influences, when in interviews NT have talked mainly of inspiration from Wuxia.
The art direction of the game is indeed pretty interesting, it's like a European take on Wuxia injected with some Korean and IMHO with no traces of Japanese ... well except maybe the main characters' name.

Hmmm.

I thought Tan Dun (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and Hero) was doing an orchestral soundtrack for this game, but I guess it might just have been the audio crew from CTHD. Perhaps I read too much into what I had read about those recording sessions.

Mmmkay

Haven't seen these before, shame they're small though:

http://www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Heavenly_Sword_PS3_Preview/551-81438-698.html

81438_5.jpg

81438_first.jpg

81438_second.jpg

81438_4.jpg

81438_7.jpg

81438_8.jpg

81438_10.jpg

81438_11.jpg

81438_2.jpg

From the article it seems they're all from the same level we've seen already.

llTll

Banned
can we please get even smaller pics so we can hide more bad details ??

i mean. lets try and get pics just barely fits our mobile phones. this way. all the games will look the same and look good.

llTll said:

i mean. lets try and get pics just barely fits our mobile phones. this way. all the games will look the same and look good.

STFU please, we got to see a new level recently at Gamers day and the game looks amazing.

cartoon_soldier said:
Looks awesome. A good showcase of PS3's power till now.

First showcase was Resistance
Second was F1 06
Third was MotorStorm
Fourth will be Lair
Fifth will be Heavenly Sword
Sixth will be Ratchet and Clank
Seventh will be Uncharted.

VonGak!

Banned
llTll said:

Can't see the need as it's the lighting which makes these pictures stand out. :)

cartoon_soldier said:
Urm...not for me.

No shit Sgt. Xbot.

You come of as a very hardcore Xbox 360 fanboy (I mean just look at that brilliant post history). I really doubt you either have a PS3 or have ever played one.

What were you going on about in the Ratchet thread when the trailer was revealed? It was something very stupid if I recall correctly.

gbovo

Mmmkay said:
Haven't seen these before, shame they're small though:

http://www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Heavenly_Sword_PS3_Preview/551-81438-698.html

[/img]http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/81438_5.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/81438_first.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/81438_second.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/81438_4.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/81438_7.jpg[/img]
81438_8.jpg

[/img]http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/81438_10.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/81438_11.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/81438_2.jpg[/img]

From the article it seems they're all from the same level we've seen already.
"I....I cum" /Nacho Vidal

AAK

Doom_Bringer said:
Second was F1 06
Third was MotorStorm
Fourth will be Lair

Eighth shall be DMC4 :)

XSamu

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
Second was F1 06
Third was MotorStorm
Fourth will be Lair
Euhm First was Motorstorm, second will be Uncharted....
Resistance didn't look that good at all, F1 06 had it's strong points, but too many weak ones as well. Heavenly Sword looks lovely and all, but I don't see it becoming a showcase for the PS3's power either (same goes for Lair.... which however is a good showcase for SIXAXIS).
AAK said:
Eighth shall be DMC4 :)
Even though DMC4 doesn't look bad, it doesn't look rly good either.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
XSamu said:
Resistance didn't look that good at all, F1 06 had it's strong points, but too many weak ones as well. Heavenly Sword looks lovely and all, but I don't see it becoming a showcase for the PS3's power either.

From what's been discussed of it, it should be technically very impressive. High geometry counts, MSAA+HDR, tons of AI and physics (the army scenes), not to mention general high production values. If PS3 games were supposed to be ambitious and cinematic, it seems like a model..and on the technical side, it's already literally presented by Sony as a case study in better PS3 usage.

XSamu

Banned
AAK said:
Yes it does. The scope of Nero's Devil Bringer at 60 fps is simply mindblowing.
No I'm talking seriously now (besides, being a multiplatform game, it's not rly a game that can showcase the PS3's power either now is it). On many levels it looks below expectations, I mean, sure, it looks fine, but not "WOW"
VonGak! said:
What is Lair missing? :)
It's not really missing anything, it's just an good looking game, nothing more, nothing less.
gofreak said:
From what's been discussed of it, it should be technically very impressive. High geometry counts, MSAA+HDR, tons of AI and physics (the army scenes), not to mention general high production values. If PS3 games were supposed to be ambitious and cinematic, it seems like a model..and on the technical side, it's already literally presented by Sony as a case study in better PS3 usage.
Yeah sure it's possible, it's not out yet and it may be the best looking PS3 game. It's just that the footage shown so far doesn't indicate that to be the case.

VonGak!

Banned
AAK said:
Yes it does. The scope of Nero's Devil Bringer at 60 fps is simply mindblowing.

But the way he animates and the clothes act just do not feel like something I expect from next gen.

When talking graphics I'd claim that HS is leaps above DMC4 from the things we have been shown.

cilonen

:lol at the downplaying from 360 fanboys. Resistance blew me away the first time I encountered the alien architecture, it looks superb.

Heavenly Sword is looking sweet too, I'll be picking this up day one.

AAK

Speak for yourself, but showing off hardware isn't limited to how many pores you can see on the main character's skin, or how man flickering waves a trench coat can carry out in mid-air. The gameplay is what will show what the hardware is capable of in DMC4's case.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Keep looking at the trailer released at Gamers Day for this game. I really can't wait, looks awesome. Love the setting, the premise of the story and the animations are really incredible.

The environments really makes this game feel really epic to me.

XSamu

Banned
AAK said:
Speak for yourself, but showing off hardware isn't limited to how many pores you can see on the main character's skin, or how man flickering waves a trench coat can carry out in mid-air. The gameplay is what will show what the hardware is capable of in DMC4's case.
Dude... it's multi-platform...

Zen

Banned
THe Gameplay could be done pretty similarly on the original Xbox. That's not what showing off hardware prowess means. It's not like Devil may Cry 4 is doing any really CPU intensive or advanced techniques. It lives or dies by its artists, thankfully they have really really really good artists. It's not , tech wise, amazing but by no means is it bad...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
XSamu said:
Yeah sure it's possible, it's not out yet and it may be the best looking PS3 game. It's just that the footage shown so far doesn't indicate that to be the case.

Well, there is a slight distinction between it being the best looking PS3 game and it being a showcase for the system. I think it's certainly one of the best looking, but that introduces all sort of subjective qualities like art etc., but as a technical show piece, it has pretty excellent credentials from what's been discussed thusfar.

Ceb

I think it's impressive how much faraway texture detail you can spot. The engine doesn't just LOD the shit out of the backdrops. Hope we get some bigger versions of those pics, because they seem to be amazing.

XSamu

Banned
AAK said:
For all we know, it could provide it the same way RE4 showed the power of the GC.
Euhm yeah but well it doesn't. The Xbox 360 en PS3 versions are similar....... so no RE4 NGC and RE4 PS2 scenario.

XSamu

Banned
AAK said:
We don't know that yet, according to this interview they just started the 360 version recently and the public has no idea what it looks like yet.
Well it can't possibly look worse than the PS3 version, cuz if that's the case, Capcom has really messed up big time with DMC4. But when I look at what Capcom has produced so far for Xbox 360, I don't think.. well I'm positve, it will not look worse at all.

spwolf

XSamu said:
Resistance didn't look that good at all, F1 06 had it's strong points, but too many weak ones as well. Heavenly Sword looks lovely and all, but I don't see it becoming a showcase for the PS3's power either (same goes for Lair.... which however is a good showcase for SIXAXIS).

Even though DMC4 doesn't look bad, it doesn't look rly good either.

Resistance had best implemented multiplayer component, F1 is the best looking realistic racer out there...

but I disagree about HS and Lair, both will be technological showcases for PS3, at this point even more so than KZ2 that we know NOTHING about. While we know that both HS and Lair look really great.

VonGak!

Banned
XSamu said:
Well it can't possibly look worse than the PS3 version, cuz if that's the case, Capcom has really messed up big time with DMC4. But when I look at what Capcom has produced so far for Xbox 360, I don't think.. well I'm positve, it will not look worse at all.

Indeed not.

And it's not like DMC4 has graphical aspects which aren't being equalled or surpassed by other games on both consoles.

XSamu

Banned
spwolf said:
Resistance had best implemented multiplayer component,
Yeah the multiplayer part is pretty impressive for a console game.
spwolf said:
F1 is the best looking realistic racer out there...
Well that's not what I thought when I was playing that game... no rly, it's not.
spwolf said:
but I disagree about HS and Lair, both will be technological showcases for PS3, at this point even more so than KZ2 that we know NOTHING about. While we know that both HS and Lair look really great.
KZ2 shouldn't even be mentioned. Talking about a stupid hype of a game that hasn't be revealed yet...
I think Heavenly Sword will a really great and good looking game in the end, but so far it's not THAT impressive (I'm not talking about art here).

Top Bottom