• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new heavenly sword pics

lol Killzone 2 hasnt even been showed and from people who have seen the tech demo they showed of KZ2, say its pretty unimpressive. Lair is the most impressive

XSamu said:
Resistance didn't look that good at all

You keep telling yourself that. Maybe if you repeat the lie over and over, you can make it true.

But just to make it interesting:

4m8mf6s.jpg

52znqxe.jpg

Yeah. So I'll take everything you say about graphics with a huge mountain of salt.

"Xbothawk Down" indeed.

XSamu said:
Yeah the multiplayer part is pretty impressive for a console game.

Well that's not what I thought when I was playing that game... no rly, it's not.

KZ2 shouldn't even be mentioned. Talking about a stupid hype of a game that hasn't be revealed yet...
I think Heavenly Sword will a really great and good looking game in the end, but so far it's not THAT impressive (I'm not talking about art here).

urgh

XSamu

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
You keep telling yourself that. Maybe if you repeat the lie over and over, you can make it true.

But just to make it interesting:

*pics*

Yeah. So I'll take everything you say about graphics with a huge mountain of salt.

"Xbothawk Down" indeed.
Yeah that's kinda what the problem is with this game isn't it, that it looks good at times, it has it strong points, but it's not consistent at all. If you own the game or have played it, you should agree with me.
dfyb said:
what game looks better? GTHD?
Even DIRT looks better.

XSamu should really shut up. You have a problem admitting PS3 games look good because you are a xbot.

Seriously Resistance is a great FPS engine where there is absolutely tons of stuff going on screen and the game never slows down! THIS is a feet in FPS's!!

Not only that it pushes great geometry as well. Of course you haven't played the game ever so what would you know?

XSamu

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
XSamu should really shut up. You have a problem admitting the game looks good because you are a xbot.

Seriously Resistance is a great FPS engine where there is absolutely tons of stuff going on screen and the game never slows down! THIS is a feet in FPS's!!

Not only that it pushes great geometry as well. Of course you haven't played the game ever so what would you know?
No I'll admit if a game looks great if it actually does and unfortunately for you I have played the game. Motorstorm, which is also a PS3 exclusive game, looks great. I admit it looks great, because it actually does. I never said Resistance looks bad, but when someone says it really showcases the power of the PS3....... get the fúck real :|

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
XSamu said:
No I'll admit if a game looks great if it actually does and unfortunately for you I have played the game. Motorstorm, which is also a PS3 exclusive game, looks great. I admit it looks great, because it actually does. I never said Resistance looks bad, but when someone says it really showcases the power of the PS3....... get the fúck real :|

Uhm. It does.

Over 40 enemies or more at the screen at once.

If you had played the game, you would realize the scope of the game is HUGE. You aren't in a tiny room with no more than 8 enemies at the same time, but you are inside a real warzone, being flanked left and right, with twenty of your friendly NPCs backing your ass, while simultanously going against another 20 enemy NPCs and a giant ****ing robot crushing everything in its path with a huge transport helicopter coming in from above dropping another 30 enemy NPCs.

Those that have played the game know which level I described.

v1cious

Banned
momolicious said:
lol Killzone 2 hasnt even been showed and from people who have seen the tech demo they showed of KZ2, say its pretty unimpressive. Lair is the most impressive

it wasn't the game they saw, it was a demonstration of the engine. pretty much everyone has said that. i'm not saying it will look like the video, but it could still wow us.

XSamu said:
I never said Resistance looks bad, but when someone says it really showcases the power of the PS3....... get the fúck real :|

It is a showcase!! How many FPS's have locked frame rates?? They all crawl when a lot of stuff starts happening on screen and this is where Resistance shines, it never slows down ever....

However the shader work and lighting isn't that good but I guess Insomniac will fix that up in Resistance 2

dai said:
wft? does his fat jiggle? :lol]

I think they are going for a more Vassily Alexeyev, "fat guy with tons of power" feel. I mean, when you see this guy:

4uu9r10.jpg

He looks like he's totally jiggly, but he wasn't.

XSamu said:
Yeah that's kinda what the problem is with this game isn't it, that it looks good at times, it has it strong points, but it's not consistent at all. If you own the game or have played it, you should agree with me.

Well, you said "Resistance didn't look that good at all," now you are backing off.

I play the game regularly online with the GAF Clan, and am almost through Superhuman difficulty (4th time through) on the single player, so yes, I have played it.

But you are insane if you think I'd agree with you.

The game never reaches the point where I would say it "didn't look that good at all". Even in the so-called "boring" or "unimpressive" first stages, the maps are HUGE, and there are always points where tremendous numbers of enemies hit the screen, 40+ Leapers flooding toward the player, or enemy infantry with bullets flying.

Then there is the fact that you can go up to almost any window anywhere in the game and it will break with the most realistic glass effects we'd ever seen in a game, something Dirt is just now trying to emulate.

All this from a launch title. It is actually remarkably consistent in hindsight. Just because it doesn't hit you over the head with everything it has to offer graphically right at the beginning of the game, doesn't mean that it doesn't look great.

Face facts, you just caught yourself trolling. Now go away.

nelsonroyale said:
resistance looks good...it is nowhere near a showcase of ps3s power...

lair, r & c, uncharted, HS, FFXIII, all these are

peace

It is a launch game. What do you expect, the ultimate showcase of PS3's potential?

We aren't likely to see that for many years to come. Lair, R&C, Uncharted, HS, ect won't be that ultimate showcase either. Think how long it took PS2 to have a game like God of War, or God of War 2.

Resistance isn't an ultimate showcase, but it is a showcase. It will be surpassed very soon, but it is still a very nice preview of some of what's to come. Other things that the PS3 and XB360 can do, we can't even imagine right now.

XSamu

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
Well, you said "Resistance didn't look that good at all," now you are backing off.
I don't think my English is that bad, but when I say "not that good at all", the 'that' is referring to the "showcases the power of the PS3".
Pristine_Condition said:
But you are insane if you think I'd agree with you.

The game never reaches the point where I would say it "didn't look that good at all". Even in the so-called "boring" or "unimpressive" first stages, the maps are HUGE, and there are always points where tremendous numbers of enemies hit the screen, 40+ Leapers flooding toward the player, or enemy infantry with bullets flying.
Did you like, go from PS2 to PS3 without playing on for example the Xbox 360? So that the leap for you was huge? I have actually played every PS3 release game and a lot of Xbox 360 games and maybe it's because I'm comparing a lot with other games? I don't know, but when I went to the Sony event in Amsterdam, the most impressive looking game there was Virtua Fighter 5 (Motorstorm could be close though) and not those other games. The first time I played Resistance I was like "meh, it'll get better over time" (which it did of course), but the second time the game was actually complete and I played a lot of it (partly in co-op mode, on an HD tv btw) and no I did not think it was the "that" impressive at all.
Pristine_Condition said:
Then there is the fact that you can go up to almost any window anywhere in the game and it will break with the most realistic glass effects we'd ever seen in a game, something Dirt is just now trying to emulate.
Yes that was a really nice touch, but no offense, many games have their own nice little touch of detail.
Pristine_Condition said:
All this from a launch title. It is actually remarkably consistent in hindsight. Just because it doesn't hit you over the head with everything it has to offer graphically right at the beginning of the game, doesn't mean that it doesn't look great.
Like I already said, it looks good, but not "that" great, damn it, is it so hard to read? I mean it's kinda easy to twist words so that it seems someone is completely bashing something which is not the fact at all. It's rather annoying really.

And it's not even like no reviews agree with me either, so I don't understand all the hate here.
Pristine_Condition said:
Face facts, you just caught yourself trolling. Now go away.
I'm really sorry you actually had to go so low to get that "trolling" word in the discussion. I didn't think you would actually need it and you would try to convince me without desperately using that term.

mintylurb

Guys, this is a thread about heavenly sword.. can we get back to talking about the game? And why are you guys arguing with xsamu? Apparently, he has played every ps3 game that's out on the market so he knows what he's talking about. Don't argue with him.

Anyway, those new HS shots look pretty good. Hopefully, Ninja Theory will release some bigger pics and trailers soon.

XSamu said:
Did you like, go from PS2 to PS3 without playing on for example the Xbox 360? So that the leap for you was huge?

Nope. I've owned a 360 since Feb. 2006, when they finally started to be restocked here in the US. CoD2 was the first game I bought for it, even before I had the actual system. I've played many of the games. I'm currently playing Shadowrun.

XSamu said:
The first time I played Resistance I was like "meh, it'll get better over time" (which it did of course), but the second time the game was actually complete and I played a lot of it (partly in co-op mode, on an HD tv btw) and no I did not think it was the "that" impressive at all.

So, you didn't finish the game. You only played part of it on an HDTV. And some of that time was in split-screen.

[sarcasm] Great. Yeah, you got the whole Resistance experience. [/sarcasm]

You just tell us when you've caught up with the rest of the class, and are actually qualified to comment on the game, OK?

XSamu said:
Like I already said, it looks good, but not "that" great, damn it, is it so hard to read?

No. I can read fine. The problem is that you, the guy who is now saying "it looks good" is the same guy who just said "Resistance didn't look that good at all" less than two hours ago.

Explain to me, in light of those two facts, how I'm supposed to not be baffled by your posts, please.

XSamu said:
I mean it's kinda easy to twist words so that it seems someone is completely bashing something which is not the fact at all. It's rather annoying really.

I didn't twist anything. I quoted you.

XSamu said:
And it's not even like no reviews agree with me either, so I don't understand all the hate here.

"All the hate?" Please. There is no hate. There is disagreement. Drop the "I'm being persecuted" act. You were the one who came in here and started posting the tripe.

XSamu said:
I'm really sorry you actually had to go so low to get that "trolling" word in the discussion. I didn't think you would actually need it and you would try to convince me without desperately using that term.

I expressed my opinion. I thought you were trolling. So do a lot of other people. Also, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You obviously have an agenda here, so even if I wanted to try to convince you of something, that would be a fool's errand anyway.

Forsete

Interesting observation? Seems the peeps being the most critical towards PS3 games are the members with the most X:es or 360:ies in their username.

Kittonwy

Banned
nelsonroyale said:

peace

Things like streaming texture simply wasn't put in because Insomniac was shooting for a launch title, instead they chose to push a ton of geometry and effects while keeping the framerate rock-solid. With R&C they're able to further enhance their engine to include better lighting as well as streaming textures. When Insomniac finally makes a sequel to Resistance, it would be really something to look forward to both visually and in terms of gameplay.

Uncharted looks amazing though, keep in mind that neither Uncharted and HS are launch games.

Indifferent2.gif

Xsamu isn't a xbot but he is a crazy little bastard. He said the new Turok game looks better or equal to crysis.

He must be a teenager or something

Kittonwy said:
Things like streaming texture simply wasn't put in because Insomniac was shooting for a launch title, instead they chose to push a ton of geometry and effects while keeping the framerate rock-solid. With R&C they're able to further enhance their engine to include better lighting as well as streaming textures. When Insomniac finally makes a sequel to Resistance, it would be really something to look forward to both visually and in terms of gameplay.

Uncharted looks amazing though, keep in mind that neither Uncharted and HS are launch games.

Indifferent2.gif

funny you didn't say anything about lair but yeah 1080P totally messed that game up.

Doom_Bringer said:
Xsamu isn't a xbot but he is a crazy little bastard. He said the new Turok game looks better or equal to crysis.

He must be a teenager or something

You bet me a month-long ban that when Lair is released, Just Cause will end up looking twice as good, Doom. Then you tried to call it off a day later when new screens appeared, and started acting like it was hotter than Jamie Pressley. So don't go around calling people crazy little bastards. Glass houses, and all that.

Doom_Bringer said:
funny you didn't say anything about lair but yeah 1080P totally messed that game up.

Yeah, you better hope and pray that 1080p totally messes that game up, Doom.

Pristine_Condition said:
You bet me a month-long ban that when Lair is released, Just Cause will end up looking twice as good, Doom. Then you tried to call it off a day later when new screens appeared, and started acting like it was hotter than Jamie Pressley. So don't go around calling people crazy little bastards. Glass houses, and all that.

Yeah, you better hope and pray that 1080p totally messes that game up, Doom.

:lol
shit this guy is totally on to me! Good memory too!

The game looks ok! I mean dragons shooting rapid fireballs out of their mouths is totally ridiculous! We will see what happens! Originally I said the game would get 7/10 for graphics and I stand by that.

Kittonwy

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:

For the record I do like Lair's visuals, I think there's some sort of Jackyl and Hyde thing going on with Lair, sometimes it looks amazing, sometimes it's like
bunny.gif
, it's like that Seinfeld episode about that girl Jerry was dating that looks scary under certain lighting conditions. They really need to show more environments though, there's supposed to be an ice level, they need to show that, generate some hype, you know.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
For the record I do like Lair's visuals, I think there's some sort of Jackyl and Hyde thing going on with Lair, sometimes it looks amazing, sometimes it's like
bunny.gif
, it's like that Seinfeld episode about that girl Jerry was dating that looks scary in certain lighting conditions.
They really need to show more environments though.
Indifferent2.gif

:lol
totally agreed!

Kittonwy

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Ixnay on the airlay! You don't want to summon him do you? >.<

Oops, I forgot, sorry.
Indifferent2.gif

Uncharted>Lair, BRING IT ON!!! J/K.

I wonder when the demo will be available. SCEE Cambridge is helping to put together the demo right?

vpance

The art in Lair is kinda sucky which is why it looks bad sometimes. Good artists work closely with the devs to hide the weakpoints of the engine and accent the strengths. Blame Che's cousin, IIRC :)

Wow, that looks really awesome! The texture work looks really amazing, and the characters look good(except nipple guy) look fantastic.

mugwhump

Pristine_Condition said:
Yeah. He also sleeps with his sister. WTF

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mmmkay said:
Ixnay on the airlay! You don't want to summon him do you? >.<

LAIR looks better than any game ever, but every other game looks like shit, unless it's on xbox.

Raist

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
I mean dragons shooting rapid fireballs out of their mouths is totally ridiculous!

Somewhat, yes. Problem is, if you could fire only once every 30 secs, how bad would it play ?

I don't remember seeing people whine about that with panzer dragoon. It was even worse if you consider those multiple missiles stuff.

chriskzoo

Banned
nelsonroyale said:

peace

On the graphical side, I will agree. But it does show the PS3s ability to handle a TON of crap going on on-screen without a hint of slowdown.

deepbrown

chriskzoo said:
On the graphical side, I will agree. But it does show the PS3s ability to handle a TON of crap going on on-screen without a hint of slowdown.

exactly. Fixed Framerate with all that sh*t going on? OMFG

Speevy

Banned
Lair is a mess. And without a hint of slowdown? What game are you watching? The game I've seen puts the Cell processor on showcase without any regard to art design or even gameplay.

Some endeavors are too ambitious, and Lair is one of them.

Top Bottom